Author Topic: Squads, I need your help. . . .  (Read 2011 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Squads, I need your help. . . .
« on: January 05, 2016, 12:23:09 PM »
Squads are the organizing force in Aces High.

I am working to get the next scenario "Southern Conquest" filled up.  Also, the axis side needs a Commanding Officer.

Can you please help me by playing in it and helping to recruit?

Scenarios are a blast.  If you haven't played in one yet, please give it a try.  If you have played in FSO's, they are like that.

Southern Conquest is a fight through Malta, North Africa, Sicily, and up the boot of Italy.  It has plenty of various action for fighter pilots, and for bomber pilots it has strategic bombing, tactical bombing, and antishipping (including fleets of merchant ships that aren't available in the Main Arena).

The allied side is filling up decently.  The axis side needs another 25 players, including the group that flies FW 190A-5's in the final frame against B-24's.

If your squad can play in it, please sign up.  If your squad can't, can you help me find squads that are willing to fly in it?

A lot of work goes into these scenarios, and the power of squads can help get them filled for the action to come.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide. <S>!

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Squads, I need your help. . . .
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 12:35:27 PM »

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 05:57:45 PM »
Are there any squads out there willing to give it a try?

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 07:15:15 PM »
Normally I'd be all over it. But I can't give you guys the effort it requires this time around. I'll pass the word on to my crew though. i may be able to sneak in as a walk-on for a frame but that's it.

For those that are reading this and are on the fence. Scenerios are where it's at. There is nothing more fun and emersive. I never really got into them till about a year or so ago. Wish I had been involved long ago. It's probably as close as you can come to being a fighter pilot in the war. 
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 07:36:41 PM »
Thank you very much, LilMak!

That is very gracious of you, and I do hope that you can fly in it as a walkon.  The scenario is richer with you in it.  :aok

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 09:45:32 PM »
Yep, the immersion and rich detail of the historical/scenario matchups drives me far more than the MA ever will.

Pretty sure work is going to give me the axe for two weekends or I'd volunteer to build the HE-111 bomber group, but it remains to be seen.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 10:04:51 AM »
 Unfortunately, my schedule simply doesn't work with the schedule you for scenarios otherwise I would be there. I do thank you for the tiny put in and hopefully we can join you sometime in the future.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 11:13:51 AM »
Yep, the immersion and rich detail of the historical/scenario matchups drives me far more than the MA ever will.

Pretty sure work is going to give me the axe for two weekends or I'd volunteer to build the HE-111 bomber group, but it remains to be seen.
Special Events don't do it for me other then KOTH...people fly more timid in the SEA.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 12:38:57 PM »
Special Events don't do it for me other then KOTH...people fly more timid in the SEA.
Yep, that tends to happen when it's not a free for all and you have to both destroy the opposition and live to tell about it :)
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 01:05:58 PM »
Muck fe are you guys trolling this thread too? I hope Santa lights your Christmas tree on fire next year.
Your HQ tears are my fuel

-Starting a profile with your E-mail address while trying to make fun of someone is not a good idea. You will end up with a "V" in front of your name, and we all know only idiots have "V's" in front of their names. (you can't ever change your profile name)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 04:09:23 PM »
Yep, that tends to happen when it's not a free for all and you have to both destroy the opposition and live to tell about it :)
I'm just pointing out a reason why it's a current struggle to get some people interested in the SEA....why go into an events for 2 hours for MAYBE a fight.

Better alt limits and time standards could make it better instead of sides using advantages (Such as zeaks vs F4fs...zeaks can hang out above the entire time and not engage if they want....and they did)
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 04:56:41 PM »
The best, most-memorable battles I have ever had have all been in Scenarios.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 05:54:44 PM »
I'm just pointing out a reason why it's a current struggle to get some people interested in the SEA....why go into an events for 2 hours for MAYBE a fight.

Better alt limits and time standards could make it better instead of sides using advantages (Such as zeaks vs F4fs...zeaks can hang out above the entire time and not engage if they want....and they did)

This is why old guys like me get tired.  So many of the newer players simply do not understand what scenarios were.  I am not saying it's what they are or should be, but what they were.
In the not too distant past, the Scenario was MOSTLY the practice times, the team building, the planning, the build up, the testing of the mission plans during the 3 hours of the frame, then spending the next week gearing up for the upcoming frame.  The Scenario was NEVER about cramming as many fights in as you could, that was the Main Arena.  The Scenario was flying for an hour or so horsing around with your friends, scouting, trying to pit strategy against strategy, flying, scouting, searching, stumbling upon a group and engaging, reacting to the reality of the situation without having it scripted.

Then again, those who created the scenarios entered the Online world while it was new, and came off of Dungeons and Dragons, Risk, Board Games that were dependent on imagination and patience, not instant action.  There was more imagination and time spent drawing plans, planning missions, running time trials on approaches and testing every element of the plane and mission parameters simply because it was new and we didn't always know what would happen.  It created a bond within the teams who spent months practicing torpedo drops, aligning bombers on targets, figuring out best approaches, and when the event was over, it was missed.  You flew with those you never knew before and had a great time.

The times have changed, it's not that way any more.  Not that the new play style isn't good, it's just not what it was, which is also why I have retired this week from the CM team and am taking some time off.  It's time for new players to create the events they want to play, not create the events I miss and wish people would play.  Different era, different needs, and I am looking forward to what it evolves into but my time is past.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2016, 06:06:52 PM »
For me, Scenarios are this:  getting as close as possible to action you read about in WWII air-combat books.

Scenarios are a whole new dimension of on-line flying experience.

It's like describing to someone the difference between single-player and multiplayer gaming.  Some people prefer stand alone, single player.  I think that they don't know what they are missing, but to each his own.

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2016, 07:45:01 PM »
WOW,

That is a shocker ROC. Congratulations on retirement.... I guess. You will be missed Sir   :salute

Instant fights and unlimited ammo and lives?  Go back to your console.....

A scenario is about recreating that event as close to real life and still playable as we can. Obviously we cannot make it as it was.

My best times in this game have been in scenarios, I hardly fly the MA anymore I like the long flight to set up and engage and then LAND ALIVE!  Objective in a scenario is to survive and having your wingmen with you makes it very fun.

I have taken the CO position for AXIS and have a lot of slots left. If you want to experience what we have been talking about Join us.
Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54