Author Topic: Helping or Kill Stealing  (Read 1248 times)

Online Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Helping or Kill Stealing
« on: January 27, 2016, 02:07:47 PM »
  The MA is an open "combat zone", right?  So lets be clear, if it's RED is fair game, right?  I'm not asking for opinions, I'm provoking in-depth critical thinking about facts, regarding the standing of opposing forces in the MA, based on rules/regs/guidance etc from HTC.  (I'm not including that turd who actively tries to further destroy a spiraling aircraft you knocked the tail off already... that's lame, although fair I suppose)

I heard a conversation/lecture the other day (MA) about how certain folks didn't need or want help when engaged... they even stated "that's (getting unrequested "help") is why we went to the DA".   <<<<they really said that having come back from the DA.

Maybe I misread the whole thing.  But, we've established they don't want any help when engaged in a fight.  We've also established they know for certain there's a DA, and how to use it.  But they want to run around the DA having private fights?

Good luck. :rofl
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Helping or Kill Stealing
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 02:33:47 PM »
  The MA is an open "combat zone", right?  So lets be clear, if it's RED is fair game, right?  I'm not asking for opinions, I'm provoking in-depth critical thinking about facts, regarding the standing of opposing forces in the MA, based on rules/regs/guidance etc from HTC.  (I'm not including that turd who actively tries to further destroy a spiraling aircraft you knocked the tail off already... that's lame, although fair I suppose)

I heard a conversation/lecture the other day (MA) about how certain folks didn't need or want help when engaged... they even stated "that's (getting unrequested "help") is why we went to the DA".   <<<<they really said that having come back from the DA.

Maybe I misread the whole thing.  But, we've established they don't want any help when engaged in a fight.  We've also established they know for certain there's a DA, and how to use it.  But they want to run around the DA having private fights?

Don't sweat it. When I wing with you I go out of my way to steal your kills and there's nothing you can do to stop me.    :neener:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 02:48:08 PM »

I assume the bolded part meant MA?  Yeah.  Some people expect that.  Some people also expect the enemy to come at them one at a time like a Chuck Norris movie to be defeated in single combat.

The MA is not Enter The Dragon.  It's more like the bathroom scene in The Raid 2.  You can fight  1 on 1, but you need to create the situation that allows you to do it, not expect everyone around you to bend to your whims.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 03:46:01 PM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I had to go pull up the reference. Yep, that's what it's like.

The MA is not Enter The Dragon.  It's more like the bathroom scene in The Raid 2. 
Wiley.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 04:44:10 PM »
I have gotten killed way too many times when I guy was having a 1v1 and as I was moving away, he got blasted then I did.  so if it's red, he's fair.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Online Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 07:16:34 PM »
Don't sweat it. When I wing with you I go out of my way to steal your kills and there's nothing you can do to stop me.    :neener:

Ya I know... I do it to Busy Gary too.  It's all fun!

Online Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 07:19:30 PM »
I assume the bolded part meant MA? 
Wiley.

Ya... typo.  Sue me!  :)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 08:13:05 PM »
Ya I know... I do it to Busy Gary too.  It's all fun!

My favorite thing to do to Gary is not clear his six until his wing is shot off.   :x
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 08:42:24 PM »
I hear people ask all the time whether I need help or to stay clear when I am engaged.

Sadly, it's always just as I fail to close the deal and my two turn window of opportunity has closed and I can't reply to say "help".

Some people are very polite and I should probably work on not busting in as often.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 09:13:46 PM »
I always try to ask before jumping in on a 1 vs 1. More often than not its "sure you can jump in". Now and then it's "No, I think I have him" and I watch to see if he does  :devil

I hope that other would do the same, unfortunately, it doesn't happen very often. By the time I work my opponent into a position where he has no choice but to be killed by me 1-3 other guys are clearing my 12 o'clock  :(

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 09:30:38 PM »
Tip for all newbies to learn how to kill something in the MA.

1. - Follow vets into furballs who are obviously "not" DA vets.
2. - Follow them all through each go at a red guy.
3. - Shoot the red guy when he looks like he's about to finally loose the fight.
4. - Learn how to go oops and sound really sincere on VOX.
5. - By the third kill it's obvious and you need to find another fight.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 09:54:33 PM »
A wise squad mate once said " if you think you're in a 1v1 in the MA, your SA has failed you". Pretty much nails it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 06:44:32 AM »
I will try to steer clear but if that red guys noses towards me I'll kill him.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2016, 07:13:45 AM »
I will try to steer clear but if that red guys noses towards me I'll kill him.

There lies the problem. I have been killed or damaged too many times by that con that they have while I went to another one. I prefer if it's red it's dead. Too many times you ask and they stammer to answer because they want to say yes but hate the implications. While they stammer you are hung there watching and not using your full SA. POP.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2016, 07:50:42 AM »
if you think you're in a 1v1 in the MA, your SA has failed you

Some of the best advice a new player can get right there!  I always check my 6 before engaging a target...see if I am being hunted!

I usually ask before engaging.  Most peeps ask before jumping in a 1-v-1 I am in.  I'll usually say "if you get a shot take it man" when asked.

What I dont dig are folks that dont ask and fly directly in front of me and into my stream of lead, i.e. when I kill shoot myself because some one needed a kill so bad they take you out in the process too. LOL!  Oh well its just a game right.

EDIT: If I see I am not the only one that has a shot on some bombers I'll usually say something like "going in on the one on the right" etc.  That nearly always works and everyone gets a piece of the pie.  :aok
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 07:57:45 AM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --