Author Topic: Beta , Melle Arena.  (Read 7039 times)

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
Re: Beta , Melle Arena.
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2016, 06:16:29 PM »
You will not like how a TV monitor looks in the game.

Question on this one...

Any benefit to a TV vs. a monitor?

Thinking about a 42" or 46" TV with 144 mhz.  Any concerns frying a gaming graphic card?

Thanks!
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2016, 09:18:10 PM »
Question on this one...

Any benefit to a TV vs. a monitor?

Thinking about a 42" or 46" TV with 144 mhz.  Any concerns frying a gaming graphic card?

Thanks!

I use a 42 inch 1080p LED TV running off GTX670 AH2 stays at 60 fps with all the bells and whistles and the new Beta as well with only AA and the environmental kicked down a bit. I love my big screen and to mee, it makes it much easier to spot dots, planes, and tanks.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2016, 02:35:01 AM »
hey all i bought a geforce gtx 650 a few years back and it does ok on ah2 , from what i've read here i sould be ok with the new version.  some of the other things that where mentioned are over my head . i was reading the min requirements for my card just now and i noticed that 2 gb of system memory is the min. but 4gb is recommended . is this ram they are talking about ? i only have 2gb and ment to up that but forgot...can this be causing like a bottle neck effect i have heard about ?  if i up my ram will it help the card run more graphics ?   ty for any help. getting ready to try the beta out now
Yes, the GTX 650 meets the current requirements for the new version with a good margin. Nothing stellar but playable.

And yes, system memory is RAM. And yet another yes, 2 GB can cause a bottleneck. You won't necessarily see an improvement in frame rates, but the overall performance and stability of your computer will improve a lot. If you have a 64 bit system 4 GB would be considered as a minimum but 8 GB gave a noticeable boost to everyday performance at least in my system. Going past that is for those who run memory thirsty applications like Photoshop or video editors.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2016, 07:04:35 AM »
Yes, the GTX 650 meets the current requirements for the new version with a good margin. Nothing stellar but playable.

And yes, system memory is RAM. And yet another yes, 2 GB can cause a bottleneck. You won't necessarily see an improvement in frame rates, but the overall performance and stability of your computer will improve a lot. If you have a 64 bit system 4 GB would be considered as a minimum but 8 GB gave a noticeable boost to everyday performance at least in my system. Going past that is for those who run memory thirsty applications like Photoshop or video editors.

Solid recommendation right there.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2016, 08:33:41 AM »
You will not like how a TV monitor looks in the game.
I would have to disagree with that...I use a Panasonic 50" plasma as a monitor, and it is absolutely awesome. Colors great, 60 FPS steady with all things maxed out. I don't get but a 1 FPS drop in the clouds.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2016, 08:57:40 AM »
Please guys the frequencies on screens are mesured in Hertz, like a cpu, but they don't display millions of of frames per second, so its not mhz but hz.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2016, 09:08:09 AM »
Please guys the frequencies on screens are mesured in Hertz, like a cpu, but they don't display millions of of frames per second, so its not mhz but hz.

<forehead slap> Thank you, SirNuke.  I do know better than that.   Doh!

Offline Dogtown

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2016, 01:46:14 PM »
Thank You very much Bizman, Skuzzy. Now I know and knowing is half the battle  :D
Soooo's I'm standing there i got my ......NM

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2016, 01:56:01 PM »
I would have to disagree with that...I use a Panasonic 50" plasma as a monitor, and it is absolutely awesome. Colors great, 60 FPS steady with all things maxed out. I don't get but a 1 FPS drop in the clouds.

One thing to be concerned with with a TV is most do some post processing of whatever input they're getting, which can add time between the TV receiving the signal and it going to the screen, so it adds a little bit of lag between stuff happening on the video card and the image becoming visible.  Many if not most TVs have a 'computer' setting for an input which disables that and just displays the raw signal.

I can't say I've noticed a difference running with or without it, but on this game, I'm rarely concerned with mistiming by hundredths of a second.  My errors are usually much, much larger. ;)

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11