Author Topic: frame rate of 15 what up?  (Read 3857 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: frame rate of 15 what up?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2016, 01:24:32 PM »
Krup if your 980 is in a laptop, the band width is 160 Gbyte\sec versus 224 Gbyte\sec if it is a card in a PC system board.

The band width for my 760 card is 192 Gbyte\sec.

Just ran a test offline NDilses.

Spawned an M18 into TT. While sitting I panned the view 360.
Default Graphics - 52-60 FPS
Sliders Full - 31-33 FPS

C.205 take off A1 fly over TT 3000ft.
Default Graphics. Sitting runway and takeoff run - 35
In Flight - 39-44
Big drop always next to rock face tile. - 29
Sliders Full - 35-47
Rock Face - 22

Did the same from a single small airfield, small island, small rock faced mountain.
M18 spawned out into open area.
Default Graphics - 57-60
Sliders Full - 54-60
C.205 flight.
Default on runway - 55-60
Flight 58-60
Sliders full in flight - 55-60
Runway - 45
35-47 over the airfield and next to small mountain with rock face terrain.

NDisles TT island terrain beats the heck out of your FPS.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2016, 03:28:21 PM »
No, I got a new PC. Google "EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked".

Yes, it is the environment slider that causes the frame drops, even before the max setting. Either way I didn't notice too much of a difference in graphic quality wherever the slider was.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2016, 03:58:12 PM »
Went to EVGA and checked the industry GeForce specs. That is how I knew the 980M in laptops has a much lower band width. You were describing the same results I get with a 760 in the center of NDisles which I will bet was where you discovered how much TT punishes video cards on full sliders. It was possible you were describing the laptop version and not the desktop version. I thought the 980 for PC was the uber Godzilla card of the year and would do better with full sliders.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2016, 04:05:11 PM »
Suggestion:  You might want to do away with the environmental option after beta.  Place it in a more "secure" location where it may be turned on, only by those that are sure what it means.  As Krupinski and I both have noticed, there is not much difference in the graphics appeal even with this slider set to none.  So why bake your GPU for nothing and complain about how low FPS are.

As we are testing, I agree there was no way to gather data otherwise.  Also, most posts are not complaints, merely reports that are what is to be expected during beta tests.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2016, 12:52:02 AM »
I have a 980ti SLI 6700k machine I'm interested to see the performance on next week, but now I'm at my other place and have my older system I use mostly for AH still, an x79 system with 980 SLI.  I have one card off as SLI + AH has never really made much difference in performance IMO.  So I'm running probably much the same deal as Krupinski, 980 Evga Super Clock at around 4.4 ghz cpu. 

The default map you start off in offline, in the P51, with everything cranked, at 1440p resolution (native ROG Swift 27" lcd resolution), and reflections at max, I see 55, sometimes even into the high 40s (rare but it happens) on the deck around the base.  With reflections set to 1, where I play in the Ah game now, it improves a fair bit, but I still see 50s at times on the deck, but that goes away once up higher in the air.  If I select another base, one in the lower right of the map close to the water, one of grass runway fields, it seems to really increase the FPS numbers offline.  I've seen well into the 100s over there, and higher.

I prefer 1080p - targets are larger, easier to see and hit in the air I find.  When running at 1080p I see up to 144 fps in the air with everything maxed, even reflections.  Down low near the default base, that can drop into the 50s right on the deck, but mostly down there it's in the 70s+.  On the grass strip airfield, I see 100+ sitting on the runway.

One thing I wonder about is the anti aliasing and AA filtering settings.  In the current AH, from the game launch screen, the video settings there you can select AA there, but the beta there isn't any tabs/buttons there for that.  Should you turn on "overide program settings" in the nVidia control panel and turn on the AA/Ascopic filtering there?  Anyone messed with that yet? 

Anyhow, it looks good, down low seeing the trees change with that setting maxed out looks really good. 

Also, regarding laptop 980 GTX chips, some of the newer ones have desktop rated 980 cards/stats in them.  MSI and Asus's most recent to end 980 equipped laptops have such.  Much like this one from 5 months ago or so - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJeXUKFvcHs 

You just have to be careful/aware of what card you're getting if you're buying a laptop for gaming/AH3/etc.  Many/most still have the older/slower notebook type 980 video card with the numbers Bustr posted.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 12:59:04 AM by Gman »

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2016, 09:04:01 AM »
One thing I wonder about is the anti aliasing and AA filtering settings.  In the current AH, from the game launch screen, the video settings there you can select AA there, but the beta there isn't any tabs/buttons there for that.  Should you turn on "overide program settings" in the nVidia control panel and turn on the AA/Ascopic filtering there?  Anyone messed with that yet? 

AA is applied differently in the Beta than in AHII, the slider that is currently present in AHII has been removed in the Beta as that particular type of AA is not being used in the Beta.

In the Beta AA is now applied at the back end of graphics frame rendering (post GPU processing process called FXAA) & it is not adjustable.......at least not at this time. In Graphics Detail the checkbox labeled "Disable Post Lighting Effects" must be left unchecked (enables post lighting effects) then in the dialog box that pops up to the left you will see a checkbox that is labeled "Enable Anti Alias"-this checkbox must be checked to enable the FXAA in the Beta.

