Author Topic: Which player or squad is your best rival?  (Read 20895 times)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
Re: Which player or squad is your best rival?
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2016, 09:03:39 PM »
If anybody thinks that the DA will quiet down the chest thumping on channel 200 they are sorely mistaken our egos simply won't allow that..IMHO
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2016, 09:06:05 PM »
If anybody thinks that the DA will quiet down the chest thumping on channel 200 they are sorely mistaken our egos simply won't allow that..IMHO
Nah... friends give each other way more leash than strangers.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2016, 09:09:10 PM »
Nah... friends give each other way more leash than strangers.
LOL true ... my apologies to the OP I just couldn't pass up the chance the yank on a few chains
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 09:10:51 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2016, 09:14:55 PM »
Your right, but Vudak has a point to an extent....also there is a better understanding of where the person is coming from instead of people throwing out stuff on 200 and the bbs ignorantly.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2016, 09:26:22 PM »
Your right, but Vudak has a point to an extent....also there is a better understanding of where the person is coming from instead of people throwing out stuff on 200 and the bbs ignorantly.
I agree... everybody knows my philosophy in the game I find people that beat me over and over and over again then I find a way to weasel myself into their hearts and make them my friends that way in the future when they kill me they will feel a little bit bad when that happens the chest thumping turns into gentle razzing on 200' I have no true enemies in the game there is nobody that I have hatred for in the game
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 09:41:00 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2016, 09:29:26 PM »

Yep
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2016, 09:37:48 PM »
Really though the best thing about the DA is that "most" of the guys who might come across as jerks in the MA are actually pretty cool in the DA, and after the two of you duel for awhile, "you" don't have to deal with their crap in the MA any more, even if you lost every fight in the DA.  That's worth its weight in gold in the MA.

Agreed.  Hey, that's how I met Vudak!

- oldman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2016, 09:46:12 PM »
some day most players will realize that this is just a game.  and the best part of this game is coming here drink a couple of beers and bs with some really cool friends.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2016, 08:36:48 AM »
Mathman was incredible in that thing.   Back in 2003-2005, I would wing both Engine and Mathman in Hellcats.  The knowledge gained was most excellent.

Damn ... almost forgot about Mathman ... He was the first Hellcat dweeb that I knew. How about Lephturn in the Jug ? ouch !
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2016, 09:31:17 AM »
I wonder whatever happened to wldthng.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2016, 10:03:34 AM »
I wonder whatever happened to wldthng.
Or what happened to you!
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2016, 10:31:15 AM »
Or all the blue knights.  Y'all were great rivals against the muppets.

Stang
Morpheus
KillnU
Jaxxo
Superdud
Sonic23
Leviathn
Drex
I know a couple more

Y'all were a force to be wreckon with at one point.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2016, 12:05:45 PM »
BG Anzac, Australian (and New Zealand) armor group (VU).
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2016, 12:06:54 PM »
Rivalry infers two players who actually WANT to fight one another, that the balance tips back and forth occasionally and that the winner takes joy in beating his opponent.  In that light my biggest rival for a long time was SHawk back in the days we were both at or near the top of the overall rankings.  He was always vocal after his wins.  Not so much after his losses.  Second on the list probably goes to that Aussie Yak T pilot (forgot his name) of several years ago.  I might have to add NIKL5 to this list simply for his obvious glee on 200 when winning.

Good fights/pilots over the years but not necessarily rivalries go to Slapshot, NB, Ack Ack, Cobia and other's I've forgotten.

Finally, Fugi, give it up.  After all these years the few times I've ever run into you in the arena you've been embedded in the midst of a red horde and the few times you've beat me you were like the fifth guy in.  Play how you want but stop preaching.  We all know who the top fighters are.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2016, 12:09:23 PM »
Rivalry infers two players who actually WANT to fight one another, that the balance tips back and forth occasionally and that the winner takes joy in beating his opponent.  In that light my biggest rival for a long time was SHawk back in the days we were both at or near the top of the overall rankings.  He was always vocal after his wins.  Not so much after his losses.  Second on the list probably goes to that Aussie Yak T pilot (forgot his name) of several years ago.  I might have to add NIKL5 to this list simply for his obvious glee on 200 when winning.

Good fights/pilots over the years but not necessarily rivalries go to Slapshot, NB, Ack Ack, Cobia and other's I've forgotten.

Finally, Fugi, give it up.  After all these years the few times I've ever run into you in the arena you've been embedded in the midst of a red horde and the few times you've beat me you were like the fifth guy in.  Play how you want but stop preaching.  We all know who the top fighters are.

I thought we were talking about the best players and squads. Very few of either remain.