Author Topic: Laces Out  (Read 2900 times)

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
Re: Laces Out
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2016, 09:02:03 AM »
Nice to see this.   

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/vikings-kicker-to-meet-empathetic-letter-writing-1st-graders/ar-BBoc8xW?li=BBnba9I

Associated Press 3 hrs ago

BLAINE, Minn. (AP) Minnesota Vikings kicker Blair Walsh plans to visit the first-graders who sent him letters and drawings of support after he was lambasted by fans for missing a field goal that could have given his team a win in Sunday's playoff game.
Teacher Judie Offerdahl at Northpoint Elementary in Blaine used Walsh's miss as a teachable moment in empathy. The first-graders grabbed their magic markers and offered sympathy.

''Dear Blair Walsh,'' one wrote. ''I know it can be hard to get through things that are sad, but you have to try and try again. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes.''

Walsh was harangued on social media following the 10-9 loss to Seattle. Some fans invited him to leave the state - and worse.

The Vikings say Walsh will visit the first-graders Thursday morning.

:aok :aok
"From the mouths of babes..."
There is a reason why that quote exists, and kids prove it again and again.

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2016, 09:36:53 AM »
I was hoping the Vikings would win an I am a Packer fan. Minnesota is a short 5 minute drive from me, ahh the rivalry,
This is luck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjvqhamBsgU
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2016, 01:24:16 PM »
Your offense With your super duper QB and  4th ranked scoring offense that hadnt scored less then 30 points in a game twice in the entire second half of the season lit up the scoreboard?
Your "Top" Defense managed to hold the second year QB with a patchwork offensive line on that final drive out of scoring range?
You stopped one player. One player doesnt make a team.

But for a fluke play..pure luck you managed to eek out a victory. By all rights you should be sitting and mourning a loss right now. Count your blessings. this victory is sure to be short lived

Now you know how it feels. Out played? What game were you watching? Don't forget the first stomping earlier.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2016, 04:01:10 PM »
Anyway congratulations to the Seahawks and their fans on a tough victory - a road playoff game in frigid conditions.  It was the best kind of game - each team was in it until the very end.  Thats so much better and more fun to watch than a blowout.

I have a lotta respect for Russell Wilson, the Seahawks D.   Good luck to you guys in Carolina!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2016, 08:18:09 PM »
Really doesn't sound like it team on the rise it sounds like a team that's sitting out the rest of the playoffs.

It is a team on the rise.  They went from 3 wins two years ago to 7 wins last year to 11 wins and a division championship this year.  They have among the youngest roster's in the NFL and few of their "stars" are going anywhere soon.  They've hired the right coach (I love Mike Zimmer) and time will tell if they've settled on the right quarterback.  Regardless, Teddy is a step up from the rotating cadre of washed up vets and failed draft picks they've started since Dante Culpepper flamed out.

No doubt they still have work to do as evidenced by their quick exit from the playoffs.  The team seems to have difficulty on a national stage but that will come with experience.  Remember, against Arizona they started six rookies (some of whom had never played in an NFL game) which I believe is the most by any team in NFL history and lost by only 3 points. 

Despite their playoff loss, to think they aren't a team on the rise would be a miscalculation.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 08:20:34 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2016, 01:45:57 AM »
Now you know how it feels. Out played? What game were you watching? Don't forget the first stomping earlier.

Yes. Outplayed The win was based not on skill. But on two freak plays

And that first stomping was without a lot of their major impact players such as our starting star defensive tackle. Starting star outside linebacker and starting star safety

And considering pretty much all season long the entire right side of the offensive line from the center over are essentially backups. Its amazing Peterson did as well as he did
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty