Author Topic: Beta 0  (Read 7129 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Beta 0
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2016, 12:31:16 PM »
Cannot connect Online Beta.  I am using the correct run file, and had no problem yesterday.  It gives me "Host Connection Lost" on 3 attempts at Mission Arena, 7 Abs Mission, GS4 Arena.

Maybe some server maintenance??? Will try again later.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2016, 12:40:49 PM »
Lyric have you tried upping your beta gamma to 1.2 or 1.3?

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2016, 12:41:57 PM »
Cannot connect Online Beta.  I am using the correct run file, and had no problem yesterday.  It gives me "Host Connection Lost" on 3 attempts at Mission Arena, 7 Abs Mission, GS4 Arena.

Maybe some server maintenance??? Will try again later.

Working on the issue at the moment.

HiTech

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2016, 12:42:23 PM »
I got the same messages trying to connect online, I did run offline practice and found a sound issue. The BK37mm's on the Stuka G-2 do not play the audio for single shots, if you hold the trigger down the audio works fine.
Seems to be tied to the F3 external view mode.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 12:47:01 PM by 10thmd »
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2016, 01:21:15 PM »
Lyric have you tried upping your beta gamma to 1.2 or 1.3?

Gone lower than that .9 any higher & any part of suns brightness renders the optics close to useless.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2016, 01:47:53 PM »
I was hoping someone would bring that up again. At times I get blinded shooting at a light colored building in full sun. First by the sun reflection, then by the combined reflection and the explosion. The light engine is dramatic versus AH2.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2016, 02:10:20 PM »
Don't remember seeing this except possibly by bustr. Can you give me a method to duplicate it?

HiTech

Spawn a Jeep from ndisles A16 NW then turn left and drive up the mountain to the south.  Stop on bare boulder terrain tile at:
346273,6776,-338786,0.0,18.4,-161.3
ndisles
FOV = 50.5

Still bouncing.  Turn off engine.  Still bouncing.  Yes it was bustr that reported it.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2016, 02:17:46 PM »
I was hoping someone would bring that up again. At times I get blinded shooting at a light colored building in full sun. First by the sun reflection, then by the combined reflection and the explosion. The light engine is dramatic versus AH2.

The Beta still has the .sliders command enabled so you can turn down the glare on the terrain, the trees, and objects with three separate sliders.  I set the trees and terrain to 1.0 and objects to 1.5 or less.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2016, 02:33:27 PM »
So Thw 262 is 1800 Perkins lol?
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2016, 02:36:01 PM »
Spawn a Jeep from ndisles A16 NW then turn left and drive up the mountain to the south.  Stop on bare boulder terrain tile at:
346273,6776,-338786,0.0,18.4,-161.3
ndisles
FOV = 50.5

Still bouncing.  Turn off engine.  Still bouncing.  Yes it was bustr that reported it.

Spawned a jeep there offline. My jeep would not get out of first gear starting at the spawn. After that no matter the GV I could not get out of first gear. Followed me back to my gunnery terrain. Exited and uninstalled the now disabled Hi Def Audio device from device manager and rebooted. Upon getting back to my desktop Win7 reinstalled drivers for the Hi Def Audio device. I disabled it and started the Beta back up. Went offline on my gunnery terrain and all spawns, my vehicle now clears first gear. NDisles don't like me now.... :O

This seems to effect how the "W" key is seen by the Beta and after the first time I fixed it by getting rid of all the ghost installations of the Hi Def device and disabling the device itself. My CH Fighterstick x,y inputs became crisper instead of a slight mushy delay.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2016, 02:47:12 PM »
Joined a staged mission and my default view is all the way forward?
And move back or zoom out in a zeke.....
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2016, 03:12:34 PM »
Spawned a jeep there offline. My jeep would not get out of first gear starting at the spawn. After that no matter the GV I could not get out of first gear. Followed me back to my gunnery terrain. Exited and uninstalled the now disabled Hi Def Audio device from device manager and rebooted. Upon getting back to my desktop Win7 reinstalled drivers for the Hi Def Audio device. I disabled it and started the Beta back up. Went offline on my gunnery terrain and all spawns, my vehicle now clears first gear. NDisles don't like me now.... :O

This seems to effect how the "W" key is seen by the Beta and after the first time I fixed it by getting rid of all the ghost installations of the Hi Def device and disabling the device itself. My CH Fighterstick x,y inputs became crisper instead of a slight mushy delay.

Try waiting for the engine to completely start, otherwise you can't shift out of 1st. Also, if you don't wait, tap the W key as if you're shifting gears before holding it down. See if that helps.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2016, 03:37:57 PM »
Joined a staged mission and my default view is all the way forward?
And move back or zoom out in a zeke.....

Check your FOV in video settings. Default for the beta is 80 not 106.

You can copy your hps files from AH or reset the front view with Home and F10.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2016, 03:44:02 PM »
Easycor,

It's the full on "W" key is not received by the game as it should be, I tested this in full against my alpha 91 reported symptoms. It is the same bug I reported about in my gunnery terrain that followed me to NDisles when I switched terrains alpha 91. The precursor to it was the bouncing on rock or terrain with rock clutter on it I reported earlier on back in the alpha 80s.

Try spawning to that spawn several times in a row and see if your issue moves on to not being able to get out of first gear. Also is your video card HD and are you connected to your monitor with an HDMI cable? This issue previously was sporadic while I had my AMD HD 6770 connected to my monitor with an HDMI cable. I would exit from the alpha and restart it which would fix it before I started building my terrain. I thought it was a simple alpha glitch and didn't report it because it cleared with each restart of the alpha. I first began building my terrain using my HD6770 card and had the Hi Def Sound device disabled. I had to start running a new build after that to clear not being able to get out of first gear. When I changed to my current 760 HD card it go worse because Win7 kept trying to reinstall the drivers and gave me 1 full install and 5 ghost installs.

Once I cleared all of the installs and disabled the device, I didn't experience the "W" key problem until you reported your NW A16 spawn issue with the jeep. I tried it with a jeep and got a full on "W" key issue at the spawn.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2016, 03:55:05 PM »
Here you go with the bouncing GV issue. Anyone should be able to see it this way, but let me know, bustr.

Bouncing M3 - Repeatable.

I built a test terrain and tested against the Pac and Med terr sets.

One terrain, two terr sets. I didn't check the ETO or wwi terr sets.

Atlas 0 Type 14 Pac terr set - tiletstp
In tiletstp, spawn N and if you're not already bouncing, drive to the Flag pole and stop.

Atlas 1 Type 19 Med terr set - tiletstm
In tiletstm, spawn NE and if you're not already bouncing, end sortie and respawn until you bounce. Usually, once out of 5 to 10 spawn times I won't bounce but it's quicker to respawn then to drive around.

EDIT: oops. Rezipped as bounce.zip with both res files inside.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 04:17:36 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001