Author Topic: Windows 10 - The Force is rebooting me  (Read 17141 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: Windows 10 - The Force is rebooting me
« Reply #150 on: July 19, 2016, 04:08:41 AM »
We have lots of Windows computers that stay on all the time and don't reboot themselves.  We don't have "automatically install updates" selected on them.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #151 on: July 19, 2016, 05:17:31 AM »
You fellas can't see the forest for the trees. If you have a large upload, and I'm talking 14-16 hours, while Windows downloads an update then Windows WILL reboot while ignoring that upload. That is, unless you have that switch set that I mentioned. Even then Microsoft may decide at their leisure that your system must be rebooted and force it to happen.

Not a big deal, though. Right? Wrong. This is just one example. You might be doing any number of things when this happens. You don't use your system like that, other users do. Those users need to know what can happen.

AS A MATTER OF FACT!

I have terrible internet and only recently got it upgraded to 3Mb/s. Even still it takes me forever to do a 1GB download/upload. I have tons of games that I play and most have frequent updates that are in the 1GB-4GB area. I also do videos all of which are anywhere from 700MB-2.5GB in size. I am very frequently leaving my computer on all night in order to get updates downloaded and videos uploaded.

HOWEVER! On nights that I do not need to do either of these I turn my computer off and Windows will do whatever update it has been waiting to do. NOT ONCE since I have updated to Win10 have I had Windows take control of my computer and shut it down for an update.

Your assumption is WRONG! and your argument is now INVALID.

:airplane:

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2016, 06:29:15 AM »
Again, one more time.  No changes to the default configurations are done on test systems.  We have to have a known baseline to work from.

This has turned into a useless discussion.  I keep having to repeat the same thing, over and over again.

I made an observation and brought it here because I thought it was interesting.  Then get bombarded with useless defensive drivel.  Just forget it.  I'll figure it out myself.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: July 19, 2016, 06:50:09 AM »
His logic is flawed anyway Skuzzy. I think anyone can see that, but I think you are right by leaving it there. Just wait. Eventually it will come back to bite him.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: July 19, 2016, 07:18:23 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 10:03:47 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: July 19, 2016, 10:56:19 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 11:13:41 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline RagingPineapple

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2016, 11:10:27 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 11:13:24 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2016, 12:06:15 PM »
This thread is now locked as it became clear there was no way to have a logical discussion about this topic.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com