Author Topic: Map Idea  (Read 511 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Map Idea
« on: February 04, 2016, 09:47:17 PM »
Imagine a six-way sliced pizza.   Starting at 12 o'clock and working clockwise.   

Bish Nit Rook Bish Nit Rook.

Rather than having each country as a whole have them split in half and mixed together.  This could work with any map style/shape.  (I am not suggesting another pizza-shaped map.)

What am I missing?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 11:54:58 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: Map Idea
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 09:52:07 PM »
tomato sauce and parmesan!! LOL

sounds ok... but I think we already have a pizza map in the rotation

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 10:30:02 PM »
V and I never agree on anything but I think I'm liking this idea..strats maybe more vulnerable but that should up the game about defending then..+1
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 11:48:49 PM »
Imagine a six sliced pizza.   Starting at 12 o'clock and working clockwise.   

Rather than having each country as a whole have them split in half and mixed together.  This could work with any style.  (I am not suggesting another pizza-shaped map.)

What am I missing?

They will just fight over who gets what toppings

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 06:52:26 AM »
Imagine a six-way sliced pizza.   Starting at 12 o'clock and working clockwise.   

Rather than having each country as a whole have them split in half and mixed together.  This could work with any map style/shape.  (I am not suggesting another pizza-shaped map.)

What am I missing?

Just you making it....we'll see it in about 5 years
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 09:32:08 AM »
The original pizza map was like that. I miss that map. It had fights for everyone. Gv battles along an outer edge were they were left alone for the most part. Huge canyons which made fighting a challenge with more gv bases along the floor. Catching heavy dive bombers in those canyons  was always fun. The cvs ran in wide rivers that ran past bases every 20 to 25 miles. Some elevated, some right at shore level. Desert terrain which was different than the normal tropical forest that all the other maps had.

The pizza map we have now, while still a good map, is just a shadow  of the original.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 10:36:00 AM »
wow Vraciu! thanks for volunteering to make us a new map! lol :bolt:

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 04:27:18 PM »
I think that would be pretty interesting for sure! 
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 05:17:14 PM »
The original pizza map was like that. I miss that map. It had fights for everyone. Gv battles along an outer edge were they were left alone for the most part. Huge canyons which made fighting a challenge with more gv bases along the floor. Catching heavy dive bombers in those canyons  was always fun. The cvs ran in wide rivers that ran past bases every 20 to 25 miles. Some elevated, some right at shore level. Desert terrain which was different than the normal tropical forest that all the other maps had.

The pizza map we have now, while still a good map, is just a shadow  of the original.

Why was it changed?
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 05:22:53 PM »
The original was lost during one of the terrain upgrades. I "heard" that the original files were lost and so they couldn't them to generate the new version of the terrain. It was the only desert terrain MA map. Some people complained that the terrain hurt their eyes. I never had an issue with it, of course I never flew 300 a week either  :devil

It kinda looked like this.

When the map started your country would own a large piece of a third, and a small piece offset from the main. The CVs could navigate all of the water ways, and it was a large map so there were lots of bases. The bases on the outer rim were GV bases and were connected by spawns all the way around. As you lost one base the fight would just start up at the next base over. The terrain rose from the water ways to a high point in the center of the "pie piece" making the canyons start out low and get deeper and deeper.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 06:17:33 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 06:34:27 PM »
Definitely an improvement over the current layout. 

”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 06:45:46 PM »
AKPizza map
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women