Author Topic: Beta , Melle Arena.  (Read 7040 times)

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
Re: Beta , Melle Arena.
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2016, 06:35:54 PM »
Nividia cards run the beta very well.  I have a Geforce 970 and with graphic settings on full (including environmental slider), my FPS ranges from 95-85 fps.
I thought fps stopped at 59-60?
Or is that what's recorded in game and the real one???
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2016, 06:51:10 PM »

Most people use a monitor/tv that has 60 mhz and so that is where they lock the top end. However, some of the newer stuff is coming out at 144 mhz so those read higher.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2016, 07:02:06 PM »
Most people use a monitor/tv that has 60 mhz and so that is where they lock the top end. However, some of the newer stuff is coming out at 144 mhz so those read higher.

Even if your monitor/TV has a refresh rate of 60MHz, you can disable Vsync and show the true fps your card can achieve with different settings. 

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2016, 07:40:52 PM »
Ahh thanks you guys.
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2016, 07:41:11 PM »
keep in mind, these frame rates you are seeing, are without a large furball happening.

I will wait to see how it goes and enjoy AHII while it is here.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2016, 07:46:14 PM »
keep in mind, these frame rates you are seeing, are without a large furball happening.

There are ways to help induce something similar like turning and burning while dropping 20 bombs at once, and flying with staged missions.

Although I'm curious to see how clouds will be. I know those used to murder frame rates and
Being next to 300 people is different
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2016, 08:13:52 PM »
Lazer poops on a lot of things before looking to see where it falls.  Like how he drops bombs...not good. :devil
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2016, 01:12:20 AM »

get 2 cv's together and bring a set of buffs.  that will basically show you how a large furball will be.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2016, 08:59:19 AM »
get 2 cv's together and bring a set of buffs.  that will basically show you how a large furball will be.

semp

Great idea!  I'm gonna try that.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2016, 12:22:59 PM »

For testing in the beta, I've turned off v-sync.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2016, 01:21:07 PM »

Question on this one...

Any benefit to a TV vs. a monitor?

Thinking about a 42" or 46" TV with 144 mhz.  Any concerns frying a gaming graphic card?

Thanks!
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2016, 01:33:39 PM »
Question on this one...

Thinking about a 42" or 46" TV with 144 mhz.  Any concerns frying a gaming graphic card?

Thanks!
There should be no issues with the graphics card, after all a TV is just a monitor with a tuner. If using it as a computer monitor was dangerous they wouldn't feature a computer input. And since TV's mainly are 1920x1080, the load for your video card would not increase at all.

There's a couple of things you'd have to think about, though. The first and maybe most important is called input lag. That means that things happen much later on the screen than in your computer. You won't notice it watching youtube, but you'll certainly notice when the guy in front of you shoots your tail off. Google for models suffering the least of it.

The other thing is due to the resolution being the same as in regular monitors: If you quadruplicate the screen area, also a single pixel gets bigger by that. That will make diagonal lines look jagged like stairs. Anti-aliasing makes them smoother by blurring, but that may also smudge some details.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2016, 05:11:55 PM »
The other thing is due to the resolution being the same as in regular monitors: If you quadruplicate the screen area, also a single pixel gets bigger by that. That will make diagonal lines look jagged like stairs. Anti-aliasing makes them smoother by blurring, but that may also smudge some details.

That is what got me, tried a 46" but the resolution made it harder to see distant objects (like tanks). Went back to my 29".
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2016, 05:43:46 PM »
Question on this one...

Thanks!

I use a 48" LED. Its beautiful. It is only 60 MHz tho. All my vid cards handle it fine. Regarding 144MHz. Read around, many say its better, but in my limited research, I read many things that state what the old eyeball sees and what higher refresh rates are about. I quit worrying about anything above 60MHz. Eyes only need 30MHz...................I also read many things about the higher refresh rates in TV/LEDs, its an artificial thing, the card just insert the same intermediate frames????????????????????????????????

60 Fps, 60MHz refresh, 60Hz electricity, 20ms response time. Read around and see what you think.
W7/64, 3.2GHz cpu, vid card with 2GB DDR5, 8GB system ram should rock AH3 just fine. Like others, my system is pushing 10 years old. I upgraded my vid card and AH3 is sweet, 60FPs........................ .

luck
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 05:46:22 PM by MADe »
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Dogtown

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2016, 06:07:58 PM »
hey all i bought a geforce gtx 650 a few years back and it does ok on ah2 , from what i've read here i sould be ok with the new version.  some of the other things that where mentioned are over my head . i was reading the min requirements for my card just now and i noticed that 2 gb of system memory is the min. but 4gb is recommended . is this ram they are talking about ? i only have 2gb and ment to up that but forgot...can this be causing like a bottle neck effect i have heard about ?  if i up my ram will it help the card run more graphics ?   ty for any help. getting ready to try the beta out now
Soooo's I'm standing there i got my ......NM