Author Topic: Patch 91  (Read 3646 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Patch 91
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2016, 02:00:02 AM »
Fixed the previous issue of GV's not getting out of first gear on any map offline or online by running the terrain editor "build" 3 times more on my offline gunnery terrain. GVs after the third run of build all accelerated properly online and offline on all maps.

Having to run the build several times to fix GVs not getting out of first gear has been an ongoing off and on issue.

I suspect this would warrant a test the next time it happens. Remove the custom terrain and it's folders to a backup folder. Uninstall the alpha then do a full version install of the then current alpha release. Not sure how one custom terrain having a problem can effect how the client itself then carries that problem over to online terrains someone else built.... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2016, 04:21:02 AM »

The suggestion may fix the offline CTD problem.

Nice pics.   :aok

I retry it, I can run offline!
ty very much FLS<S>

---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
---------------------------
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2016, 04:27:50 AM »

Having to run the build several times to fix GVs not getting out of first gear has been an ongoing off and on issue.

I have never encountered this problem myself. However next time it occurs send me the res file for the terrain and I'll see if it happens on my PC as well.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2016, 08:38:16 AM »
I've been flying around offline in CraterMA checking out the weather system I have built for it. When I am near to any clouds I notice they move in little steps every few seconds rather than in a smooth fashion. It looks awful really and destroys any illusion of reality. I can probably limit the effect by reducing the speed of the cloud banks in the editor and making the system cycle every few hours rather than every hour. I am hoping though before I do this that this jerkiness is some sort of bug rather than a limitation of the cloud design in the game.

Also a reminder that the "Lock" button in the cloud editor is broken. When selected it does not maintain the distance between A and V like it should. Instead the distance only gets shorter as you rotate V until V is touching A.

The clouds do not move in "Steps" so I wonder what you are seeing is the clouds further away updating their imposter?

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2016, 11:49:15 AM »
I have never encountered this problem myself. However next time it occurs send me the res file for the terrain and I'll see if it happens on my PC as well.

Will do.

Thank you, I would hate to ever give this terrain to anyone if it's going to screw their GVing on other terrains online. It is finished and really works well to improve all of your gunnery with manned guns, GV's, PT's, torpedo bombers etc. 

This has happened with my old AMD 6770 and now my new GTX 760. I probably have a Ghost in my Machine of games past who is unhappy with how incredible AH3 looks..... :O

1. - Looking up inside the CV bridge still has your head poking through the ceiling.
2. - 17lb is still without a gunsight.
3. - When exited from a terrain at the splash screen, then trying to change texture modes, causes the game to exe error. Online\Offline.
4. - With a GTX 760 in my PC, the steel frame bridges at the town still show wire frame until you zoom on them close up and far distance. 1024, 2048 and 4096.
5. - With every new patch, when I run build on my custom terrain, about 3% of the static tanks sitting on the tank town object need their elevation adjusted from the object GUI to either bring their treds down to the ground or, up out of the ground. This is about a factor of +-2.300000 in the "Y" entry for these objects. So far this has not happened on either of the two leveled tank ranges or on the town object.

Hitech requested a copy of the custom terrain.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 11:51:14 AM by bustr »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2016, 12:49:53 PM »
The clouds do not move in "Steps" so I wonder what you are seeing is the clouds further away updating their imposter?

HiTech

Looking at the clouds more closely I can see the overall bank of clouds is moving smoothly. It looks fine from a distance but as you get nearer individual clouds within it start, for want of a better term, mini-warping.

I have attached a film to show you what I mean. I have also attached my current craterma.awa file in case you want to test it. I had to rename it craterma.txt for the BBS to allow it to be uploaded.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2016, 12:57:41 PM »
Will do.

Thank you, I would hate to ever give this terrain to anyone if it's going to screw their GVing on other terrains online. It is finished and really works well to improve all of your gunnery with manned guns, GV's, PT's, torpedo bombers etc. 

I expect HT will get to the bottom of it, if not my offer still stands. I don't use GVs online so that is no big deal to me anyway.

The torpedo range will be handy though.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2016, 02:11:30 PM »
Skuzzy,

You reported delay in ticking sound.  715 and I noticed long delay in shell hit sound from tank.  Today, I noticed about a 2 second delay in the explosion sound, from time of impact 800 - 1500 ft away.

Is it possible that there is a small calculation error for timing that increases exponentially with distance?   BTW, these sounds are awesome,  :x not sure why no one else has posted.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 02:14:07 PM by Chilli »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2016, 02:40:00 PM »
Skuzzy,

You reported delay in ticking sound.  715 and I noticed long delay in shell hit sound from tank.  Today, I noticed about a 2 second delay in the explosion sound, from time of impact 800 - 1500 ft away.

Is it possible that there is a small calculation error for timing that increases exponentially with distance?   BTW, these sounds are awesome,  :x not sure why no one else has posted.

How long would it take sound to reach you after you saw a flash?

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2016, 02:46:58 PM »
Unless GV spawns are restricted to level ground, the ongoing boogy bouncing of GV's on my gunnery terrain seems due to the slope the tank initially spawns onto. It is only this single spawn regardless of the terrain tile I painted the slope with. I was having an issue with the HUD displays like Ctrl_I, gun position rounds, Speed\Alt and such, flashing while I had the text buffer open for input. Cleared it up by deleting the video8 file. My update method to 91 was with the incremental file.

This is the spawn point and the tank sitting still after spawning in has no bouncing boogy taking place. Once I begin forward motion or any turn, the bouncing boogy begins. The spawn radius is set to "0".

(Image removed from quote.)

This is the edge of the down slope from the spawn and the tank is sitting engine off, bouncing. If I drive over the edge down the slope, all the bouncing disappears no matter where I stop and or kill the engine after heading down the steeper slope.

(Image removed from quote.)

Buster I have no idea what "Bounce you are refering to, can you send me some .psaves of the places you are refering to? psave also works in vehicles.

HiTech

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2016, 03:02:55 PM »
How long would it take sound to reach you after you saw a flash?

HiTech

But what about the clock.  Would be standing right next to it.   :headscratch:

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2016, 03:26:50 PM »
Clock may be a simple time adjustment.  :D

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2016, 03:31:20 PM »
Clock may be a simple time adjustment.  :D

:rofl

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2016, 03:44:38 PM »
Buster I have no idea what "Bounce you are refering to, can you send me some .psaves of the places you are refering to? psave also works in vehicles.

HiTech

Here is the psave:
8155,2903,2309,-5.0,1.7,-33.5
gunnery
FOV = 72.5

Just tested it myself and it worked for me, I had been staying off of that spawn because once the bounce started all of my GV wouldn't get out of first gear and I would have to run build several times to clear it up. The terrain tile painted under that spawn was a change I made last night to the whole terrain for the transition from sparse tree grassland to stone faced rock outcrops.

This is the first time since it looked like you introduced reactive terrain bounce for GV about 2 patches ago, that this specific spawn to the NE of A1 no longer causes the tank to start bouncing when you move it. I did run build 3 times in a row to clear up not getting out of first gear yesterday. Sometimes when I run build to incorporate a touch up to the terrain the not getting out of first gear and the bounce are both there. I will run a build and see if they start happening again.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2016, 04:43:41 PM »
I repainted the NW A1 spawn area back to the tile the issue first showed up on.

Ran build and it will not duplicate itself. Repainted back and ran build again and the GV stuck in first gear and bouncing at that spawn will not duplicate. Next patch I will run build and see if it comes back. With each patch that is usually when it manifested itself. Patch 91 is the longest it stayed persistent through iterations of build runs to clear it up since it started back in the 80's patches when I first built my custom terrain.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing