Author Topic: Beta 1  (Read 8164 times)

Offline CSI147

• Zinc Member
Re: Beta 1
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2016, 03:18:52 PM »
CSI147, your main issue is here:   "Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400" copied from your DxDiag output. Intel graphics don't work well with AH at all, and since the Alpha/Beta is more dependent on the GPU the issue gets even worse. Other than the video circuit your computer should suffice.

Is there any remedy such as more ram or am I SOL?

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2016, 03:20:20 PM »

Where can I go to blow stuff up without getting booted from my plane every time a mission starts, or prevent me from flying when a mission is running?

Try one of the two arenas under the Melee tab at the top when you login.

Why are my shadows all pixilated?

I don't know on this one. I have max texture at 4096 (or whatever the max is) and still have pixalted shadows. I've turned them off for now.
How do I get rid of the glass scratches?
I don't think you can.

How do I get rid of the cockpit contour reflections? I want it to look like there's no glass there like in ah2.
Somewhere under graphic settings in game is the setting for reflections. I found it the other day and turned them of. With them on the glass on the gauges act more like mirrors then glass. Perhaps HTC can turn up or down the translucent effect of the reflections on the guages to make it seem less like mirrors and more like glass. 

Black hole cockpit. The gauges are very hard to see unless I crank the gamma, but that makes everything else too bright.
Not sure on this one in a daytime arena. When the sun is down in the arena my gauges are hard to see also

The bullet strikes on the ground are hard to see or not there.
Same issue here, a non-issue for me though. I believe it's the new norm.

The ocean is disorienting, lots of random patterns forming and disappearing, strange whirlpool looking thing in water too, maybe the sun reflection?
Same sort of issue for me also. I'm chalking it up to a different look and feel to the game. Trying to get used to it now.

Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2016, 03:26:35 PM »
This sounds like a power problem on the usb hub.

HiTech

Yep, even attached a powered hub, but lazy me disconnected the power, I think so the lights would go out when computer powered down in sleep mode.  :confused:

Plugged it back in.... had to search for the adapter  :D 

I want to thank everyone for their help. Send me your address and I will send all of you a kitten. Choices of color are limeted.

hitech,  never mind the sig, get a 1911 style .45  :salute

This is what happened the last time I accepted kittens.  No joke, that is my latest co pilot since my 14 yr old Pomeranian, Keno, left the co pilot seat, he (his name, Mace) took over.  Also, this is actually a picture I had to take of him, because I caught him red "handed" fiddling with my mouse.  This shot wasn't coaxed or setup in anyway. 

After returning home several mornings (I work nights) and finding the blue lights from my controller and keyboard lit, I figured one of the cats had bumped into the mouse or keyboard.  On this morning, I found out the eerie truth, a dark silhouette in front of my computer screen, next to my joystick stand.  I was laughing hysterically as he kept this position long enough for me to snap this and several other shots with my cell camera. 

The running joke with the family has been that he has hacked my internet account and was placing orders for himself and the other household pets.  :rofl
Buckshot,

I found that folks just join the first arena they see.  At the top of the online arena splash screen, there are TABS, select MELEE, and there the GS4 arena is closest to LWMA that we currently have on beta.  Fuel burn is slow, and killshooter is off, and with flaps light load of fuel and manual takeoff, you can launch from vehicle bases near the center TT island.  I like it that way for testing, and it makes for fast and fun engagements (just ask AApache, who cleaned the floor with me). 

I really suggest that you and I go there and I would be glad to try and answer some of those questions.  In the meantime feel free to press buttons and experiment, it is beta and likely that you will find new bugs to report, rather than following a prescribed walkthrough from someone else.

CSI,

Is that a desktop or laptop?  Edit:  Just looked and it is an all in one, sorry.  Desktops are easy fixes with a better video card, but really doesn't appear to be an option for the all in one.

Do not run out and just purchase something better, or you might be in a worse position, wait for recommendations from forum members.  Newer and highly rated or expensive, does not necessarily mean "suited" for AH3 needs --feel free to PM me.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 03:46:29 PM by Chilli »

Offline CSI147

• Zinc Member
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2016, 03:33:58 PM »
This is one of those All in Ones where you don't need the tower that took up space under my kitchen counter desk area.  When my laptop decided to die with my tank it got his a year ago.  Couldn't get a definitive reply from anyone last year about what I would need for this newer game.  I got the higher end All in One thinking it would be fine.  I guess not.  It did improve the current version of Aces High from my laptop 29fps to 59fps.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2016, 03:35:10 PM »
Is there any remedy such as more ram or am I SOL?
Oh crap, it's an all-in-one. The only thing you'd need would be a gaming intended video card (plus a strong enough power supply), but those all-in-one's can't be modified. Other than the video card you'd be OK. With that computer you're SOL (had to google for the meaning) unless HT can find a workaround for Intel Graphics. The problem is that they don't respond to certain commands in a similar way than the "real" video cards do, or something like that.

The current version of the game relies more on the processor which is strong in your computer.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2016, 03:55:47 PM »
Thanks guys. I can't get any combo of settings to make it look decent.

I just shut off everything, slider at zero, and cranked the gamma to make it look acceptable to me, which is actually not as good as ah2 is for me now.

Oh well, back to ah2.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2016, 05:17:09 PM »
Anyone get the feeling that was going to be Buckshot's answer no matter what ?  :D

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2016, 06:02:47 PM »
Hi Chilli,

Just being honest. If htc wants more players, I'd think they would want first impression input.

A new casual player who doesn't know about the forum won't say anything, and they probably won't come back.

I'm guessing HTC will advertise once the new game is out, and we'll see people who have never played any of the aces high versions.

First impressions are important, even in the beta.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline CSI147

• Zinc Member
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2016, 06:08:59 PM »
Hi Chilli,

Just being honest. If htc wants more players, I'd think they would want first impression input.

A new casual player who doesn't know about the forum won't say anything, and they probably won't come back.

I'm guessing HTC will advertise once the new game is out, and we'll see people who have never played any of the aces high versions.

First impressions are important, even in the beta.

I totally agree.  I'll add that as a non-computer literate person having to go into areas of changing settings is definitely something that will be intimidating to many like myself.  I've killed way too many computers in my digital lifetime.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2016, 06:35:55 PM »
Casual player most likely would not be beta testing.  I appreciate honesty, but can you appreciate that there is a reason why the tortoise won that race against the hare.  There seems to be a rush to abandon all hope.  If that were my case, I would have been done a decade ago. 

Let me see if I can find a picture of my graphics, after Nvidia driver upgrade added some foo foo artsy app that did nothing but ruin AH.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,270784.msg3540099.html#msg3540099

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2016, 06:49:14 PM »
Where you set the hat switches, there are no "look up left or look up back right or any of the look up settings. There is a look up forward, but's thats all.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2016, 06:51:40 PM »
Did you copy over your joystick jsm file from AH2 out of the AH2 settings folder? Just copy it to the Beta settings folder.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2016, 08:00:50 PM »

First run AH3. Clipboad size right.

[size=78%]
Run online or offline AH3, and once quit online or offline so...

Why clipboad small?[/size]
---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
---------------------------
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Clipboard minimise / maximise graphic + phantom sun reflection
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2016, 09:21:53 PM »
I tried to do a vid rather than type this but I do not think the vid is very good quality.  It does show the issues though.  I need to research how to upload decent quality vids without the size blowing out.

Clipboard - it disappears during the hide / show animation.  About 1/2 way through as it rotates.

Phantom sun - night time melee arena.  sun has set over the horizon with afterglow visible.  On canopy full ball of sun can be seen and stripe on top view.  Clear in vid even with the low res.

https://fess67.smugmug.com/Films/Aces-High/i-SnN2rHP/A

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2016, 10:53:29 PM »
What is jsm file. I'm dumb as a sack of rocks when it comes to computers. Thank you for your help.