Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Beta 4
« on: February 04, 2016, 03:15:09 PM »
New version up!

Your mission.....yada-yada-yada

Please post issues with Beta 4 in this thread. 

Thank you for all your support!
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
Re: Beta 4
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 04:05:49 PM »
Time to start testing!  :joystick:

By the way, was the CTD when airplanes crash to the ground issue fixed? I didn't see it in the release notes so I'm assuming it didn't...
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 04:51:26 PM »
HiTech,

Reading this "NOTE: it helps a lot to change the section of code that is NOT commented out."  brought this to mind.

Forgive me, I am a former teacher, and would have had to give this kid a correct answer for the above responses, just because it showed something that was unusual with a lot of youth today, a thought process.   :headscratch:

In all truth, it is sad to say, but it does show how the education system was not as thoughtful.  The question should have been worded much more clearly.

P.S.  I love your work, and appreciate these side notes.  They give us a clue to how frustrating it could be at times to work in coad, but hopefully way more fulfilling when completed.   :salute
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 05:40:58 PM by Chilli »

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 05:45:14 PM »
Attempted to populate Allied Bombing mission as 109 pilot.  Clicked on the close button for the Populate Missions menu, and got an immediate CTD (has stopped working message).

I hope the following is helpful:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          2/4/2016 6:35:24 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Blackbird
Description:
Faulting application name: ahbeta.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56b3b083
Faulting module name: ahbeta.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56b3b083
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001df8d1
Faulting process id: 0x9fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d15f9fcbec64e1
Faulting application path: C:\Hitech Creations\Patch 65\ahbeta.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Hitech Creations\Patch 65\ahbeta.exe
Report Id: f653d071-cb97-11e5-835f-001fd081fc6d

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 09:39:37 PM »
Updated and installed fine.  Started the Beta and played around awhile no problems.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 09:45:43 PM »
I had no problems downloading. 5 of us played in the AVA for tank night. I still see the trees flickering in the distances if that matters.

one of the guys, wizzy, couldn't launch at tank with out crashing to desktop. went into crater ma and didn't have the problem.

I went into crater ma. joined a mission and landed. then sat in the plane, engine off,  and tried to fix something with my setting and it crashed to desktop.

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 11:47:58 PM »
Would like to see the tracers brighter and with the trailing smoke.

Also, I would like the airplanes  separated  from the icons a little bit
more.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 02:14:23 AM »
I think there is another issue with the skin viewer. It looks like environmental mapping is being applied in reverse, so light areas on the map appear less reflective in the viewer than dark areas. As a test I made a negative image of my environmental map and the skin looked a lot better in the viewer.

Also I am not sure if the viewer is actually generating an environment to be mapped, i.e blue sky, green ground etc. With lighting off and the negative environmental map applied the shiny areas appear lighter as they should, but they still look monochrome.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 02:26:20 AM by Greebo »

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 02:21:10 AM »
Downloaded with no issues, even Avast didn't interfere. Went offline into the hangar to check the shadow issue mentioned in another thread.

The shadows are saw toothed and flicker.

Also the mouse movement is still laggy.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 06:20:26 AM »
Flew into radar tower in the 1 v 1 arena (IIRC) I was sent to the tower and a few moments later I got an EVENT message.  It said something about the scrape event continued longer than (something like that).

Sorry, was doing more  :cheers: than  :airplane:

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 08:27:18 AM »
Weird green light at dawn.

In mission arena (online), I selected 7 minute abs as a A6M pilot.  I was sent to O Club for a second, then spawned on the ground in a group of trees.  The rest of the Zeros spawned in around me.  Then I was air-spawned in the dark and there was a weird halo on the left side of my plane.  The engine sputtered to start and then the game crashed. 

Also When in F5 view, F8 doesn't allow you to look around like you can in F3/F8 mode.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:29:05 AM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 08:53:59 AM »
Update worked fine.

I also populated in a Zeke in 7-Minute Abs.  Spawned on the ground (in the midst of a jungle and Zeke traffic jam), but crashed to AH Menu at the air start.

No graphics issues.

Will test more this morning.

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 01:14:30 PM »
Checked it offline, around 7:30 am there is a green component to the yellowish light around your position as the sun is rising. I would venture depending on the graphics card and the monitor some would see this more green than others.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 07:02:00 PM »
This is a film from my offline gunnery terrain. Trying to show the features I built into it, I discovered watching the playback that right now there are film sound issues with GV. When the wirbel spawns, if you change from internal to external views, the engine startup goes into a loop. It then effects subsequent vehicles in the film. There are some moments even the aircraft engine sounds have issues. Also the clouds create playback stutters when they redraw at times.

Just playing on the terrain the only issue is stuttering from clouds and their shadows too dark. They are not as bad when I scale back the number and keep the Transparency around .100 - .150.

Tanks and manned guns do not show the gunsight views during playback. When the recording of my shooting at a CV from an 8inch battery plays back, the sounds are correct and destroyed object messages are correct but, this all takes place while sitting in the 88 to the NE of A1. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 08:55:53 PM »
Updated with no problem.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76