Author Topic: White screen, smoke from muzzle blast  (Read 1048 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: White screen, smoke from muzzle blast
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 11:25:39 AM »
It says you have a 1920x1080 monitor set at 1680x1050 and you said you run Aces High at 1600x1024.  Have you tried setting everything to 1920x1080?  Right click your screen to select screen resolution.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2016, 01:19:16 PM »
He means 384 shader processors.  (Graphics cards are massively parallel compute devices and he's implying your's only has 384 shaders while his card has 800 of them.  It's all those parallel processors all working at the same time on different parts of the 3D image at once that make the generation of complex 3D graphics possible in real time.)

I used the 800 shader card for 18 months to test the closed then open alpha. GTX 650 were constructed with 384 shaders. 650TI and TI Boost were increased to 768. If he had either of the latter he would not be reporting as many issues.

The game has come down to:

Type of Video ram.
Data paths.
Band width.
Number of shader processors.

I have had the opportunity to test the game with a GT 9800, HD 6770, and now a GTX 760.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Wizzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2016, 08:47:08 PM »
Something I forgot to mention, I wasn't having the smoke issue before the update on January 26, not that I recall and after this evenings update I couldn't play in the "Thursday Night Tank fights in the AH3 AVA" arena, I kept getting the "ahbets.exe has stopped working" message every time I tried to launch to play (3 times). I went to the Crater arena and got in their just fine and didn't have the boot problem, tried to go back into the AH3 AVA arena and got booted again. I give up, think I'll go play Bubble Witch 2 on  FB...  :bhead :( :embarrassed:
Wizzy
When all else fails, ask someone who knows!