If you don't want to use this w\ the Beta then you can disable it at the checkbox in the left dialog box if you want the rest of post lighting effects enabled or at the "Disable Post Lighting Effects" checkbox if you want ALL of this disabled, then go into your vid card driver's control panel, set the driver to override the application AA settings then set AA as you desire at the vid card driver level.

Hope this helps.

:salute
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 09:07:58 AM by Pudgie »
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline jb1st

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2016, 10:31:12 AM »
Best frame rate I could get is 4. It took me 2 minutes to get my mouse to hover over the quit button to exit the game. It looks like you'll be losing me as a customer if it isn't any better.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2016, 11:17:59 AM »
Thanks Pudgie, I'll mess with that today.

What kind of performance are you seeing with your system, your CPU is similar to one of mine, and the 980 and R9 are reasonably close enough in performance that I'm quite interested to know how it is doing FPS wise for you.

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2016, 11:20:05 AM »
I'm running a 1 gig Nvidia GTX560 and can hold 33- to 45 frame rate until I start looking out the window or flyinh through terrain close to trees. i have all my environmental sliders to none and detail slider in middle between faster and detail. Not the best framerate but it will do for now.
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2016, 12:05:37 PM »
@ jb1st: A DxDiag output would help telling the reason why. As for now it looks obvious that the new game will rely more on the video card and less on the processor than the current one.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2016, 12:08:12 PM »
Thanks Pudgie, I'll mess with that today.

What kind of performance are you seeing with your system, your CPU is similar to one of mine, and the 980 and R9 are reasonably close enough in performance that I'm quite interested to know how it is doing FPS wise for you.

Hi Gman,

my I7 4820K runs this Beta very well holding a steady 30%-32% CPU usage w\ temps at a steady 46*C-48*C on air (using an ArticFreezer I30 HSF that I got when I originally built this box back on 5-'12 w/ the I7 3820 CPU) at stock settings using the Turbo Boosted clocks of 3.9 Ghz so I would expect that your I7 3820 will do just as well.

My Fury X also runs the Beta quite well w/ vid drivers set up in default (to use all Beta in-game graphics settings) & all Beta in-game settings maxed out w\ EM being the only setting not at max (set at 2....if I take it to max she'll fall down to the low 35-40 FPS range) holding FPS in the 70-90 range once above approx. 500' alt (requires less ground object detail rendering) but will sit in the mid 60's-low 70's FPS when on the deck\runway. When I use FreeSynch & AMD's FRTC set at 80 FPS she gets very steady & smooth at 78-79 FPS regardless of what's going on or how much I whip the controls around.......

This is me running this Fury X in "alpha tester mode" thus why the set up as mentioned........

The rest will have to be seen when HTC will reach the final product & the game goes into a full arena scenario as AHII is currently but judging from running in the large bomber missions w/ large numbers of attacking fighters it would appear that I should be pretty much OK for a while.

What I'm getting ready to do now is to start running a series of tests w/ my Fury X using the AMD Crimson 16.1 drivers to set the AA, AF & TF levels to compare to the Beta's in-game settings to satisfy my curiosity.

Could you tell me which field you were at in the Beta where you were seeing the FPS on your box running around 100+ FPS?

I'd like to see what this Fury X will hit under the same graphical rendering loads.

FYI................

Hope this helps you out.

PS--Forgot to mention that when my Fury X is running at the speeds mentioned the GPU usage is running consistently at 90%-99% w/ GPU clocks running at 1023 Mhz-1050 Mhz, GPU temps holding at 57*C-60*C range w/ rad fan running at 60% speeds w\ GPU running on stock GPU clocks, mem clocks & power settings.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 12:15:26 PM by Pudgie »
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2016, 02:38:14 PM »
If you want to run with all the graphic options enabled.  The NVidia 970 would be the slowest card to consider.  Wait until some of the other players chime in with their experience before committing to that.

So it sounds like you need at least 600 to 1000 video card to be happy with the graphics

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2016, 03:21:17 PM »
So it sounds like you need at least 600 to 1000 video card to be happy with the graphics
How happy do you want to be? The GTX 970 is around  $350. Decent playable graphics can be obtained for much less. Skuzzy talked about everything enabled.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2016, 04:21:58 PM »
How happy do you want to be? The GTX 970 is around  $350. Decent playable graphics can be obtained for much less. Skuzzy talked about everything enabled.

At home I am running this.

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GTX650Ti-SuperClocked-Dual-Link-Graphics/dp/B00BZB0I3W

And it plays fine with default settings.

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2016, 04:41:38 PM »

Unfortunately very happy, If I am going to play a game I want all the bells and whistles right on the affordable edge. Yes I know I have to pay for this just don't think i want to as of now but you never know. I fly know with everything on because I like the flight realistic value of the game even knowing it gets me killed a lot. This will have to be something to look in to, I have so many other toys I would like to have right now also 8(