Author Topic: Eny  (Read 10330 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Eny
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2016, 09:09:02 PM »
Sometimes our squad is on different sides and we hunt each other. Hehehe

While this can be fun I think its one of the things that take away from "squads" in the game. Squads use to be a group of players with the same basic ideals, ideas of how to play, the same goals in the game. Today squads are more like "clicks". I think it one of those things we have lost and its a sad thing.

Switching or moving to high ENY planes during prime time makes sense, however during  off peak times just a couple guys switching to another side can switch the ENY penalty.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2016, 09:10:01 PM »
Sometimes our squad is on different sides and we hunt each other.

That is a lot of fun.  I remember listening to Slash27 and 1Duke1 talk about everyday topics while they were fighting each other.  Jaeger and Molsman and many others and I do it in the AvA.  Lots of good thing come from having the squad split on different sides.

- oldman

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2016, 11:49:55 AM »
I've never ever been ENY'ed away from my A8...

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2016, 04:56:01 PM »
Spread the word AApache, they will not get perks unless they have been on side for so many hours.

Yesterday there 9 Rooks versus 32 Knights and 32 Bishop . Then the numbers jumped up to 56 Bishop and 48 Knights. A small portion were Rooks switching with hopes of getting free perk points with an impending war win and the rest just raged logged in the face of base loss after base loss. In just logged on this morning and again 8 Rooks versus 30 Bishop and 28 Knights. I frankly could care less about the side unbalance the perk points are awesome when we are outnumbered like that. The glass is half full and it's best we just try to find the positive in every situation. Thanks for the perkies Bishop/Knight :banana: 0Rick and I defended a base well over an hour agaist a handful of enemy players. Him resupping town which was close to our spawn point and me bombing M3's / T34's/M4's/Ostwinds and killing F4's launching from mind you a CV they had right by the base. Finally after an hour or so we got 2 more Rooks to join in and we kept the base. With that said it is great action and always somewhere to defend when we are outnumbered like that. If your an adrenaline junky like myself then 6 to 1 odds are much more fun and it pays well too :bolt:
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2016, 06:09:16 PM »

I have never been a big fan of side switching..... but if you are going to fix ENY with it.

Code in a few rules...

#1) Unlimited  number switching to the side with the lowest numbers. (no wait times) Guys looking for fight will like this.

#2) 6 hour wait to move to any side that has more players than the one you are on. (Still can move to lowest, as that number moves about during the day.

CAVALRY

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2016, 07:23:39 PM »
Some folks always want more handouts.
Well of course. This is how the world works.

Uh, isn't the perk multiplier higher if your side is outnumbered? There's the "award such as a small amount of perks". But then again, the player would actually have to fight and get some kills. ;)
Well, I'm thinking of all of the other successful games that give out various login rewards and perks for doing things in the game. Pretty much any large MMO gives out free "in game premium currency" in small amounts. It is attractive to customers and players to do things within the game. For instance, I stopped playing World of Tanks for quite a while, and when I went back they gave me 500 gold for completing various "missions" or objectives, totaling about 3000 gold.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2016, 07:58:33 PM »
when I cant fly my p51, I switch to the p47's.  little heavier girl, but it makes up with unlimited ammo.  but more than eny, what makes me log off, is either I am tired or the map itself.

eny is ok the way it is now.  I may not like it but I do understand it.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2016, 02:57:44 PM »
ENY is the only bad idea HiTech ever had because...

It's a complaint generator, but ends no complaining. It seems to me, it's a net loss in volume under the game's happy-surface.

vinkman   :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2016, 05:27:26 PM »
ENY is the only bad idea HiTech ever had because...

It's a complaint generator, but ends no complaining. It seems to me, it's a net loss in volume under the game's happy-surface.

vinkman   :salute

Not even close to the complaints that were pre ENY.

HiTech

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2016, 09:38:19 AM »
Not even close to the complaints that were pre ENY.

HiTech

Interested to know what specific category of complaints are lower now, then before ENY?  (hoarding, rolling bases, maps won too fast, ??) Because it isn't obvious.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2016, 09:57:46 AM »
Interested to know what specific category of complaints are lower now, then before ENY?  (hoarding, rolling bases, maps won too fast, ??) Because it isn't obvious.  :salute

I think it was ganging that was the biggest culprit. There were times when one team was being attacked from both sides for the whole month never mind an hour or two here and there. 

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2016, 10:16:14 AM »
ENY normally doesn't effect me because I fly all 20+ ENY planes for the most part anyways.  If you can manage to rack up some kills while low ENY in a High ENY plane, you can easily land 35-50 perks in a flight and do way better than any ol' stinking map win.

That being said, unfortunately the game play here lends itself to the people doing the mass base rolls are also not looking for a fight, so they tend to move areas with any sign of opposition.  That's when the game begins to suck, you're on the low numbers team and still can't find a fight.   #growapair #chumbawamba
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2016, 10:45:47 AM »
ENY normally doesn't effect me because I fly all 20+ ENY planes for the most part anyways.  If you can manage to rack up some kills while low ENY in a High ENY plane, you can easily land 35-50 perks in a flight and do way better than any ol' stinking map win.

That being said, unfortunately the game play here lends itself to the people doing the mass base rolls are also not looking for a fight, so they tend to move areas with any sign of opposition.  That's when the game begins to suck, you're on the low numbers team and still can't find a fight.   #growapair #chumbawamba

exactly, the game has become about rolling the base the quickest easiest way possible.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2016, 10:58:54 AM »

I have never been a big fan of side switching..... but if you are going to fix ENY with it.

Code in a few rules...

#1) Unlimited  number switching to the side with the lowest numbers. (no wait times) Guys looking for fight will like this.

#2) 6 hour wait to move to any side that has more players than the one you are on. (Still can move to lowest, as that number moves about during the day.

CAVALRY

HiTech, I hope you'll seriously consider this. This seems like the idea that could really help ENY work better (as envisioned?)...

There are only a handful of squads out there that are willing to side switch for balance, but it's tough to do with the 6 hour rule because numbers do fluctuate.

Basically we can't help you balance the arena numbers effectively with the way it is now.  Help us help you hehe :)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2016, 11:08:22 AM »

HiTech, I hope you'll seriously consider this. This seems like the idea that could really help ENY work better (as envisioned?)...

I already consider it many years ago .

There is a big hole in the idea. Say you are currently on the small side. You could switch to the big side, and then immediately switch back.

HiTech