Author Topic: ACES HIGH III BETA: View perspective and color is wrong  (Read 3711 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: ACES HIGH III BETA: View perspective and color is wrong
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2016, 06:26:08 AM »
Fess,
I saw nothing outrageous about your posts.  On the other hand, others that spend a hot minute in the mission arena and declare that EVERYTHING in beta is wrong.... I think they could use a hand  :ahand

You for instance, are expressing an opinion on the saturation in colors.  Nothing wrong with that, in fact, I was able to discuss this with HiTech himself in very early alpha testing, but expressing the opposing opinion.  I was pleased to finally see some "real" world colors.  I didn't base that on AH2 or any other game graphics, but rather from satellite images and videos.  When I compare beta to these real world examples, they either match or they don't (examples of both are true). 

Now, as far as being too rough on posters throwing tantrums with very little effort on their own to search for answers, but who rather level accusations (mostly false), I think that I have actually been "kind"  :cool:  But that doesn't stop the myths or rumors that spread fear and distrust instead of faith in the final version.

Challenge,
Amen to that. 

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2016, 06:50:36 AM »
Actually, no one can gripe about color unless they have a commitment to color correction. I bet there are no more than five, and probably only two color calibration tools in all of Aces High.

My hobby is photography.  I can assure you my monitors are all calibrated  :)  Having said that I am slightly red green colour blind so I rely on my histograms and calibration to help me not oversaturate my images.

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2016, 10:22:06 AM »
  I did notice in the f4u's when you zoom it does not align with gun site. In a 190d the zoom is perfectly aligned. I tried 100 fov and 120 both the same. Anything I'm doing wrong?  :frown:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2016, 10:27:21 AM »
  I did notice in the f4u's when you zoom it does not align with gun site. In a 190d the zoom is perfectly aligned. I tried 100 fov and 120 both the same. Anything I'm doing wrong?  :frown:
Each plane is set that way in the new default views.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2016, 10:34:16 AM »
Each plane is set that way in the new default views.
  How do I adjust it? I can't look around with mouse?

edit , OK got it looked at another thred pushed home key in zoom.   :aok
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 10:36:50 AM by Slate »
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2016, 03:09:21 PM »
Slate,

HiTech took the preferences of players into consideration and made the AH2 default position available with a simple click of the home key.

But for custom adustments you can use F8 mode and number pad.  Or, there is a mouse look toggle command that you can map to keyboard, joystick or mouse.  I use that mouse look toggle switch to activate and then I can align the head tilt with my mouse.

I set all of my forward views (mostly all) with head lifted, zoomed in and then tilted to line up bullet tracers with my gunsight reticule.  Then, as I zoom out the sights stay in alignment with where I want to see bullet streams.