Author Topic: Sounds  (Read 682 times)

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
Sounds
« on: January 16, 2016, 09:43:26 AM »
Host game sounds are wonderful.
But prior to trying the alpha I transferred over sounds from ah2. Will they not work or will the files have to be adjusted???
 Just an I'm wondering question.

For the HTC staff, this beta is beatiful and made a spectacular more awesomeriffic( yes I just made that word up) :)
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
Re: Sounds
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 10:06:59 AM »
Zacherof,

The Beta is using a new sound system (FMOD) which I think isn't compatible w/ the old Miles Sound system being used in the current AHII.

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 10:27:58 AM »
I,m sure I in time, the sound will improve.  The 51and38 sound, as One person posted, like angry, small outboard motors.

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 11:23:56 AM »
I miss Rangers and Mitzu's soundpacks. They were a bit more realistic. I'm trying to transfer them over but having problems.
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 11:30:44 AM »
At first, I wasn't crazy about the engine sound (rev-up and throttle back).
After I flew a couple of sorties and did a bunch of loops, I can kinda' understand how the engine sound is working.  I believe I like...   :aok

Coogan 
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 11:42:46 AM »
I would like at some time be able to transfer sounds I have now to the AHIII. Will that be possible in the future? I just like the planes to have different sounds. Thank you.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 12:10:48 PM »
I would like at some time be able to transfer sounds I have now to the AHIII. Will that be possible in the future? I just like the planes to have different sounds. Thank you.

Yes and no. You will not be able to simply add sound files. Custom sounds are working but they requrires you you use fmod studio http://www.fmod.org/
and start with a project that we will distribute.

Using fmod you will have much more capability then simply replacing sound files. As an example if you wish to change the way the engine sounds work, you could change the effect to vary frequency with throttle (the way it used to work) instead of how we implemented it.

Instead of simply changing one check 6 sound, you could change the check 6 to randomly select from as many as you wish check 6 calls.

The disadvantage is that to simply change one sound is a little more complex, but entire sound sets consist of only 5 files.

HiTech

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 12:29:54 PM »
Yes and no. You will not be able to simply add sound files. Custom sounds are working but they requrires you you use fmod studio http://www.fmod.org/

Using fmod you will have much more capability then simply replacing sound files. As an example if you wish to change the way the engine sounds work, you could change the effect to vary frequency with throttle (the way it used to work) instead of how we implemented it.

Instead of simply changing one check 6 sound, you could change the check 6 to randomly select from as many as you wish check 6 calls.

The disadvantage is that to simply change one sound is a little more complex, but entire sound sets consist of only 5 files.

HiTech

This is most definitely STICKY worthy, and worthy of great applause  :rock  Anyone with a problem with this new system need only fire the M4 30 cal hull gun.....  :aok It sounded so much like the Tommy Gun from old gangster movies, I could hear James Cagney in my head   :police: 

It "sounds" like sound packs will need to be re done, but they will have a much smaller impact on game resources, and will operate in a much more realistic manner.  :cool:

I can't believe I admitted to the sounds in my head  :noid

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 12:36:49 PM »

I can't believe I admitted to the sounds in my head  :noid

:rofl

Well at least I'm not the only one
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 12:41:27 PM »

HiTech

Hitech,

Have you given any thought to tying the prop pitch lever to the calculated prop pitch setting the constant speed prop governor is using according to the throttle height setting used?

The graphics always show this lever pushed full forward even when throttle is pulled back.........

Just curious as to what your thoughts are concerning this aspect of the game.

I also would consider your thoughts as to the thought of making the prop pitch lever a working axis that could be programmed to use along w\ the throttle (would be a perfect usage for my mouse stick on my CH Throttle.........just saying).

Just a thought.............

What say ye?

Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2016, 12:49:10 PM »
Hitech,

Have you given any thought to tying the prop pitch lever to the calculated prop pitch setting the constant speed prop governor is using according to the throttle height setting used?

The graphics always show this lever pushed full forward even when throttle is pulled back.........

Just curious as to what your thoughts are concerning this aspect of the game.

I also would consider your thoughts as to the thought of making the prop pitch lever a working axis that could be programmed to use along w\ the throttle (would be a perfect usage for my mouse stick on my CH Throttle.........just saying).

Just a thought.............

What say ye?

You can already select an analog prop control (RPM 1 - 4).

The rpm/prop lever is already coded, not sure which planes have the animation built into the mesh.

HiTech

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2016, 04:25:01 PM »

The rpm/prop lever is already coded, not sure which planes have the animation built into the mesh.

HiTech

Well you don't say!

:aok  :D

Gonna have to check this out now!

Didn't know that the RPM settings were prop pitch control..........

Thanks, Boss!

« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 04:43:41 PM by Pudgie »

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2016, 06:12:47 PM »

HiTech

You are the MAN!

I've been overlooking this for soooooo long........I'm sorry for being so blind!

I LIKE this & now it all makes sense on the throttle sounds now in the Beta as the engine should output less "resonance" on decreased boost pressure & now that I have the prop RPM set up I can easily make these adjustments on the fly & can almost fly by ear now.

My Spitty Mk IX has the prop RPM lever animation coded........love it when I'm working the prop pitch RPM & seeing the pitch lever moving in relation w\ me also working the throttle as well..............

She rolls a LOT better w/ prop pitch RPM's set at 2200-2500 (looking at prop RPM gauge) & is much more responsive on the controls she seems (less gyroscopic progression to fight from the Merlin on initial control response).

Thanks Hitech for turning me on to this..........have also set this up in AHII as well & the cockpit animation of the pitch RPM control lever also works in AHII but you already knew that...............

Set this up using my 4-way hat switch under my index finger on my CH Throttle so it is very "natural" feeling to me to use. I used the prop RPM increase & prop RPM decrease settings instead of assigning the 4 individual settings so this can be fine tuned to the situation on the fly using the cockpit gauge to keep up w\ where its at on the fly as well as by ear.

:rock  :salute

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 07:07:36 PM »
So, all this time when we have said "pull your prop" . . . (rpm) . . . "back" what have you been doing?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2016, 04:26:35 AM »
I may need twinbooms help with this one...again lol :bhead
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait