Author Topic: Il2 and 777  (Read 2274 times)

Offline WaffenVW

• Nickel Member
Re: Il2 and 777
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2016, 09:52:51 AM »
I noticed that too. Must be a great scout vehicle. I didn't see any infantry so I guess they're not carriers.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 06:36:28 AM »
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 08:56:36 AM »
Yeah the cv90, it's an IFV. There are four variants of it in the game including the forward observer variant. It would be better if it had an atgm launcher like an IFV should.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 11:28:54 AM »
You guys we totally hijacked zach's thread! Awesome!
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 11:42:13 AM »
Yeah the cv90, it's an IFV. There are four variants of it in the game including the forward observer variant. It would be better if it had an atgm launcher like an IFV should.

(Although not operational, this was a demonstrator)
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 12:01:16 PM »
Seriously considering buying a permanent license for this game. It's a real deal old school sim, it's the Dangerous Waters of tank sims. And the permanent license comes with a hard copy of the manual and in this game you definitely need to RTFM.

There is a downside to your plan. :D
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2016, 12:29:35 AM »
You guys we totally hijacked zach's thread! Awesome!

I did notice :old:

It's an outrage  :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline WaffenVW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2016, 01:08:58 PM »
I don't understand what use an IFV gets from having ATGMs, other than making it more expensive so you can have fewer of them. I guess that's why most IFVs don't have ATGM launchers. Ambushing tanks is not an IFV's job and is best left to more dedicated AT platforms. If an IFV stumbles upon an enemy tank force its best course of action is to pop smoke and skedaddle. Not stop and remain stationary for half-a-minute while it erects a missile launcher, fires and guide a missile all the way to its target. The troops it carries are far more suited for setting up an ATGM ambush with crew portable weapons. Leave the IFV parked in dead terrain so the infantry can relocate quickly and unseen in the confusion after the trap has been sprung. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone but me?

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2016, 11:14:37 PM »
Because I said so motherdiddlyer.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2016, 04:38:38 AM »
What I took away from that film?

The estrogen is strong with these children......

THIS !!!
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2016, 04:48:38 AM »
THIS !!!
They're both combat veterans. You're just really old so they sound young to you. Now you're going on my ignore list for qouting someone on my ignore list. May god have mercy on your soul.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 04:57:07 AM by FLOOB »

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2016, 08:35:15 AM »
They're both combat veterans. You're just really old so they sound young to you. Now you're going on my ignore list for qouting someone on my ignore list. May god have mercy on your soul.

You appear to have reached this decision bases on reasoned and careful application of fact. As such I am honoured to be ignored by you, and hope you accept my sincere apologies for any upset my wanton quoting of people who are on your ignore list may have caused.  :salute
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2016, 09:19:28 AM »
 :rofl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario