Author Topic: TrackIR slight glitch?  (Read 643 times)

Offline dbh

• Zinc Member
TrackIR slight glitch?
« on: January 04, 2016, 08:27:14 AM »
I have the latest TrackIR with latest software(v5.2 with track clip pro).  It works flawlessly on AHII.  It *almost* works flawlessly on the Alpha.  Problem on Alpha is X axis head translation only when looking rearward.  The translation view is "backward" from what it should be.  In other words, when looking over, for example, my right shoulder towards the rear in order to see what's behind me and I then move my head to the left to get a better rearward view:  Instead of my head moving towards the outside of the plane, instead it moves towards the "inside" of the plane which is of course useless and wrong.  I will assume this is a bug with Alpha.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: TrackIR slight glitch?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 08:29:06 AM »
I have the latest TrackIR with latest software(v5.2 with track clip pro).  It works flawlessly on AHII.  It *almost* works flawlessly on the Alpha.  Problem on Alpha is X axis head translation only when looking rearward.  The translation view is "backward" from what it should be.  In other words, when looking over, for example, my right shoulder towards the rear in order to see what's behind me and I then move my head to the left to get a better rearward view:  Instead of my head moving towards the outside of the plane, instead it moves towards the "inside" of the plane which is of course useless and wrong.  I will assume this is a bug with Alpha.

There is an option to reverse that in the Track IR setup.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 10:10:51 AM »
Both AH and the alpha have the same setting choice with Preferences/View Options/Trackir Object Relative Move. Check and see if you have them set the same way.

TrackIR has Trueview, you may want to pick one or the other and not use both.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 11:56:27 AM »
Also just in case- If you're getting behavior you don't want in this regard, don't switch both the AH setting and the trackIR setting at the same time, or the two changes will cancel each other out.  If it's not how you want it, switch one of them then try again.  That should sort you.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 01:04:27 PM »
My Tackir works fine in AH Alpha.  Hitech advice should square you away.

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 06:12:37 PM »
Mine works good too.
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline dbh

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 06:07:14 AM »
Both AH and the alpha have the same setting choice with Preferences/View Options/Trackir Object Relative Move. Check and see if you have them set the same way.

That was it!  Thanks!  My bad for not inspecting all TrackIR related settings first.

Works flawlessly.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 07:01:34 AM »
That was it!  Thanks!  My bad for not inspecting all TrackIR related settings first.

Works flawlessly.

No problem.  AH has a lot of features to help people customize the game to suit their needs.  Sometimes it can get confusing.