Author Topic: Today in the Beta  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
Today in the Beta
« on: January 27, 2016, 07:18:09 PM »
Had a really nice conversation with HiTech. Really standup guy, made me feel like my 2 cents mattered. Thanks, Dale!
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Today in the Beta
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 07:53:36 PM »
Watching him personally work the bugs in the online arenas during the alpha gave me confidence in the final product.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 09:08:13 PM »
He's been that way since the game started fellas.  Its always perfect when he's finished (gotta include his crew also).

It's been that way on all the Betas we've went through since the beginning.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 09:52:30 PM »
no surprise here, thanks for listening HT and crew.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 10:05:53 PM »
Thank,s
HiTech

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 05:00:53 AM »
Speaking to HT IMO is the inverse of reading his posts - reasoned, articulate, and engaging. 

Typing.  Sometimes not so much.  Haha.

I hope that the MA in the beta really starts to pick up soon, be great to have some large number fights going on with the new beta, not only for the fun, but for HTC's sake, to see how it performs with numbers going at it.  Be great to see HT et al in there like the old days when the game was in beta, as well as the AH2 beta.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 05:03:11 AM by Gman »

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 01:41:27 PM »
Speaking to HT IMO is the inverse of reading his posts - reasoned, articulate, and engaging. 

I hope that the MA in the beta really starts to pick up soon, be great to have some large number fights going on with the new beta, not only for the fun, but for HTC's sake, to see how it performs with numbers going at it.  Be great to see HT et al in there like the old days when the game was in beta, as well as the AH2 beta.
I plan to be in there myself tonight. :x
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 03:35:17 PM »
I guess he could put up a message AH2 closed for the day and a MOTD go to AH3 and try it. :x

Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 04:34:30 PM »
Maybe see you in there Ed.

RVflyer - that's a really good idea IMO, a MOD or pop up in the main game once HTC is ready to push it a bit more on the regular populace of players. 

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 05:21:42 PM »
The pop up, when HTC is ready to push beta, could even go the route of other companies and have a note:  "If you do not wish to see this pop up again, download AHBeta here: ????????link????? and login with your current AH2 playerID."   :police:

That will get some lazy procrastinators off their butts.  Also, should give some extended feedback, with a simple poll during initial login:  framerate above 15 FPS?  below 37 FPS? above 60 FPS?  This would be very useful considering most of the information would come from systems that are running default settings, and could help with default configurations.

Offline Bellator

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 01:39:07 PM »
I think one thing about this game I respect the most is the communication between the players and the developers. Whatever your problem is from billing with Carrie, a technical problem with Roy or a game gripe with Dale. This will listen and work with you. You don't find this kind of service anymore. I give them a five star rating everywhere......

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 02:53:01 PM »
Only 5 stars??  Heck, they deserve more than that for not putting me on the ignore list for all of my cockamamie ideas.   :salute

I'm not on the ignore list ....... am I?   :headscratch:

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 07:33:20 PM »
Only 5 stars??  Heck, they deserve more than that for not putting me on the ignore list for all of my cockamamie ideas.   :salute

I'm not on the ignore list ....... am I?   :headscratch:

No Chilli we all still love ya! :D
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2016, 11:14:33 AM »
Who you talking to JimmyD3? :)