Author Topic: Patch 89  (Read 3720 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Patch 89
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2016, 09:53:21 PM »
So I've been telling my 83 year old mother about the game and the alpha. Having been an analyst for the NSA, she listened to my explanation of the various outcomes of hardware and the new graphics engine. Seems as of today, Amazon is shipping me a GTX 760 2G. That is the last reasonable upgrade for video my system board will support. She used to write manuals for various PC programs used by the NSA.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2016, 10:39:42 PM »
You do know that Pascal will be with us this year at some point. Probably in November. 2GB will look cute once that happens.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2016, 01:10:25 PM »
That's fine, she was a Russian Military analyst as her primary mission. I have no control over what she wants to send me. I hope all of us are as sharp as she still is when we are 83. She hated computers because she was afraid of how dependent the new young officers she had to train in analysis were to them, and to needing manuals to run anything.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2016, 02:16:10 PM »
It would be fascinating to talk with her. My father was in something similar in the years following WWII in France. We knew our intelligence units had been infiltrated by European communists and that many of our personnel were sympathetic to the communist ideology.

Even Feynman said that the problem with computers is that you "play" with them.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.