Author Topic: New Year, New Attitude  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
New Year, New Attitude
« on: January 05, 2016, 08:57:42 AM »
  As we start this new year, I would like to propose we all resolve to come in with a new attitude.  As I look through the messages on this board, I see a lot of criticism and negativity.  Let's turn that around.  I check in to Aces High, and I get to fly my favorite WWII fighter with a bunch of other airplane enthusiasts, play a bunch of games, and have a lot of fun.  Is it perfect?  No.  Can it be better?  Yes.  Are improvements coming?  Yes.  Am I excited?   :x

When we play this game, or post on this board, we have either a negative or positive affect on the community.  Let's all resolve to have a positive affect.  Let's support Hitech and team instead of tearing them down.

(CYNICISM ALERT)  And let's watch this thread and see how long it takes to turn negative.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Re: New Year, New Attitude
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 09:08:05 AM »
A "truce" until nightly numbers hit 500 wouldn't be a bad idea... if new guys want to learn how to gv or take a base or how to dogfight it'd be nice to see people refer them to each other without prejudice.

I am concerned about the future of this game and now is probably not the time to drive anyone away over something so stupid as how they play cartoon airplane.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 09:09:55 AM »
I'm with you.  I'm here to have fun.  Tv is not for me for entertainment, this is what I do.  I only bite back when someone snaps and growls at me :) 
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 09:35:40 AM »
  As we start this new year, I would like to propose we all resolve to come in with a new attitude.  As I look through the messages on this board, I see a lot of criticism and negativity.  Let's turn that around.  I check in to Aces High, and I get to fly my favorite WWII fighter with a bunch of other airplane enthusiasts, play a bunch of games, and have a lot of fun.  Is it perfect?  No.  Can it be better?  Yes.  Are improvements coming?  Yes.  Am I excited?   :x

When we play this game, or post on this board, we have either a negative or positive affect on the community.  Let's all resolve to have a positive affect.  Let's support Hitech and team instead of tearing them down.

(CYNICISM ALERT)  And let's watch this thread and see how long it takes to turn negative.

I agree!! This board is in dire straights for some positivity.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 10:26:02 AM »
Aces High has been my greatest experience!! no I don't live in my mom's cellar.

where else can you jump into a fake plane, hit the E button. have it start up like the real thing. and make you feel like you're really there, and understand what
WWII pilots or tank commanders, or ships captains went through.

we don't play a game, we experience something in the privacy of our own homes, without fear of death.

I don't think the participants of WWII had that luxury!

Love this game. If anyone wants help or wants to get more into the game, let me know!

P.S. I like all chess pieces!!!!

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 10:35:57 AM »
I'm in Mongoose.  :aok

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 10:49:27 AM »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 11:23:40 AM »
I am awesome!
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 11:36:09 AM »
I am saving my resolution till 2017.  I am gonna be the same dick this year as I was last year.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 12:18:14 PM »
I have already implemented a Hug system in the MA (<H>), as opposed to the micro-aggression that can be the salute. I understand that some of the players are socially challenged at best, so they need a safe space. We as a community should give them that. Maybe we could start a whole safe space forum here?
Your HQ tears are my fuel

-Starting a profile with your E-mail address while trying to make fun of someone is not a good idea. You will end up with a "V" in front of your name, and we all know only idiots have "V's" in front of their names. (you can't ever change your profile name)

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 12:18:52 PM »
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2016, 04:59:05 PM »
9 posts
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2016, 05:03:27 PM »
I have already implemented a Hug system in the MA (<H>), as opposed to the micro-aggression that can be the salute. I understand that some of the players are socially challenged at best, so they need a safe space. We as a community should give them that. Maybe we could start a whole safe space forum here?

what a great idea hack.  So many times the salute can be seen as a negative or rubbing salt into a wound.   I also suggest  <T>  for tissue.    However I fear this could also be misinterpreted.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2016, 05:13:35 PM »
 :salute

I resolved to play more, look into AvA.
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2016, 05:30:17 PM »
what a great idea hack.  So many times the salute can be seen as a negative or rubbing salt into a wound.   I also suggest  <T>  for tissue.    However I fear this could also be misinterpreted.

Or <AG> you know for Astroglide, nobody likes it that dry.... :bolt:
Your HQ tears are my fuel

-Starting a profile with your E-mail address while trying to make fun of someone is not a good idea. You will end up with a "V" in front of your name, and we all know only idiots have "V's" in front of their names. (you can't ever change your profile name)