• Silver Member
Re: Beta 1
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2016, 11:24:39 PM »
Never mind , I found it and it works. Thank you again. :salute

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2016, 11:35:33 PM »
Just had a crash, MIA was chasing my I16 into our base ack in his B29 and boom Aces High has stopped working. Tried to log back in. can get to tower and as soon as the you will be put back into flight message pops up CTD.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline madrid311

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2016, 11:44:56 PM »
Mouse would not work properly and game was really slow.My rig can't be that out dated. I can play aces high 2 just fine...But I can't run the higher graphics on 2. Should I try and re down load? What specs do i need to run beta 3 ?
Quote from: hitech on Yesterday at 11:15:04 AM              
         I am happy you are having fun. HiTech                                                  
                  In game name : GunFTR

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2016, 11:55:44 PM »
Shilo, good you found it.  You would be surprised of the number of folks that won't know where the settings folder is.  I was one of those not so very long ago.  :azn:

Madrid, if you do not have a minimum of 1024 MB of dedicated video RAM, I would expect those results.  Run dxdiag.exe and attach the results for a more definitive answer.  Hopefully, there is some other explanation.

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2016, 12:06:26 AM »
Question. What are lens flare, star burst, and bloom ?

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2016, 12:34:57 AM »
Here is a picture of the weird new fire.   Fire/smoke/fire/smoke.

When in F6F, engine sounds change when you move head views with hat switch and with rear view, the engine is louder than front view.

Water landings still give you an instant death at any speed.

Tracers are much harder to see than AH2, maybe too much.

Canopy scratches overdone.   Looks like the glass was washed with a Brillo pad.

Advanced sounds tab will not show adjusted sound level number until closed and re-opened.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2016, 12:36:02 AM »
Look directly at the sun and disable / enable each one.  It will be explained much easier that way.  Bloom may be a little less obvious.  The way I understand it, light from nearby objects will reflect color changes on each other.  I think of it as sort of a blur, but in terms of light / color.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2016, 01:34:22 AM »
Unexpected CTD

Event log:

- EventData

ahbeta.exe
   56993ef7
   ahbeta.exe
   56993ef7
   c0000005
   0018d136
   01d150f1e3392d68
   C:\Hitech Creations\Patch 65\ahbeta.exe
   C:\Hitech Creations\Patch 65\ahbeta.exe
   18a30449-bcec-11e5-8346-001fd081fc6d

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2016, 01:55:25 AM »
GS4 arena.  10thMD flew over my tank in his I-16.  Total silence (my engine was off).  He passed within <100 yds of me and even landed and taxied next to me; no sound at all from his engine, but I could hear his guns fire.  Also, sounds are iffy on my machine, like I don't have enough "voices" or something.  Driving a tank: sometimes I hear the track sound, sometimes not.  Same for foliage crushing sound.

Tuning of the remembered V vox box channel doesn't "take" at log on despite remembering channel number between logons.  If retune again then it works.

Offline 49MERLIN

• Zinc Member
A few things I noticed.
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2016, 02:15:57 AM »
Just spent some time in the BETA. Here's my list.

No friendly GV icons?
Unable to hear approaching enemy planes in GV, only hear the bullets as they hit.
Whirlble rounds look like 50cal rounds?
Can kill friendly guns?
Liked the plane Icon for radio transmissions.
Like the graphics face lift. (Still in the 60s for FPS at full graphics, but drops quick to the teens and twenties when others are  around.)
Little too much sun, had to turn post lights & reflections off to see gauges, and to GV better.
Like the new bamboo bush you can drive through and hide a tank behind.
Like the telephone pole, but why cant I blow it up like the watchtower?
Like the buildings and the roads! Wish we could destroy the buildings and the bridges.
Think the HUD is cheesy (for this game), F-16ish (too modern), and arcade-boy style, but I get it.  Can it be turned off?
LOVE the new Icons!!!!!

BUG:  When in the 5" twin mount and repeatedly hitting backspace I noticed that you can make one barrel (right) fire twice in a row, while the other barrel (left) will fire twice in a row, but 70 degrees to the right of the barrel.  I assume it should not do that.
Was able to launch a Jagpanzer on the carrier deck, but it launched the LVT4 in the water? Wtf? Carrier looks great btw.

49MERLIN

Offline 49MERLIN

• Zinc Member
Re: A few things I noticed.
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2016, 02:25:53 AM »
I also noticed that sometimes when I click on in game windows like (supply box) or (ords are disabled at this field) sometimes it will treat it as if I have tabbed out of the game.  This is an annoying issue I have with AH2 & BETA, but I noticed that in the BETA I can not tab back in without losing host connection. Anger level goes up!  Is this me or the game?

49MERLIN

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: A few things I noticed.
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2016, 04:19:44 AM »
The game does not get angry. That's all you.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2016, 05:53:06 AM »
Here is what I got.

-------------------

The Intel 4400 video logic (built into the CPU) is going to struggle to run AHIII.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2016, 07:48:03 AM »
I have the same issues with the clipboard being about half sized when I exit out of a arena. It's happens with all the mission arenas, GS4, and CTF (these are the ones I went into). My guess is all. Exit arena, clipboard comes up and is about half the size of when you first run the game.

Sounds of other other planes in the air seems really short. I didn't get a chance to exactly measure but my guess is I'm only hearing the other planes around 600' or so. Outside of that, nothing. 

Sounds of explosions are delayed by a second or two while in flight. Took a couple of field guns out in a low & slow pass at very close range. I heard the sound of the explosion 2 maybe 3 seconds later.

Reloading sounds are missing on 8' guns on the ships.

Film recording starts when I login to an arena automatically. Is there a setting for this I am missing (Auto start film recorder at login)?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 07:51:49 AM by 68Raptor »
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2016, 08:34:30 AM »
GS4 arena.  10thMD flew over my tank in his I-16.  Total silence (my engine was off).  He passed within <100 yds of me and even landed and taxied next to me; no sound at all from his engine, but I could hear his guns fire.  Also, sounds are iffy on my machine, like I don't have enough "voices" or something.  Driving a tank: sometimes I hear the track sound, sometimes not.  Same for foliage crushing sound.

Check your speaker and headset selections in clipboard/preferences/game sounds.