Author Topic: Gun sight sizes  (Read 518 times)

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
Gun sight sizes
« on: August 18, 2016, 02:13:56 AM »
I am Comparing gun sight sizes between Aces High 2 and the current beta. The Beta gun sights are bigger. Here is a Screenshot I took in Aces High 2 with a FOV of 106.

Here is a Screenshot I took in Aces High 3 Beta Verson 0.02 Patch 39 With a FOV of 106.

CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Re: Gun sight sizes
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 03:16:05 AM »
Rud3..........take a good look at the picture.  You appear to be further away from in the instrument panel in AHII.  You can see that by looking at the number of instruments you can see.

I had to change my FOV also to get same in cockpit view in AHIII.  Adjust you FOV up two or three at a time to get what you had in AHII if you prefer that.

I changed monitors.  I had to adjust my FOV up from the game set FOV of 96 to 120.  I ran a FOV of 100 in AHII on a 24inch monitor that was 1920 X 1200.

I'm using an Ultra wide 29in. monitor that is 2560 X 1080 and had to move FOV to 120.  Adjust your FOV and you will be fine.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 04:46:55 AM »
Hajo I want some of what you have been drinking.

I see the same number of instruments with the base of the pic on the ammo counters in both images.  The lower image is darker but there are no less instruments shown

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 05:21:20 AM »
Yes, there's a difference in size. However, that isn't the default gun sight for that plane type.

Further, if my memory serves me right, the new gun sights are more accurately modeled to give information about the distance of the target.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 10:37:40 AM »
Hajo I want some of what you have been drinking.

I see the same number of instruments with the base of the pic on the ammo counters in both images.  The lower image is darker but there are no less instruments shown

Fess you are correct!  I ran out of Crown Royal and had to imbibe Jim Beam instead!
- The Flying Circus -

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 01:56:48 PM »
Bizman they are the same gunsights. I'm guessing that a FOV of 106 in AH2 is not the same as a FOV of 106 in AH3??? Let me know here.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 02:02:25 PM »
We now ship an almost complete  set of sights of the planes, vs just one.

If you wish to make it bigger, modify sights/xxxxx.mil file. It sets the size of the sight. It sets the mil width of the image.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 03:21:32 PM »
If the fov is the same in both screen captures, and you are using TR. Hit F9, then home, and see if they remain the same as the pictures. If they do, ask FLS if he pulled the head back for the beta default view when he did the work on all of the head positions. If that is not the problem then. If you are using the same bitmap in AH2 and the beta, looks like deRevic12n.bmp. Did you copy the deRevi12n.mil file with the deRevic12n.bmp to the AH2 sights directory?

My PC that I did the gunsight work on is out of commission until the new parts arrive to build a new PC. So I'm trying to remember the name I gave the Revi C12\C night reticle you selected for your F4u.

Just remember that all of the sights in the sights folder have a gunsight.bmp and gunsight.mil size control file. You need both files in AH2 or the beta. Otherwise the reticle will show about 1\2 normal size.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.