Author Topic: Helping or Kill Stealing  (Read 1247 times)

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
Re: Helping or Kill Stealing
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2016, 10:09:07 AM »
I always get a good chuckle out of the guys who don't want help then they get indignant on range vox when nobody throws them a check six. Sorry bud, I will respect your request to leave your fight alone but that request also brings with it the assumption you can handle your own SA during that fight.
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2016, 10:13:26 AM »
Some of the best advice a new player can get right there!  I always check my 6 before engaging a target...see if I am being hunted!

I usually ask before engaging.  Most peeps ask before jumping in a 1-v-1 I am in.  I'll usually say "if you get a shot take it man" when asked.

What I dont dig are folks that dont ask and fly directly in front of me and into my stream of lead, i.e. when I kill shoot myself because some one needed a kill so bad they take you out in the process too. LOL!  Oh well its just a game right.

EDIT: If I see I am not the only one that has a shot on some bombers I'll usually say something like "going in on the one on the right" etc.  That nearly always works and everyone gets a piece of the pie.  :aok

The "taking the one on the right" helps a lot. I have done that for a long time.

I ask before jumping in if it's the only con in the sector and I have the luxury but generally leave them alone if I see a second con headed in, but if it's multi on multi I take whatever shots I am given.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 10:31:43 AM »
I always get a good chuckle out of the guys who don't want help then they get indignant on range vox when nobody throws them a check six. Sorry bud, I will respect your request to leave your fight alone but that request also brings with it the assumption you can handle your own SA during that fight.

:rofl  That's a new one for me.    Too funny.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 10:39:52 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 10:33:09 AM »
The "taking the one on the right" helps a lot. I have done that for a long time.

I ask before jumping in if it's the only con in the sector and I have the luxury but generally leave them alone if I see a second con headed in, but if it's multi on multi I take whatever shots I am given.

Wiley.

I even tell guys which one I've already damaged so they can decide on assist vs kill.   

I love hunting Buffs.   Used to hate it but finally figured out how to do it well.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2016, 10:33:27 AM »
Tell 'em T!  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2016, 10:42:57 AM »
Kind of gets me laughing too when guys think every friendly around them exists solely to support them.   Check their six or clear their six but by Gord you better not go after Their Target.

Appreciate the  check six, but never rely on it. You don't know what other  people are up to at the moment.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2016, 07:56:55 PM »
I guess there is a time and place for everything. Some of us, however, like to enjoy the fruits of our labor. Not fun to be in a protracted fight just to have some parasite who can't earn their own kills swoop in and clear your 12. You see a 1v1 and that red guy is no danger to you either ask, wait, or move along.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2016, 08:00:10 PM »
I guess there is a time and place for everything. Some of us, however, like to enjoy the fruits of our labor. Not fun to be in a protracted fight just to have some parasite who can't earn their own kills swoop in and clear your 12. You see a 1v1 and that red guy is no danger to you either ask, wait, or move along.

lilmak i have seen you enjoy the fruits of your labor.  but you fricking bastage have killed the guy that said he got you and me as I was flying away.  so no, I see you with another I'll fricking steal your kill and any others.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2016, 08:26:26 PM »
lilmak i have seen you enjoy the fruits of your labor.  but you fricking bastage have killed the guy that said he got you and me as I was flying away.  so no, I see you with another I'll fricking steal your kill and any others.

semp
Alcohol and writing can create incoherent statements, Limak likes to set up 1 vs 1s in the MA regardless if it turns out that way or not, try not to be dick semp.
Tip for all newbies to learn how to kill something in the MA.

1. - Follow vets into furballs who are obviously "not" DA vets.
2. - Follow them all through each go at a red guy.
3. - Shoot the red guy when he looks like he's about to finally loose the fight.
4. - Learn how to go oops and sound really sincere on VOX.
5. - By the third kill it's obvious and you need to find another fight.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2016, 08:28:04 PM »
Tip for all newbies to learn how to kill something in the MA.

1. - Follow vets into furballs who are obviously "not" DA vets.
2. - Follow them all through each go at a red guy.
3. - Shoot the red guy when he looks like he's about to finally loose the fight.
4. - Learn how to go oops and sound really sincere on VOX.
5. - By the third kill it's obvious and you need to find another fight.

But I like to be followed and used as bait  :uhoh
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2016, 09:02:50 PM »
Most guys don't realize when they are down in the deep doo doo, how long it really takes most planes to clear 2500yds (7500ft) without auguring. Or worse, to build up any E to get anywhere horizontally fast. Then even if the deep doo doo dude sees you at 2.5k from his monitor's perspective, from yours, he may be 3k away. All the time screaming it's all your fault if he looses his cartoon life.

So even if you come to his aid, you are never there soon enough for him, never shoot straight enough for him. And he will very often lead his pursuer to you for a perfect HO shot getting you killed for your altruism while he gets off Scott free. And you never get thanked. It has been my experience those that screech the loudest about your responsibility to keep them alive because they can see you, are the first to not be there when circumstances are reversed.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2016, 09:32:44 PM »

Many times that player crying about his kills is the same guy who is just furballin...

not taken bombs...

never kills guns on the base or town...

not going to put his guns on the blgs...

Gets mad if the incoming mission kills the fight hangers....

Runs away if once he finds out his target has a wingman....

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Online Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2016, 10:23:30 PM »
And he will very often lead his pursuer to you for a perfect HO shot getting you killed for your altruism while he gets off Scott free.

haha! Ya, the ole "help help" then fly straight at you.  That's the quickest way to keep me from helping out lol!
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2016, 11:36:02 PM »
try not to be dick semp.

Do you believe in miracles?
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2016, 02:41:16 PM »
  The MA is an open "combat zone", right?  So lets be clear, if it's RED is fair game, right?  I'm not asking for opinions, I'm provoking in-depth critical thinking about facts, regarding the standing of opposing forces in the MA, based on rules/regs/guidance etc from HTC.  (I'm not including that turd who actively tries to further destroy a spiraling aircraft you knocked the tail off already... that's lame, although fair I suppose)

I heard a conversation/lecture the other day (MA) about how certain folks didn't need or want help when engaged... they even stated "that's (getting unrequested "help") is why we went to the DA".   <<<<they really said that having come back from the DA.

Maybe I misread the whole thing.  But, we've established they don't want any help when engaged in a fight.  We've also established they know for certain there's a DA, and how to use it.  But they want to run around the DA having private fights?

Good luck. :rofl

There are many players who like to engage in a dogfight with someone unknown, in randomly determined matchups (wrt Plane type, alt, skill level, etc) and see how it turns out. As one of those players, I respect that their fun is finishing a 1v1, and so I always ask if a player wants help. many say "no", some say "Yeh, get down here and kill him for me"

It's polite to ask. Part of having a fun game to play is cooperating with other players to make the game fun for everyone. Maybe, and expecially your team mates.
Not asking your team mate before you ruin his fun is a choice you can make. It says you don't respect him enough care what he wants. You have that right.

But if you are coming on here to make an argument that you are justified in your rudeness, it's falling on deaf ears my friend.  :salute
Who is John Galt?