Author Topic: Laces Out  (Read 2901 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: Laces Out
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 02:45:03 PM »
Well, the guy is the #1 kicker in the NFL for 2015 regular season and (even after his miss) #2 kicker in the NFL for postseason.

There is a non-zero probability of screwing up anything.  Do it enough times, and a screwup will happen, no matter how good one is.

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2016, 05:18:22 PM »
Except in this case, where it did come down to one guy and the kicker lost the game.  The team put him in an great place to score and he bricked it.

:devil
Had they scored a touchdown instead....

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2016, 09:51:47 PM »
Maybe I can't feel the emotion of losing a game like that, anymore.  I am after all a Chargers fan, and they do that sort of thing every other game.

One job!  Laces out?  How about practicing kicking the stupid laces sometimes, just in case?  Not enough time in the day to practice kicking it laces out AND laces in, maybe?

Just so you know, the field goal right before this miss was laces in also. He made that one. The holder supposedly did not turn the ball because he had gloves on.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2016, 10:03:39 PM »
Surely you think I'm going to weigh in on this thread. Well, yes I am...
I will weigh in that Milomoron must be just beside himself because the Seahawks luck prevailed. :)

No team has ever held AP to 18 yards the 1st game and 36 yards the 2nd game, in one season. Not the beasr, the pack or the lions.

It took our Seahawk defense to bring AP down to earth. :)

Best defense, 4 years in a row. No team has done that since the 1956 Browns.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-defense-leads-nfl-in-points-allowed-for-4th-year-in-row/
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 10:06:11 PM by Ripsnort »

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2016, 09:31:04 PM »
Seahawks luck prevailed.

And that is EXACTLY what it was. "Luck"

The Seahawks were out played Some even say dominated by a team most experts didnt give a snowballs chance in hell of being even close and in the end the Seahawks needed a twist of freakish luck to win. You know it. I know it. And the world knows it.

Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2016, 09:37:20 PM »
And that is EXACTLY what it was. "Luck"

The Seahawks were out played Some even say dominated by a team most experts didnt give a snowballs chance in hell of being even close and in the end the Seahawks needed a twist of freakish luck to win. You know it. I know it. And the world knows it.

Luck, yeah, I agree, every NFL game has luck involved but....Outplayed?!!

How do you suppose your offense only managed to put up 180 yards, with arguable the leagues BEST running back, who was held to 2 yards a carry? Hell he had 36 yards total which was 16 more than he had the last time he played our defense!!!
And... AT HOME, without having to travel?!?!

LOL!

Are you Adam? (This caller in the link below)

You need to listen to this guy, he's talking directly to you...(no, you don't need facebook to view and listen)

https://www.facebook.com/TheHerd/videos/vb.1727434234144435/1770984649789393/?type=2&theater

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2016, 12:12:57 AM »
Luck, yeah, I agree, every NFL game has luck involved but....Outplayed?!!

How do you suppose your offense only managed to put up 180 yards, with arguable the leagues BEST running back, who was held to 2 yards a carry? Hell he had 36 yards total which was 16 more than he had the last time he played our defense!!!
And... AT HOME, without having to travel?!?!

LOL!

Are you Adam? (This caller in the link below)

You need to listen to this guy, he's talking directly to you...(no, you don't need facebook to view and listen)

https://www.facebook.com/TheHerd/videos/vb.1727434234144435/1770984649789393/?type=2&theater

Your offense With your super duper QB and  4th ranked scoring offense that hadnt scored less then 30 points in a game twice in the entire second half of the season lit up the scoreboard?
Your "Top" Defense managed to hold the second year QB with a patchwork offensive line on that final drive out of scoring range?
You stopped one player. One player doesnt make a team.

But for a fluke play..pure luck you managed to eek out a victory. By all rights you should be sitting and mourning a loss right now. Count your blessings. this victory is sure to be short lived
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 12:15:50 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2016, 12:52:18 AM »
Sunday provided a stunningly bad end to the Vikings season.  I've watched the Vikings since their very first game and, for this team especially, s!*& happens.

At first I was stunned, sad, maybe even a bit angry despite the fact that the team exceeded all of my expectations for the year.

