Author Topic: Exciting!!!  (Read 4001 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Exciting!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2016, 12:10:18 PM »
With all of the AI testing and sheep stealing and flag grabbing we have done for the last 12 months. I'm betting AH3 will have something for everyone.

The HQ no longer has a radar control building that I can see. There is a giant flack building, personnel homes, a big administration building and lots of 88s. There is a new Flack base with 63 88mm on it to protect the HQ. The last map we saw those on had two next to each HQ. We have a new battle ship and completely new field objects replacing every field type in AH2.

Anything else like changes to game play, war win, resupply functions, and back end environment control functions. Hitech looks to be keeping that for the big day. Running troops into the new map room bunker doesn't seem to trigger anything.

I hope everyone in this post has tried out at least one of the patches since December. Patch 91 is the best so far.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2016, 12:33:24 PM »
You've been using that same line for a while. It's playstation 4 now.

Need a new computer to run beta and don't spend any time PCing anymore, all mobile.

what are you playing on mobile?  Cant be that great...  :cheers:

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2016, 12:51:50 PM »
We looking at 2 weeks for the Beta?   :devil

Looking forward to the Beta.

Short of setting up a link to the AH website, what else can we use in FB to help promote?  I came across a FB page of my old Battalion and want spread the word.  I think I could recruit a few there...

:rock
SlipKnoT
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2016, 03:19:25 PM »
We looking at 2 weeks for the Beta?   :devil

Looking forward to the Beta.

Short of setting up a link to the AH website, what else can we use in FB to help promote?  I came across a FB page of my old Battalion and want spread the word.  I think I could recruit a few there...

:rock
SlipKnoT
Honestly the best thing IMO is to try to get ADs on War Thunder/IL2/World of tank videos on Youtube.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2016, 08:42:03 PM »
Many do not use facebook.

Can't that be said with every advertising medium in the history of advertising mediums?

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2016, 07:03:37 AM »
Honestly the best thing IMO is to try to get ADs on War Thunder/IL2/World of tank videos on Youtube.

I've said precisely the same thing since the news of a new AH version - there is obviously a huge potential customer base out there, WW2 games are far, far from "dead", what with the hundreds of unique hosts having downloaded and played the games Junky mentioned in addition to some others.  Getting new customers from existing customers in the WW2 genre that haven't even heard of AH (common when talking about AH to WT/WoT/Il2/RoF/Etc/etc players) has got to be simpler/cheaper than generating leads from out of the blue. 

I don't know how exactly HTC does this, get their game to these players, Junky's idea of getting Ads in front of players of such game, if it can be done, would work IMO.  I do think that even getting a small fraction of the tens of thousands of players of these games - to whom AH is an unknown - to try the new beta,  would be a resounding success in terms of numbers here.  That's how I came to know AH back in 1999 when it first began, I was a relatively new players to MMO/WW2 at Warbirds, and was told by word of mouth by blind luck about AH, and new a superior product when I saw it. 

I hope whatever HTC has planned works, as there is obviously a huge interest in WW2 games out there right now, and riding that wave is fortunate timing for the upcoming beta release IMO.  1000 players online at a time in this game would be fantastic, while it does probably create some new problems of its own, huge numbers has got to be preferred to small and would make a lot of current players happy too. 

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2016, 02:33:59 PM »
i would imagine HTC will have sidebar ads all over facebook and youtube. also theyll have those ads marketed directly to you when you are surfing other sites on the web. like sites you would think have nothing to do with this or aviation type things.  im pretty sure that FB and YT uses an ad service or platform that ties into most clickable ads. so if you click an ad for flight lessons, youll start seeing aviation ads at sites like earthcam or what ever other sites you surf.
once that happens AH will start popping like war thunder did. i predict that we will get a ton of war thunder players.
for myself, when those new players get here, i plan on teaching as many as i can about how to play the game smart and aggressive. hopefully get some balls back in this game.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2016, 03:54:39 PM »
i would imagine HTC will have sidebar ads all over facebook and youtube. also theyll have those ads marketed directly to you when you are surfing other sites on the web. like sites you would think have nothing to do with this or aviation type things.  im pretty sure that FB and YT uses an ad service or platform that ties into most clickable ads. so if you click an ad for flight lessons, youll start seeing aviation ads at sites like earthcam or what ever other sites you surf.
once that happens AH will start popping like war thunder did. i predict that we will get a ton of war thunder players.
for myself, when those new players get here, i plan on teaching as many as i can about how to play the game smart and aggressive. hopefully get some balls back in this game.

I hope what you say is true about the ads, but going by the last 10 years, I would doubt it very much.  :(

They have a presence on both Facebook and Twitter and even hired someone to manage the accounts. The last post on twitter was Sept 18th, and on Facebook they have a half dozen over the last week, but the one before that was in November. Social media is something that you have to build a buzz about.... hashtags and trending. Posting once a month isn't going to bring the AH name in front of anyone.

To generate interest, those two pages should be updated a few times a day easily. Post pictures from the Alpha, they just posted a video profiling the new sound effects, add more. Shorts showing a pass on buffs, maybe a clip from the big bomber stream they had, a GV taking a shot, another where a round land close to the GV, carpet bomb from a ground view. There are over 100 planes and vehicles, start taking some screen shots and post them.

If they still have a person managing the pages have them post stories, plans, anecdotes about what is going on in the game. Quick "live" updates..... "so and so from such and such squad just dropped the troops to capture airfield A22!", "so and so just landed X amount of kills in an F6F! WTG!", V47's NE spawn has a lot of action going on as the bish look to set up camp!" Any of these little "head lines" can be added to both pages in minutes and will draw attention to the game. Heck those of us that already subscribe and are stuck at work would be all over it just to see what was going on. Those adding more comments will generate MORE attention. Heck have an on-going post that comes up at the same time everyday laying out a battle plan.... how many buffs flying at what alt  while fighters grab and forge ahead to cap the target and so on. Once the plan is layed out as a "what if" zip the plan and post it for people to drop into the mission planner as a "saved mission" to try out with their squads.

This is the easy stuff. It doesn't cost a ton of money where you need to worry about the return on the investment. They already have the pages up, they already have someone to post, all they need to do is DO IT! More short videos on youtube will be found by those on those "other games" when they look for videos on flying, or tanking. Grab them with the first link, and keep them interested with new, fresh info everyday. Next thing you know they will be signing up just so they are half decent at the game for when AH3 comes out.   

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2016, 04:20:39 PM »
good points fugi, 

would have been really great to broadcast Tournament of champions on Twitch showcasing the talent and expertise of the best dogfighters in game.   It's a shame skyyr got banned because I'm sure he would have.   :devil
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2016, 11:18:01 PM »
good points fugi, 

would have been really great to broadcast Tournament of champions on Twitch showcasing the talent and expertise of the best dogfighters in game.   It's a shame skyyr got banned because I'm sure he would have.   :devil
:rofl :rofl :rofl

But you are right, Twitch is huge and there is very little Aces High 2 activity on there. Youtube content has gone down too....We need Niros back.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2016, 09:52:45 PM »
Junky,

Download patch "Beta0" in the open alpha forum.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2016, 10:18:33 PM »
Edit
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 10:20:06 PM by JunkyII »
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline quig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2016, 02:01:26 PM »
How many folks on the planet.

7,404,976,000+/-

Now how many on facebook.

1,190,000,000+/-

:P

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2016, 02:12:26 PM »
Now remove the percentage on FaceBook who are AI, created by an algorithm to fudge statistics, and make 10 people look like 100,000 at a time to sway public opinion. Or to create the illusion of likes on a business page.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline quig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2016, 05:13:21 PM »
1,190,000,000 - 90% = 119,000,000

;)