« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2016, 04:00:36 PM »
Is beta compatible with Vista?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 04:02:31 PM by BowHTR »
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
Re: Beta 0
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2016, 04:01:10 PM »
Check your FOV in video settings. Default for the beta is 80 not 106.

You can copy your hps files from AH or reset the front view with Home and F10.
thank you. Waffle and copprhed and chili helped in game. I feel like this is something you have to experiment in game with but for the most part it's good to go. Thank you!
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2016, 04:11:48 PM »
Just duplicated the "W" key issue.

Offline my gunnery terrain. Tested "W" key at spawns all GV accelerated out of first. Then I tried the .sliders command to adjust the visual environment. Once I had that set, spawned up onto a hill, hit Shift_W and the GV was stuck in 1st. Pulled my CH throttle and joystick USB, tried Shift_W and W again and vehicles accelerated past 1st. Closed the Beta, plugged the CH back in, restarted back on my terrain and Shift_W and W keys worked.

These were the slider settings I found looked best to me.

ShapeSt - 1.610
Terr - 1.402
Trees - 1.805
Gamma - 1.3

In win7 is there any setting to tell the OS not to auto install drivers for a device? Or should I install the NVIDIA Hi Def sound drivers, THEN disable the device? This is happening when Win7 auto installs the windows drivers for the Hi Def audio device on my NVIDIA card. When I ran the NVIDIA install I did a custom so I could tell it not to install the Hi Def audio device.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2016, 04:24:33 PM »
Buster it sounds like you are getting some rudder input with your JS. If it happens again, add some dead band to the rudder see if it fixes it.

HiTech

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2016, 04:47:14 PM »
I was hoping someone would bring that up again. At times I get blinded shooting at a light colored building in full sun. First by the sun reflection, then by the combined reflection and the explosion. The light engine is dramatic versus AH2.
Squad mate hooked me up.

Turn off post lighting.  :aok

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2016, 04:55:47 PM »
Fixed it by removing the HDMI cable and reconnecting the PC to DVI cable. It no longer happens, W key is now fully functional and I've got some horizontal refresh flicker by feeding into the PC plug on the HDTV\PC Monitor. Something about HDMI was causing the conflict.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2016, 05:19:18 PM »
Sweet Jeebus!  Did you guys optimize the FPS or something with beta?   59-60 FPS during all fights and practically all situations.  :x  Then again, it ran so smoothly, that FPS may have dipped but I was having so much fun, I didn't notice.

Seriously, don't do another thing and my 1 GB video card will earn her stripes!!  I am over the MOON!!!   :banana: :banana:

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2016, 05:27:05 PM »
Did some searching around. Not everyone with HDMI and Hi Def audio devices has a great time.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2016, 06:06:45 PM »
my Triple monitor with a nVidia 970 4Gb gets 60FPS solid in all areas... :aok
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2016, 06:50:47 PM »
The .slider adjustments I reported have lightened up the mask on the gunsight reflector plate. Tested online and could not run into the "W" key issue now that my connection is DVI to VGA. Noticed the CV groups are back to having the cruiser in the group versus the new battleship.

Need to get a DVI - HDMI digital video component only adapter because this DVI to VGA connector is causing horizontal refresh lines to visibly display on my TV. With an HDMI connection at both ends, the audio component, even with the Hi Def audio device disabled, was causing the "W" key conflict. Didn't have this problem with the Miles sound system.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2016, 07:29:11 PM »
Did clean install of Beta0 w\o issue.

All came up online w\o issue.

Outside of shadow shimmer & shadow anti-aliasing issues all else was golden.

When are we gonna set up a LW type arena so's us lone wolves can duke it out?

I know this is coming.....just impatient.

:D

Back at it.....................

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2016, 08:43:28 PM »
Updated with no known issues.

Deleted old desktop icon & start menu shortcut and old executable in Aces High Alpha Game folder.

Entered and exited all arenas ok.

When entering special events beta arena you can't answer yes/no question about joining existing mission until you acknowledge the MOTD, even though the yes/no dialogue box is in front of MOTD.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 08:47:24 PM by Drane »
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2016, 08:58:00 PM »
The .slider adjustments I reported have lightened up the mask on the gunsight reflector plate. Tested online and could not run into the "W" key issue now that my connection is DVI to VGA. Noticed the CV groups are back to having the cruiser in the group versus the new battleship.

Need to get a DVI - HDMI digital video component only adapter because this DVI to VGA connector is causing horizontal refresh lines to visibly display on my TV. With an HDMI connection at both ends, the audio component, even with the Hi Def audio device disabled, was causing the "W" key conflict. Didn't have this problem with the Miles sound system.

Bustr which slider made the mask brighter?

Never mind I found your earlier post. :o
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2016, 09:25:25 PM »
The issue with the 37mm's on the Stuka also affects the 37mm manned gun. When in the F3 view mode single shots do not play sound. Holding down trigger sounds play fine.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2016, 09:49:05 PM »
Updated with no known issues.

Deleted old desktop icon & start menu shortcut and old executable in Aces High Alpha Game folder.

Entered and exited all arenas ok.

When entering special events beta arena you can't answer yes/no question about joining existing mission until you acknowledge the MOTD, even though the yes/no dialogue box is in front of MOTD.

Same for me.  When exiting an arena, the choice box (whatever it's really called) is very small and must be manually enlarged.  I hates this.

Otherwise very nice.

- oldman