Author Topic: Exciting!!!  (Read 4002 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Exciting!!!
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2016, 05:24:56 PM »
Now remove the percentage on FaceBook who are AI, created by an algorithm to fudge statistics, and make 10 people look like 100,000 at a time to sway public opinion. Or to create the illusion of likes on a business page.
I bet if you polled this community...at least 50 percent have Facebook.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2016, 05:49:15 PM »
i want my ten minutes back !  this thread is trending nowhere.  what was it about , again?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2016, 06:55:24 PM »
Many would probably have it so they could post comments on news articles on news sites that only allow FB post. Then use them for nothing else.

Facebook has had a history of security issues from the inside.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2016, 07:15:27 PM »
Many would probably have it so they could post comments on news articles on news sites that only allow FB post. Then use them for nothing else.

Facebook has had a history of security issues from the inside.
I would agree...but they still have it.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2016, 08:31:30 PM »
I would agree...but they still have it.
The point being they would never see an advertisement on Facebook since they do not use it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2016, 10:54:41 AM »
I don't use Facebook.  My kids don't have Facebook.  Neither my in-laws nor my family, any of them, have Facebook.  The people I know that do, HATE advertisements getting in the way of them creeping on other people's Facebook pages.  We use the phone and Skype.

Facebook and YouTube advertising is an annoyance which makes people NOT pay attention to it.  A total pain in the arse.  Admit it.  To say you don't first-chance-click-away that crap or you would actually pay attention to it makes you a liar lol.

This is a niche game.  You need to fire your shots with a rifle, not a shotgun for max effect downrange...define your target audience first.  Gamers are only a small small part of it.  I bet half this community ONLY play this game.  Its all I play, save the stupid iPad games I diddle with on flights. 

Shotgun marketing is a waste of time.  Advertise with a .50 cal or .338 Lapua.  Its more expensive but its max effective range is longer and its hits produce results, lol as long as you have clearly defined your target and its whereabouts.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2016, 11:25:56 AM »
This is a niche game.  You need to fire your shots with a rifle, not a shotgun for max effect downrange...define your target audience first.  Gamers are only a small small part of it.  I bet half this community ONLY play this game.  Its all I play, save the stupid iPad games I diddle with on flights. 

Exactly.  I still think the best potential customers are the pool that have played or are playing WT, WoT, IL2 and so on.  Maybe even the Star Citizen crowd, and I only say that because HOTAS have become VERY, VERY popular over there, I've never seen so many threads and questions about CH products, Thrustmaster, and Saitek.  A ton of those players have invested big time in HOTAS systems, including many who have spent 500$ alone (CDN) on custom pedals from the top 3 custom makers.  These are the exact type of potential customers that might like AH3 if they heard of it - Star Citizen is different, yet still going to be an MMO, so those players may like a WW2 MMO, and the fact that they have the necessary equipment (many of them with Hotas systems) already for AH makes them a prime target IMO.  Nothing like WT players, but next down the list.

It can be done, the fact that WT has had so many tens of thousands of players, along with other WW2 games, show that while AH is a niche game with a monthly sub, that there is potential players out there, which simply just haven't heard of Aces High.  Get even low single digit percentages of those tens if not hundreds of thousands playing other WW2 games, and it'll be back to "1st world problems" here such as having to split arenas due to too many players.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2016, 04:09:26 PM »
Exactly.  I still think the best potential customers are the pool that have played or are playing WT, WoT, IL2 and so on.  Maybe even the Star Citizen crowd, and I only say that because HOTAS have become VERY, VERY popular over there, I've never seen so many threads and questions about CH products, Thrustmaster, and Saitek.  A ton of those players have invested big time in HOTAS systems, including many who have spent 500$ alone (CDN) on custom pedals from the top 3 custom makers.  These are the exact type of potential customers that might like AH3 if they heard of it - Star Citizen is different, yet still going to be an MMO, so those players may like a WW2 MMO, and the fact that they have the necessary equipment (many of them with Hotas systems) already for AH makes them a prime target IMO.  Nothing like WT players, but next down the list.

It can be done, the fact that WT has had so many tens of thousands of players, along with other WW2 games, show that while AH is a niche game with a monthly sub, that there is potential players out there, which simply just haven't heard of Aces High.  Get even low single digit percentages of those tens if not hundreds of thousands playing other WW2 games, and it'll be back to "1st world problems" here such as having to split arenas due to too many players.

Absolutely with one minor change:  Hitechs best opportunity is with those who have already played AH1, and AH2.  They are known quantities.  Get them back first and suddenly you have one full arena waiting on the new subscribers.

Besides, these new BBS Warriors like Wizz have no idea what it's like to be tormented you the likes of the very best that played this game.  It will be fun and motivating to watch lol. 

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2016, 11:32:37 AM »
Changeup, you have a Twitter...but no Facebook that's surprising since like 70% of online adults in the US use Facebook...only like 25% use Twitter...those numbers may have changed probably more like 80% now...

I will say this, Facebook isn't the place to try to advertise a game but Youtube for sure is...Found out about War Thunder, Rise of flight, and World of Tanks from YouTube ads over Call of Duty videos...
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2016, 12:57:36 PM »
Changeup, you have a Twitter...but no Facebook that's surprising since like 70% of online adults in the US use Facebook...only like 25% use Twitter...those numbers may have changed probably more like 80% now...

I will say this, Facebook isn't the place to try to advertise a game but Youtube for sure is...Found out about War Thunder, Rise of flight, and World of Tanks from YouTube ads over Call of Duty videos...

i have Twitter.  I don't use it much

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2016, 12:38:15 AM »
Agreed, I've said it all along in past posts and it's just implicit for me now that many will "come out of the woodwork" once the beta is close to complete.  At least I hope so.

Youtube has a huge, huge gaming footprint.  I think I watch at least a dozen various gaming channels, and that doesn't even count the Tech channels about gaming hardware.  Every game has a pile of experts/fans/etc with channels - DCS I think I have 3 or 4 alone, and those are just the best ones that I picked to subscribe to.  I'm sure Il2, WT, WoT, and others have even more fan channels.  Start getting your claws into those viewers, as most of the vids I watch catch 50k views plus in just a day or two, with around 500k average subscribers, some with millions that regularly get 150k views on average vids, and higher on well received videos.  Junky is correct about YT IMO, in addition to other areas, it's a great place, perhaps THE place to target. 

I'm not sure how the purchasing end of adsense or whatever add company you deal with as an add purchaser works with YT - if you can select where/what channel/video you want your paid add to run - heh, I can think of a few right now that would be perfect target audiences as they are already play flight sims and have HOTAS hardware, or at the very, very least a good stick.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2016, 08:03:59 PM »
HITech needs to brand itself.  The game is AH, the brains are Hitech Creations.  Your logo is actually pretty damn cool.  Put it to work.  You don't have to say anything, you simply need to show your work.  EVERYWHERE...get a publicist and turn loose the dogs of guerrilla marketing.

Youtube
Twitter
Facebook
TV
Apparel (t shirt sales are easy advertising and cheap initial buy in and easy to recover if they look cool and you can private label it "Hitech Skins", "20mmShirts".  I bet Waffle can design one helluva a cool tshirt and embroidered hat)  50 shirts in each size will cost about 7.00 a shirt...full color.  Big Frog Shirts in Flower Mound)
Gamer sites
Magazines
Trade Journals

I know you already do some of this but I thought I'd throw that out there.  This is just a drop...