In retrospect I can't fully blame Blair Walsh.  The Vikings needed to score a touchdown, not a field goal, when they were knocking on the endzone door early in the game.  Four Vikings defenders had a shot at Wilson when the ball was snapped over his head and missed, most egregiously Captain Munnerlyn, allowing Wilson to complete a lucky catch and run in a largely emptied backfield to set up the touchdown.  Adrian Peterson, held in check all day due to insufficient offensive line play, fumbles the ball just as the offense is driving toward the endzone.  And finally Mr. Walsh who would never have been in the position he ended up in had he not scored the other nine points the Vikings had on the scoreboard.

There was plenty of blame to go around and it extended to every phase of the game.  Blair Walsh at least made it a game.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2016, 10:29:55 AM »
Nice to see this.   

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/vikings-kicker-to-meet-empathetic-letter-writing-1st-graders/ar-BBoc8xW?li=BBnba9I

Associated Press 3 hrs ago

BLAINE, Minn. (AP) Minnesota Vikings kicker Blair Walsh plans to visit the first-graders who sent him letters and drawings of support after he was lambasted by fans for missing a field goal that could have given his team a win in Sunday's playoff game.
Teacher Judie Offerdahl at Northpoint Elementary in Blaine used Walsh's miss as a teachable moment in empathy. The first-graders grabbed their magic markers and offered sympathy.

''Dear Blair Walsh,'' one wrote. ''I know it can be hard to get through things that are sad, but you have to try and try again. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes.''

Walsh was harangued on social media following the 10-9 loss to Seattle. Some fans invited him to leave the state - and worse.

The Vikings say Walsh will visit the first-graders Thursday morning.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2016, 11:57:40 AM »
Nice to see this.   

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/vikings-kicker-to-meet-empathetic-letter-writing-1st-graders/ar-BBoc8xW?li=BBnba9I

Associated Press 3 hrs ago

BLAINE, Minn. (AP) Minnesota Vikings kicker Blair Walsh plans to visit the first-graders who sent him letters and drawings of support after he was lambasted by fans for missing a field goal that could have given his team a win in Sunday's playoff game.
Teacher Judie Offerdahl at Northpoint Elementary in Blaine used Walsh's miss as a teachable moment in empathy. The first-graders grabbed their magic markers and offered sympathy.

''Dear Blair Walsh,'' one wrote. ''I know it can be hard to get through things that are sad, but you have to try and try again. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes.''

Walsh was harangued on social media following the 10-9 loss to Seattle. Some fans invited him to leave the state - and worse.

The Vikings say Walsh will visit the first-graders Thursday morning.

Very nice all the way around.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2016, 09:02:36 PM »
Dred, here is both sides, from a Fan's view. LOL!

(Norb, the dude with the green hair, a friend of mine. ;) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unLxa4f8Hug

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2016, 10:47:17 PM »
Dred, here is both sides, from a Fan's view. LOL!

(Norb, the dude with the green hair, a friend of mine. ;) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unLxa4f8Hug

Still you won on luck. Not skill. Sheer and pure luck.

Still Im comforted in my knowledge that I am not the only one who knows about stealing a loss from the jaws of almost certain victory.
Though your stolen loss was one due to the skill of the other team  and not a  lucky freak miss.

Also comforted to know the Vikes are a team on the rise. While the Hawks... Well they've peaked.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:56:13 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2016, 11:16:27 PM »
Still you won on luck. Not skill. Sheer and pure luck.

Still Im comforted in my knowledge that I am not the only one who knows about stealing a loss from the jaws of almost certain victory.
Though your stolen loss was one due to the skill of the other team  and not a  lucky freak miss.

Also comforted to know the Vikes are a team on the rise. While the Hawks... Well they've peaked.

Why do you say they won on luck, the vikings choked away a win plain and simple It was there's to win and chocked and lost it.  The vikings failed to score a touch down in both meetings with seattle their fist game all they could muster was a special teams touchdown and the second game 3 field goals and chocked on the game winning one.  Really doesn't sound like it team on the rise it sounds like a team that's sitting out the rest of the playoffs.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2016, 11:21:20 PM »
Why do you say they won on luck, the vikings choked away a win plain and simple It was there's to win and chocked and lost it.  The vikings failed to score a touch down in both meetings with seattle their fist game all they could muster was a special teams touchdown and the second game 3 field goals and chocked on the game winning one.  Really doesn't sound like it team on the rise it sounds like a team that's sitting out the rest of the playoffs.

This. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2016, 08:49:44 AM »
Had they scored a touchdown instead....

^^^^ THIS!

The kicker is the only one to score points then gets roasted for not scoring more... That's on the team, not the kicker. Plus i'm a Packer fan so it was enjoyable to watch..  :devil
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life