Author Topic: A solution for ENY - could apply to perks too  (Read 1871 times)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
A solution for ENY - could apply to perks too
« on: January 01, 2016, 03:23:23 AM »
Whilst I was flying tonight I had time to think about the ENY issue and people not getting the ride they want.

In this day and age very few games charge a pay to play fee.  They allow people to play for free but charge for 'upgrades'.  Now I am not suggesting AH goes down this line, IMHO pay for play attracts people with a genuine interest in the genre.

However, a hybid model might work.  How about I log in, ENY in effect and I want to fly my 51?  Simple, pay $0.50 for the remainder of my session to have ENY make no effect on me.  Pay $2.00 for it to have no effect for a week / month....you get the idea.

Perks - - we want to do a 262 run but not enough perks....Pay $0.20 to buy a 262 ride - it dies you have to pay another $0.20.

Obviously the numbers I am throwing up here are arbitrary.  I am talking about the concept.

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
Re: A solution for ENY - could apply to perks too
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 03:41:43 AM »
Absolutely not. This game should never be pay to win. End of thread.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 04:53:36 AM »
End of thread.

Nice to see you are up for discussion.  I would hate to be your employee or wife with this attitude.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 06:14:41 AM »
One of the draws of this game is that it only costs 14.95. When I see a pay for play model game, it reduces my interest in said game. I believe the model that HTC runs now is perfect. Players can earn perks to fly the uber rides while they learn the game. This prevents the whole inexperienced player getting vulched in a 262 that they paid for.

When ENY is a factor, one side has a significant numerical superiority to one of the other sides. It is hard enough to defend when you are outnumbered 20 or 30 to 1. Now imagine if they all paid for tempests or C-Hogs. Defense would be futile. This would crimp the playability of the game, significantly, IMHO.

I think the system HTC has now is the best compromise possible. It allows players to continue to fight while mitigating some of the numerical superiority. Anyway, those are my $.02.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Xtrepid

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 07:01:24 AM »
Whilst I was flying tonight I had time to think about the ENY issue and people not getting the ride they want.

In this day and age very few games charge a pay to play fee.  They allow people to play for free but charge for 'upgrades'.  Now I am not suggesting AH goes down this line, IMHO pay for play attracts people with a genuine interest in the genre.

However, a hybid model might work.  How about I log in, ENY in effect and I want to fly my 51?  Simple, pay $0.50 for the remainder of my session to have ENY make no effect on me.  Pay $2.00 for it to have no effect for a week / month....you get the idea.

Perks - - we want to do a 262 run but not enough perks....Pay $0.20 to buy a 262 ride - it dies you have to pay another $0.20.

Obviously the numbers I am throwing up here are arbitrary.  I am talking about the concept.

-1 These are not upgrades?  :headscratch:

X   :salute

SHOOT TO THRILL
"We don't hide crazy... we just put it on the front porch and give it a drink"

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 08:06:59 AM »
This is a time I absolutely agree with Dallas...
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 08:12:36 AM »
I dislike the "my wallet is deeper" than yours flight game model.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016, 08:51:15 AM »
Eny can actually be a lot of fun and can broaden your horizons plane wise. It usually doesn't get bad enough to where you cant get a 51B out, if your into 51's like you said in your OP. 

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2016, 08:53:59 AM »
The 51b is a great plane
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2016, 09:39:58 AM »
Learn to be prolific in other airplanes.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2016, 01:35:21 PM »
People have suggested perking rides that are under the ENY monster.    So when the ENY monster hits your P-51D now costs five perks or something...

That I think would be good especially for guys like me who never fly perk rides.

Or just shut it off when player numbers are below 100.  It does nothing but screw things up when numbers are low.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2016, 02:06:24 PM »
Ehh, I don't particulary like having a pay to play preference structure.

I think the eny model just shouldn't go into effect until more than 100 players are online while simultaneously closing off bases in the back of the maps to get the players grouped into a smaller area based on the #s of say 100 or less online.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2016, 02:23:19 PM »

I think the eny model just shouldn't go into effect until more than 100 players are online while simultaneously closing off bases in the back of the maps to get the players grouped into a smaller area based on the #s of say 100 or less online.
I like this idea of closing bases or atleast no planes n gvs can up, unless the front moves up to it
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2016, 05:44:15 PM »

Why? Are you saying that just because there are fewer than 100 player, and one side grossly outnumbers one or both of the other sides, that one side should still fly their runstangs and other runaway planes? That idea just further insures the LACK of fights. It is frankly a ridiculous idea that could only be thought up by someone who doesn't want to fight, just wants to get "kills". There isn't a font big enough to represent the -1 I give that idea....
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"