Author Topic: White screen, smoke from muzzle blast  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Wizzy

• Zinc Member
White screen, smoke from muzzle blast
« on: February 01, 2016, 09:24:19 PM »
I'm sure this has already been brought up, but I couldn't find the thread, when you fire your main gun their is a sec or two where you see gray (smoke)/white screen from the scope position and I've watched DeadMeat film of "M4 v town.ahf" and didn't see what I'm seeing. I'm attaching a .ahf for ya'll to have a look see and maybe it'll help explain what I'm seeing and is their a way to get rid of it.

On another note, is their a reason why the 88's were removed from the V fields?

I'm slowly getting use to the CraterMA map, but I'm still not their... just yet.
Wizzy
When all else fails, ask someone who knows!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: White screen, smoke from muzzle blast
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 02:03:42 AM »
What I see is just a few frames of mostly white, but it is gone quickly.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Wizzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 08:06:00 AM »
I've figured out what the white smoke is, in F3 view and looking at the tanks from rear and from a 45 degree, its gray smoke when you fire, but looking through your scope view all your seeing at first is a white screen, then it turns gray as it dissipate. You can't see the trajectory of your round because of the smoke/white screen when you first fire your round. Here is what I've found from trying all of the tanks this morning, all of these are in scope view...

Jagdpanther - little to no smoke

Jagdpanzer 38 (t) - little to no smoke

Jagdpanzer IV/70 - little to no smoke

LVTA4 - little to no smoke

M18 - white screen / gray smoke, also black squares on impact

M4A3 (75) - white screen / gray smoke, little black squares on impact

M4A3 (76) - white screen / gray smoke, little black squares on impact

M8 - no smoke or w/s but  little black squares on impact

Panther G - White screen and gray smoke

Panzer IV F - clear screen

Panzer IV H - white screen and gray smoke

Sherman VC Firefly - in normal view gray smoke and w/s, but in zoom view little to no smoke

T34/76 gray - gray smoke and w/s

T34/85 - gray smoke and w/s

Tiger I - normal view gray smoke and w/s but in zoom, little to no smoke or w/s

Tiger II - White screen and gray smoke in both normal and zoom view

I rebooted my computer just in case the little black squares had something to do with lag or me jumping between online and off, all the testing I done here are online. In my first post about this I didn't see the black squares and now its driving me crazy with it in some shots with different tanks and not all of them. I made changed to the graphic setting and nothing seemed to help, ya'll got any ideas. If you view either of these two films be sure you use the recorded view, you can see the black squares better.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 08:16:42 AM by Wizzy »
Wizzy

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 12:04:08 PM »
AH film does not record what you see. It's not video. It records events and plays them back according the PC system and settings. How they look depends on the PC and settings of each viewer. For example, if you have black squares from low video memory other people with more video memory won't see them on your films.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 12:23:01 PM »
Wizzy,

The Zeiss reticle, when you set range, put the point of the triangle just up under or about center of the track wheels for accurate range. If you had lowered your triangle you would have hit that first panther first shot. Helps to read the old manuals.

Playback from my PC everything was fine.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 12:24:37 PM by bustr »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Wizzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 02:26:30 PM »
I don't think I'm having any problem with this computer, I'm running 2x Geforce GTX 650 video cards, 32G of memory and an i7 3820 CPU, but then again, I didn't build this thing, ya'll tell me.

AH film does not record what you see. It's not video. It records events and plays them back according the PC system and settings. How they look depends on the PC and settings of each viewer. For example, if you have black squares from low video memory other people with more video memory won't see them on your films.

Old manuals... where do I find them... LOL, I've only been playing a couple of years and I've never used any range setup, mind telling me where to read up on this and how, to go about doing it. I've seen some threads on setting up the fighters but not on any of the tanks. I told ya'll I'm not real computer smart. :x

The Zeiss reticle, when you set range, put the point of the triangle just up under or about center of the track wheels for accurate range. If you had lowered your triangle you would have hit that first panther first shot. Helps to read the old manuals.
Wizzy

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 02:51:24 PM »
Well, the 650 cards are pretty slow and are handicapped in just about every area, compared to a 660, for example.  The memory bandwidth is about 50% slower than a 660, as an example.

Compared to 9800gt, which is the base card we are targeting, the 650 has the same texel rate, the same number of render output units,  and almost half the texture mapping units.  Now it is does have a higher bandwidth (about 30%), and higher pixel rates (about 40% higher), but that is about it.

How much dedicated video RAM does each one have?  If they are the 1GB variety, then yes, they are running out of video RAM if you have everything enabled and texture size set to 4096.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 03:05:32 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Wizzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 04:25:15 PM »
How much dedicated video RAM does each one have?  If they are the 1GB variety, then yes, they are running out of video RAM if you have everything enabled and texture size set to 4096.

Nvidia GEforce GTX 650 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 video cards is what its showing on my paperwork.
Wizzy

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 04:49:46 PM »
Geforce 650
GDDR5 - 2G
Data Paths - 128bit
Band Width 80 Gbyte\sec
Shaders - 384

I tested the game on an old XP machine with a GT9800 512M and that was pulling teeth. The primary card I tested with for 18 months since the closed beta started was a Radeon HD 6770 SC.

HD 6770 SC
GDDR5 - 1G
Data Paths - 128bit
Band Width - 80 Gbyte\sec
Shaders - 800

In 1024 mode I didn't have the issues you report. You might want to reduce your video texture mode to 1024. Our cards have similar data paths and band width. But my card has 2x the shader processors yours does. There is your problem.

Your amount of video memory doesn't matter if one of the other three specifications is below what you see with my 6770 graphic card. The amount of memory has more to do with the texture mode you can run if first the card has the grunt to push it down the data path. With the secifications on my card, 2048 was not nice to my FPS around numbers of other players. I ended up turning off post lighting effects in 1024 mode so I could test a 60 bomber mission with a giant cloud front and fighters. Went from 7-14 to 40-60 FPS.

So are your FPS 7-40 a lot with your texture mode in 4096?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Wizzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 06:21:52 PM »
I just checked and here is how my settings look, as you enter the game from start, my video resolution is set at 1600 x 1024, max texture set at 1024 and my CFV set at 100. Once in the game my graphics are... all the slides are to the left at or close to 1/4 from being as far left as you can slide them, environment map set at none and the only box's that I "don't" have a check in are the "Skins, Bump mapping, Detail and Reflections" You can't set it much lower than that can ya?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 06:24:38 PM by Wizzy »
Wizzy

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 03:22:10 PM »
You do have a low number of shader processors 384. I only turned off the check boxes with my 6770 that had 800 shader processors when I was around numbers of other players or AI. Never had to do it testing alone. I was able at that point to leave the defaults on at 1024 textures.

What happens when you do all of this in 512 texture mode?

Here are the specs for the GTX 9800  which is the minimum graphics card for the game at this point:

GDDR3 - 512M
Data Paths - 256
Band Width - 70.4 Gbyte\sec
Shaders - 128
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Wizzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 10:25:24 PM »
You do have a low number of shader processors 384

Whats a shader processors 384?
Wizzy

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 01:39:03 AM »
He means 384 shader processors.  (Graphics cards are massively parallel compute devices and he's implying your's only has 384 shaders while his card has 800 of them.  It's all those parallel processors all working at the same time on different parts of the 3D image at once that make the generation of complex 3D graphics possible in real time.)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 09:49:44 AM »
Nvidia GEforce GTX 650 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 video cards is what its showing on my paperwork.

Run DXDIAG, save the text file and look at it.  It will show the amount of dedicated video RAM, as well as the total video RAM.

It will show each card.

Have you tried disabling SLI?  Enabling it?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Wizzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 11:04:03 AM »
Run DXDIAG, save the text file and look at it.  It will show the amount of dedicated video RAM, as well as the total video RAM.

Have you tried disabling SLI?  Enabling it?

I hope this will answer your question... No sir, I haven't tried disabling SLI, I don't know what that is... sorry, I don't know anything about computers. Their is alot of stuff after I ran the DXDIAG thing, but this is the only thing I saw that said something about my cards. I would of pasted the whole thing... but their is alot of stuff and it would take two pages to put it all here... I think.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/4/2016, 11:43:34
       Machine name: XXXXXXXXXX-PC
   Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.151230-0600)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
       System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/16/12 16:20:51 Ver: 04.06.04
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
             Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16384MB RAM
          Page File: 2342MB used, 30424MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
      Display Tab 1: No problems found.
        Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
        Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
        Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
          Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D:    0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw:  0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay:  0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow:  0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
       Manufacturer: NVIDIA
          Chip type: GeForce GTX 650
           DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0FC6&SUBSYS_26513842&REV_A1
     Display Memory: 4038 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 1990 MB
      Shared Memory: 2048 MB
       Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (59Hz)
       Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
      Monitor Model: HP w2338h
         Monitor Id: HWP281B
        Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
        Output Type: HD15
        Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 10.18.0013.5906 (English)
     Driver Version: 10.18.13.5906
        DDI Version: 11
       Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
  Driver Attributes: Final Retail
   Driver Date/Size: 11/24/2015 18:10:29, 15717672 bytes
        WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
  Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4C86-11CF-E04C-5C061CC2C735}
          Vendor ID: 0x10DE
          Device ID: 0x0FC6
          SubSys ID: 0x26513842
        Revision ID: 0x00A1
 Driver Strong Name: oem34.inf:NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section032:10.18.13.5906:pci\ven_10de&dev_0fc6
     Rank Of Driver: 00E62001

Wizzy