Author Topic: Beta 1  (Read 8273 times)

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
Re: Beta 1
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2016, 11:42:21 PM »

bug?
Slipper tank flicker with propeller rotation.
---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
---------------------------
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2016, 06:11:47 AM »
Uninstalled alpha and did fresh install of beta on windows 7 x64 machine (hadn't updated this pc in awhile). No errors.

Went to offline game first to turn down music to 0% and adjust video settings. Went back and forth offline/start to adjust video settings.

Quit out of that and went online to GS4 beta arena. In the tower could hear clock ticking and background sounds. Quit out of that and could still hear tower sounds in arena select menu. Quit out of that and sounds went away in opening menu.

Clicked online game and tower sounds came back on at login menu and arena select.

Went into hangar where sounds were different (no clock ticking) and then quit game from there. Tower sounds with clock ticking returned at arena select menu.

Game does this every time I run it now whenever at logon or arena select menu.
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2016, 10:23:40 AM »
Drane, I can second that. I suppose that's how it's meant to be since the game starts in the tower and that's where each task also ends (.ef or the tower button).

What I noticed while checking this is that the clock ticking hiccuped every time the view changed from the load background to tower and also in the tower when the game noticed it should be dark instead of the one second daylight when getting into the arena. 
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2016, 11:44:05 AM »
I have the same issues with the clipboard being about half sized when I exit out of a arena. It's happens with all the mission arenas, GS4, and CTF (these are the ones I went into). My guess is all. Exit arena, clipboard comes up and is about half the size of when you first run the game.

Do you have Track IR?  Does it do this consistently?  Have you tried it with Track IR unplugged?

Trying to narrow this down as I have not been able to reproduce it, but Track IR may be involved.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2016, 12:18:29 PM »
Do you have Track IR?  Does it do this consistently?  Have you tried it with Track IR unplugged?

Trying to narrow this down as I have not been able to reproduce it, but Track IR may be involved.

Roy,   I have heard grumbling from others that TIR is lagging and slow!

it seems that a fresh install of win10 may have cleared up some of the issues but I'm not all that great on computer issues.  I just hoped to steer you in the right direction.

TBH the info came from malcontents and I all but ignored it until I saw this post!

:salute

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2016, 12:25:04 PM »

Roy,   I have heard grumbling from others that TIR is lagging and slow!

it seems that a fresh install of win10 may have cleared up some of the issues but I'm not all that great on computer issues.  I just hoped to steer you in the right direction.

TBH the info came from malcontents and I all but ignored it until I saw this post!

:salute

Need a DXDIAG output from those players.  I watched a friend of mine play the Beta with track IR and he was commenting on how fast and snappy it was.  He felt it was almost too fast.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2016, 12:28:04 PM »
Just a thought- maybe it's a set of TrackIR settings that doesn't agree with the Beta?  Mine seems the same between II and III.  Posting your TIR profile might help too if you're having issues.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2016, 12:32:48 PM »
Can barely see tracers. While we are here, different colors of tracers as they had in WW 2. Thank you.

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2016, 12:37:12 PM »
I have said this before and have gotten different replies, for which I an thankful, but I can't seperate the icons from the planes until I am less than 100 yards away. Then it too late. I am using a 10 setting for Icon.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2016, 12:51:43 PM »
shilo,

Post your PC and video cards specifications. From your comments, it sounds like you have a lower end PC and video card. No one can help you if you don't post that info. The game is not going to be changed specifically tailored to your PC. But, with your PC specs we can help you get the most from it. Please run a DXdiag, save the result as a text file, and you can attach that to your next post.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2016, 12:56:27 PM »
Need a DXDIAG output from those players.  I watched a friend of mine play the Beta with track IR and he was commenting on how fast and snappy it was.  He felt it was almost too fast.

played beta last night and my trackir was the same. Very fast and snappy.
also as raptor posted 4 of us CTD with no warnings a few times
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2016, 12:57:53 PM »
played beta last night and my trackir was the same. Very fast and snappy.
also as raptor posted 4 of us CTD with no warnings a few times

All at the same time?

Dale

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2016, 12:58:11 PM »
I have said this before and have gotten different replies, for which I an thankful, but I can't seperate the icons from the planes until I am less than 100 yards away. Then it too late. I am using a 10 setting for Icon.
You mean text size 10 under Preferences->GUI? I have 26 there... Then again, I don't know how much of a difference would a smaller screen do, mine is 30" 2560x1600 which means a single pixel is quite small.

Oh, and I still report of a sluggish mouse movement, it lags behind unlike in AH2 and Windows.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2016, 12:58:30 PM »
yes all at the same time
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2016, 01:04:48 PM »
yes all at the same time

What arena, what were you guys doing, anyone else in the arena. This sounds like you all received some type of event from the server that caused the CDT.

HiTech