Author Topic: Laces Out  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Laces Out
« on: January 10, 2016, 03:04:28 PM »
Seahawks win.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: Laces Out
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 03:22:20 PM »
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 04:10:57 PM »
Hahaha. I saw the end of that, wow.
I also wondered, every time a guy gets up on something close, he waves his hands in a "throw the flag" motion at the ref. When are they going to allow the refs to make a "catch the ball" or "break the tackle" motion. Sort of a "here's how to do your job" bit of solidarity. Starting to look like soccer out there.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 04:39:29 PM »
As a Vikings fan,

I feel bad for the kicker. If not for him they arent in a position to win the game to begin with.

Then again if not for AP and his consistent tendency to fumble the ball at the worse possible moments they probably aren't in a position to loose it.

As good as he is I've been saying they should have traded Peterson years ago (and no I dont give a single damn about the child beating incident). He's a great player no doubt. but one great player alone doesn't win you a championship its a bad idea to build a team around one single player.
As I keep arguing and pointing out to my son. "How many teams are going to win the Superbowl without Adrian Peterson now?"

A few years ago the Vikes could have gotten some value for him. Now as a reward for his fumblitus. If it were up to me I'd trade him to the worse team in the league...for its waterboy
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 11:00:34 PM »
I wonder what Scott Norwood would think of this thread....GAH The bills my first football crush :( Poor Marv
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 01:21:36 AM »
I wanted the Seahawks to win (as I live in the Seattle area and because there is a Michigan Wolverine on the Seahawks), but I still feel bad for the kicker.

The fumble wasn't completely Peterson's fault.  Chancellor is very good at stripping the ball.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 01:38:46 AM »
I don't feel bad for the kicker...  He's a 1-skill player.  He has one job.  Just one.  If the kick is returned for a TD, it isn't the kicker's fault.  There are a lot of other players on the field who are paid to tackle. The kicker does one thing and he has to do it right every time.

Some kickers take it really seriously.  That guy who used to kick barefoot?  He took it seriously.  The kickers who wear the official sponsored footgear only on their non-kicking foot and their own chosen shoe on their kicking foot?  They take it pretty seriously I suppose.  Did this guy take it seriously?  Who knows.  We do know he didn't do his job when it really mattered, and his whole team gets to watch the rest of the playoffs at home on their TVs.

Not that I give a hoot about either team in this case, but come on.  The guy has one job.

Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 03:53:46 AM »
I don't feel bad for the kicker...  He's a 1-skill player.  He has one job.  Just one.  If the kick is returned for a TD, it isn't the kicker's fault.  There are a lot of other players on the field who are paid to tackle. The kicker does one thing and he has to do it right every time.

Some kickers take it really seriously.  That guy who used to kick barefoot?  He took it seriously.  The kickers who wear the official sponsored footgear only on their non-kicking foot and their own chosen shoe on their kicking foot?  They take it pretty seriously I suppose.  Did this guy take it seriously?  Who knows.  We do know he didn't do his job when it really mattered, and his whole team gets to watch the rest of the playoffs at home on their TVs.

Not that I give a hoot about either team in this case, but come on.  The guy has one job.

The holder failed him twice. The second time he missed and it could have been because of the holder. That is the point.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 04:36:23 AM »
It's a team sport. The team lost. The kicker did not lose the game. The team put them in the position that the only way to win was for him to make the kick. Had the team performed better, it would not have come down to that kick. It is never one person or play that loses a game.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 07:47:49 AM »
I wanted the Seahawks to win (as I live in the Seattle area and because there is a Michigan Wolverine on the Seahawks), but I still feel bad for the kicker.

The fumble wasn't completely Peterson's fault.  Chancellor is very good at stripping the ball.

And Peterson has a known history of being very good at fumbling it in big games
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 07:54:04 AM »
All in all though I cant say I am entirely disappointed in this team though. They by far exceeded any expectations I had for them this year
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 12:45:31 PM »
It's a team sport. The team lost. The kicker did not lose the game. The team put them in the position that the only way to win was for him to make the kick. Had the team performed better, it would not have come down to that kick. It is never one person or play that loses a game.

Except in this case, where it did come down to one guy and the kicker lost the game.  The team put him in an great place to score and he bricked it.

:devil

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 12:50:41 PM »

the lonesome kicker by adam sandler.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AflEY2DI89g

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 01:33:23 PM »
Im a Steelers fan, so all is right with the world  :D :x

That said, I was rooting for the Vikings....tough way to loose a game.
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 02:03:34 PM »
Maybe I can't feel the emotion of losing a game like that, anymore.  I am after all a Chargers fan, and they do that sort of thing every other game.

One job!  Laces out?  How about practicing kicking the stupid laces sometimes, just in case?  Not enough time in the day to practice kicking it laces out AND laces in, maybe?