Author Topic: Beta 1  (Read 8160 times)

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
Re: Beta 1
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2016, 08:47:38 PM »
I an using 1280x1024 and the wings seem shorter.On the 110g, I see only half the engine, where here I see the most of the engine and the exhaust. The cockpit seems more oval the usual. Do I need to change the above settings. ?

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2016, 09:02:30 PM »
patch installed no problem.

When running a PT Boat into the beach from the ocean, I expected a hull hit on the sand and possibly a slide to a stop on the beach.
Instead it continued cruising just under the land, really fast and like bobbing up and down and rolling and never stopped.

Also, there were like 7 live people up in missions and THAT was cool.
I made two kills in the mission clearly and recorded them, but they weren't shown when I landed them.  The two kills were real people. Not sure why I didn't get credit on landing, I did See AApache also got 2 kills and they were awarded so not sure. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 09:24:32 PM by Kanth »
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2016, 11:20:51 PM »
 :aok

I tried online mission.

Aces High II ver.2.32patch2

Aces High III Beta patch1
 :aok :aok :aok
---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
---------------------------
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2016, 12:21:36 AM »
There are two views when you get in ti cockpit. It looks like anormal view then you push the Hone key and it's almost like zoom. It is not like that now in Aces High. I hope when the program is fully relased, it will have instruction to what things mean, in the thing like graphics and sound and such.      Colors are outstanding.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2016, 12:32:30 AM »
I never noticed the banding until lyric mentioned it. Launching onto the runway and then bailing from the plane I can hit F8 and pan my view up and there appears to be a filter in use that tracks with the viewpoint. That filter seems to be part of the problem.

I have my color depth set to 32-bit and the dynamic range set to full, which normally gives a very smooth color transition.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2016, 04:28:22 AM »
Anytime I adjust FOV I come back in game. Occasional disco.

Btw what's CTD?
If it's continue to disco someone slap me
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2016, 05:09:20 AM »
Shilo,

Trust me this works:  Change you field of view (FOV) to something ~ 100 (if you don't know how I will explain below).  That will allow your cockpit to look less cramped  :cool:

Also, the forward head position now can save tilt up / down and has a default that looks downward to capture a portion of the dash.  I like this feature a lot, and can be easily reset to "no tilt" using the "home" key.  (more explanation below)

Shadows inside of cockpits can be easily turned off, but as far as I recall, they did move appropriately... maybe upside down was tricky ( I don't recall).

Numbers on dials will be less blurry at higher resolutions and definitely with higher texture sizes (for those which have hi def; like the TBM and P51D).

The altitude ticker, and the HUD ladder can be turned off, and even made more transparent.

Joystick settings can be imported over from AH2, but do not import any .cfg files! (the same with most settings including .hps files for head position and views).

Walkthrough:

Click on beta icon from desktop; select video settings from menu; tick custom FOV and place a number above 80 in the box (recommend ~100) this will result in a broader cockpit view;

Click to bring up drop down list of max textures; select higher number if you have enough video RAM; select lower number to resolve memory problems; this should adjust details and clarity;

Click okay to save video settings and return to game menu; load either online or offline arena; select options; select preferences; select Flight; untick alt counter / HUD ladder (to prevent display of either); move HUD brightness slider to adjust transparent ladder;  Click okay to save and return to menu;

Launch fighter (110G2 for example); use up / down arrows to move head position forward / backward; use page up / page down key to move head position up / down; use F8 key to toggle mouse look; move mouse up / down to tilt head up / down; use F10 key to save head position that is current forward view; use "home" key at anytime to reset the view to AH2 straight ahead view;

From Skuzzy:

The files with the following extensions may be copied over, from the current game "settings" folder.
------------------------------------
*.JSM
*.KMP
*.HPS

The "planes" folder may also be copied over.

"Skins" are not supported yet.

Please do not copy any of the *.CFG files over.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:17:18 AM by Chilli »

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2016, 05:39:34 AM »
Anytime I adjust FOV I come back in game. Occasional disco.

Btw what's CTD?
If it's continue to disco someone slap me

CTD has always meant Crash to Desktop whenever I have referred to programs.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2016, 06:00:54 AM »
My first impressions.  Frame rate that is usually 59fps is 7fps on beta.  Even after turning off all the details etc. and changing the resolution for my video card.  My computer is only 1.5 years old too.

Need a DXDIAG output.

I an using 1280x1024 and the wings seem shorter.On the 110g, I see only half the engine, where here I see the most of the engine and the exhaust. The cockpit seems more oval the usual. Do I need to change the above settings. ?

The default field of view (FOV) has changed from 106 to 80.  If you want the old FOV, go to the "Video Settings" and set a custom FOV.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2016, 09:39:40 AM »
CTD has always meant Crash to Desktop whenever I have referred to programs.
tha me you for clarifying this for me!
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2016, 10:14:21 AM »
First...patch installed fine...

I changed my resolution to 1024 x 768...i got my solid 30 fps back  :aok

I bombed a enemy radar in GS4 but i didnt hear anything but a very soft explosion also had my wing shot off by ack and it took a few seconds for the damage to show up on the damage thing but it made crazy sounds and then the wing loss showed up...if this is a new feature i like it... :aok
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2016, 10:16:34 AM »
When I turn my head 1/4 or 1/2 turn with hat switch views, the engine sound changes.  It doesn't when I look back or up.

The fire trail on planes looks strange.   It starts red, then black and then red and then the smoke.   Never seen fire with that dark red color.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2016, 10:25:21 AM »
Thank you Chilli, that helped. :salute

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2016, 11:40:49 AM »
One issue i have is the yellow circle with the mouse and think there should be an option to disable it so i can play as i do
in AHII
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2016, 11:46:28 AM »
 How do I get the mouse to work ?   :headscratch: