Author Topic: ACES HIGH III BETA: View perspective and color is wrong  (Read 3708 times)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: ACES HIGH III BETA: View perspective and color is wrong
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2016, 02:36:36 PM »
Since my last post where I give my opinion on first view of the game, I've received a lot of defensive feedback from the games developers.

I have yet to see a reply in this thread from anyone at HTC, so your statement is incorrect.
EDIT: got ninja'd by Hitech himself.

What you got was a response in the same tone as your OP. Come in with constructive criticism or questions, and you won't see so many "defensive" replies.

The default FOV is now the same as the other popular flight sims. As was already pointed out, you can easily change it to match what you're used to.

The colors are calculated based on Sun position, altitude, and other stuff. There are settings to change some of the way lighting is applied.

Since this is a Beta, you are not required to participate, but if you choose to, people would take you more serious if you actually conduct yourself in a more mature manner instead of popping off with insults and confrontational rants.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 02:38:47 PM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline OhioWing

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2016, 07:48:58 PM »
I think this posting is dead on accurate. Hopefully AH is aware of how significant this is and moves to address the general color scheme and SA issues.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2016, 08:03:30 PM »
When AH1 was being phased out and the new AH2 was just upon us, much of what is being doomed and gloomed here happened then. When the last major graphics update to AH2 happened, all of this deja vu'd over again.

Each time when the update went live, turned out Hitech had not performed final tweeks while the Betas were in progress to help himself with player input to fix code problems, and see trends that would effect the most players in the worst ways. By the full release, he performed final tweeks and we all survived.

I've been here with the alpha and now beta since day 1, August 2014. Until this thing goes live, nothing is chiseled in stone. Hitech has been changing things all the time for 91 alpha code releases. Why is this testing any different then the 92 before this one?

Getting together in a post and agreeing with each other as a coalition front to Hitech has no baring on reporting problems with the beta code. If that actually worked, Waffle would have already changed the forward structural view of the P47-D11 because it is inaccurate as heck.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2016, 09:50:24 PM »
Utter BS you have not receive any feed back let alone "Defensive" from the game developers.

I would strongly suggest your drop the attitude. Simply post your views and not be argumentative with people and make threatening statements like  "With all due respect they will tell you where to stick your $15 a month." In reality the only thing your have stated is you like most stuff but think the colors are to saturated. Your FOV issue you can change as you like.

HiTech
Was just going to say the same thing....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2016, 12:13:14 AM »
Since my last post where I give my opinion on first view of the game, I've received a lot of defensive feedback from the games developers.  Look, I've been playing this game off and on since it was called Air Warriors, what attracted me to the game in the first place was its Dynamite Graphics which no other flight sim can really compare to.  From a purely graphics standpoint, all I can say is that it would be obvious to even the most casual observer, that the two games aren't even comparable.  From all of this defensiveness that I've been getting, I must assume that the games original developers are nowhere to be found; hence all of these wrong draw distances, camera views, and funny colors which really can't be fixed by the user as the developers imply. 

Look developers, it's not rocket science, figure out how you did it in aces high II and copy that! The other new features such as the new look and feel of the airfields, the player interfaces, etc. are great.  With that said, I now suppose now I'll be deluged with a tirade of negativity implying that I'm an idiot.  Sorry, but the game is what it is!   

This game was NEVER called Air Warriors, its "developers" use to play that game however and decided they could do it better, and so did.

The game must change and evolve. Look at the graphics of other games. AH2 was a bit dated and they have worked hard to update them along with a number of other things in the game.

No point in coming in here with an attitude. Give your opinion of the beta and move on.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2016, 05:31:09 AM »
Was just going to say the same thing....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Ditto, but I bit my tongue.  No, I literally bit my tongue.

Maybe he is confusing us with another game or another development team.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2016, 03:49:50 PM »
hmmm, most of the whining is coming from newbies?? Could competitors be trying to sabatoge the new version??? :bolt:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2016, 04:12:08 PM »
It could be they have a gamer perspective versus looking at this a huge SIMM with it's trade offs. Consider we get to see much father distance wise with more objects to render due to that farther distance than the usual game. Many games combat arena would fit into one of our sectors. There will be trade offs to accomplish our world. They want the other worlds with all of our world's numbers benefits. In that case DCS would have maps as huge as ours with the ability to host 600 players in real time.

As is AH3 is a really excellent presentation of both worlds combined.

Yeah and I did wonder if some of these complaints aren't paid shills.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2016, 04:22:44 PM »
Well all kidding aside, I would hope that every one is trying to be constructive and barring some blatant example, I would read all that way. :)
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2016, 01:52:05 AM »
I find it hard to believe you have been playing off and on since AW as you seem to no nothing about the developers of the game

Since my last post where I give my opinion on first view of the game, I've received a lot of defensive feedback from the games developers.  Look, I've been playing this game off and on since it was called Air Warriors, what attracted me to the game in the first place was its Dynamite Graphics which no other flight sim can really compare to.  From a purely graphics standpoint, all I can say is that it would be obvious to even the most casual observer, that the two games aren't even comparable.  From all of this defensiveness that I've been getting, I must assume that the games original developers are nowhere to be found; hence all of these wrong draw distances, camera views, and funny colors which really can't be fixed by the user as the developers imply. 

Look developers, it's not rocket science, figure out how you did it in aces high II and copy that! The other new features such as the new look and feel of the airfields, the player interfaces, etc. are great.  With that said, I now suppose now I'll be deluged with a tirade of negativity implying that I'm an idiot.  Sorry, but the game is what it is!   
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2016, 02:19:56 AM »
BFX  check to see what is controlling your display color contrast, and brightness.  Is it your video card or the display?
Randy, where would I go to check this? That could be the solution to some of my problems as well. Thanks
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2016, 02:34:36 AM »
Let's be honest as well.  The Beta is very very vibrant when it comes to colour.  I am sure that will get toned down in time but at the moment it is pretty saturated.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2016, 03:56:31 AM »
Fess,
Beta is the exact opposite of what you describe.  I the terrains and skies are either washed out or too dark, depending upon my placement of the gama slider alone.

We have had many discussions along these lines before hand, so I can tell you that not everyone's computer settings are the same.  Bustr seemed to be seeing psychedelic colors, whenever I posted anything that looked realistic to me.

The good news is that everyone CAN adjust their settings with a little direction.  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,377136.msg5022877.html#msg5022877

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2016, 04:01:39 AM »
Fess,
Beta is the exact opposite of what you describe.  I the terrains and skies are either washed out or too dark, depending upon my placement of the gama slider alone.

We have had many discussions along these lines before hand, so I can tell you that not everyone's computer settings are the same.  Bustr seemed to be seeing psychedelic colors, whenever I posted anything that looked realistic to me.

The good news is that everyone CAN adjust their settings with a little direction.  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,377136.msg5022877.html#msg5022877

Thanks Chilli.  Without wishing to appear argumentative...Beta is the exact opposite of what you describe..sir...YOUR experience of beta may be the exact opposite of what I described.  My experience is it is like a trip back to the 70's with copious amounts of drugs on top.  I am not saying it cannot be managed but at the same time we should not jump on a guy for expressing his views.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2016, 05:57:52 AM »
Actually, no one can gripe about color unless they have a commitment to color correction. I bet there are no more than five, and probably only two color calibration tools in all of Aces High.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.