Author Topic: Which player or squad is your best rival?  (Read 20883 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Which player or squad is your best rival?
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2016, 12:30:06 PM »
Rivalry infers two players who actually WANT to fight one another, that the balance tips back and forth occasionally and that the winner takes joy in beating his opponent.  In that light my biggest rival for a long time was SHawk back in the days we were both at or near the top of the overall rankings.  He was always vocal after his wins.  Not so much after his losses.  Second on the list probably goes to that Aussie Yak T pilot (forgot his name) of several years ago.  I might have to add NIKL5 to this list simply for his obvious glee on 200 when winning.

Good fights/pilots over the years but not necessarily rivalries go to Slapshot, NB, Ack Ack, Cobia and other's I've forgotten.

Finally, Fugi, give it up.  After all these years the few times I've ever run into you in the arena you've been embedded in the midst of a red horde and the few times you've beat me you were like the fifth guy in.  Play how you want but stop preaching.  We all know who the top fighters are.

You thinkng of Fariz bud?
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2016, 01:04:47 PM »
Or what happened to you!
I pop in from time to time, I just don't have a lot of spare time these days and I'm hoping that changes eventually. I was only about as forceful as a wet piece of toilet paper - anyone who has played with me can vouche. I also clear your 12, and leave you hangin' with 3 or 4 on your six.  :)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2016, 02:18:22 PM »

Didn't he live in one of the former Soviet states?
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2016, 02:31:31 PM »
I miss Morph ... not as a rival but as a friend. Wish a lot of the old guys could come back and at least try the new version . 

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2016, 02:37:33 PM »
Or all the blue knights.  Y'all were great rivals against the muppets.

Stang
Morpheus
KillnU
Jaxxo
Superdud
Sonic23
Leviathn
Drex
I know a couple more

Y'all were a force to be wreckon with at one point.

Some of them have come back under a different name for short periods of time ... some just will never be back most likely.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2016, 02:38:23 PM »
I miss Morph ... not as a rival but as a friend. Wish a lot of the old guys could come back and at least try the new version .

38 !!! What's up brother MAW ... lol :aok
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2016, 02:40:06 PM »
I pop in from time to time, I just don't have a lot of spare time these days and I'm hoping that changes eventually. I was only about as forceful as a wet piece of toilet paper - anyone who has played with me can vouche. I also clear your 12, and leave you hangin' with 3 or 4 on your six.  :)

Clearing the 12 was a Blue Knight specialty and highly regarded within the squad ... other around us didn't think so  :rofl
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2016, 03:03:50 PM »
Clearing the 12 was a Blue Knight specialty and highly regarded within the squad ... other around us didn't think so  :rofl

LMAO!!!
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2016, 03:10:01 PM »
Rivalry infers two players who actually WANT to fight one another, that the balance tips back and forth occasionally and that the winner takes joy in beating his opponent.  In that light my biggest rival for a long time was

~snip~

Good fights/pilots over the years but not necessarily rivalries go to :

in this regard to my editing of your post..

Dedalos and I seemed to carried on a longtime friendly rivalry in the CT/AvsA arenas through out the years...... others that were similar were Shane...well was a bunch of the names already posted in this thread.....as mechanic/batfink puts it: on any given day!

edit: I wouldn't say either of the players fighting 1vs 1, cheered joyfully if we won, we were more about it regarding giving one another an intense palm sweating multi minutes dogfight, regardless of who one...that was usually dependent on whoever made the first mistake....

TC
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 03:14:07 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2016, 04:07:01 PM »

No but you made me think about it.  It was Gixer.  If we were both logged on you could win a bet that we were going to end up in a one on one at some point and he just hated the fact I preferred to fly Spits.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2016, 05:22:05 PM »
Ded and Big!   Not so much rivals but great pilots who could beat anyone and didnt rub your nose in it.

I miss the hours of rolling scissors with Big,you'd either auger or run out of fuel!  There were a couple others you could count on to join in,Lengro,Batfink,Perv and I'm likely forgetting several others.

All these guys had the same attitude,competive but always willing to help were you messed up or admit when they messed up!   A rare breed ingame these days.

:salute

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2016, 05:48:47 PM »
Ded and Big!   Not so much rivals but great pilots who could beat anyone and didnt rub your nose in it.

I miss the hours of rolling scissors with Big,you'd either auger or run out of fuel!  There were a couple others you could count on to join in,Lengro,Batfink,Perv and I'm likely forgetting several others.

All these guys had the same attitude,competive but always willing to help were you messed up or admit when they messed up!   A rare breed ingame these days.

Exactly, especially the bolded part. Id add Morphine to that list as well just for the patience in his teaching. Never a bad word, always there to help.

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2016, 06:11:04 PM »
"The Flying Circus"  :mad:
Them and their noses and big feet! Whats with that little car anyhow????  :furious

:bhead
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2016, 06:15:55 PM »
"The Flying Circus"  :mad:
Them and their noses and big feet! Whats with that little car anyhow????  :furious

:bhead

EVIDENCE!

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2016, 06:27:13 PM »
I haven't seen Shamus in years.

I have noticed over the years that the "great sticks" have more going for them than ACM and SA.... they are invariably great shots and their shots are always lethal. It seems they learned better than most where the "hit boxes" (like my head) are located.

Like many players I suspect, I find my rounds to be pretty ineffective..... many hit sprites seem to accomplish little....long bursts are required to achieve anything.

Anyway <S> to those who have mastered it.

Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.