Author Topic: .50 cal question  (Read 4572 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
.50 cal question
« on: February 07, 2016, 01:49:38 PM »
HT, It used to be that I could attacked any GV and de-tracked it, damaged the engine or take out the top turrent Mg gun. Not the case anymore.  What did you do to my jug's .50 cals?
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Re: .50 cal question
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 01:58:47 PM »
This is a very good question.  I've seen what a real ~single~ .50 automatic weapon can do... nuff said.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 02:02:15 PM »
the never ending question of has the .50 cal been nerfed.  I dont have problems getting kills.  I only fly the p51d.  so whatever.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 02:25:53 PM »
IRL .50 cal could do little to kill a tank in second half of ww2,you could damage individual parts, or individual tank crew members but to destroy it, you had to be very lucky.

Even the IL2 had a hard time doing it with its more powerful guns IRL , unless it attacked from ridiculous angle at later tank models.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 02:30:55 PM »
the never ending question of has the .50 cal been nerfed.  I dont have problems getting kills.  I only fly the p51d.  so whatever.

semp

Never said anything about not getting kills but what we can no longer do to GVs.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 02:37:55 PM »
I get tracked all the time by 50 cal and m18,m8,m16,m3 etc all will die by 50cal if you make enough passes engine or turret will go on a panzer you could take out a hetzers engine easily with a jugs 50s
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 02:40:18 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 02:39:34 PM »
I get tracked all the time by 50 cal and m18,m8,m16,m3 etc all will die by 50cal if you make enough passes engine or turret will go

I question your story on that. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 02:41:10 PM »
I question your story on that.
I had to add more but what I say happens to me all the time not sure about the t34s Panthers or tigers vs 50 cal
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 02:43:01 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 02:53:34 PM »
Nothing,
Zero,
Nada,
The absence of something.

HiTech

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 02:58:14 PM »
I had to add more but what I say happens to me all the time not sure about the t34s Panthers or tigers vs 50 cal

Are you sure it wasn't 20mm or bigger rounds or another tank.   I used to attack GVs all the time in the p47 will the result of detracted them.  Some time ago, few years back, something change that I can no longer do that.

Nothing,
Zero,
Nada,
The absence of something.

HiTech

Could you possibly check if the program got change that you might have missed it?
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 02:59:05 PM »
Never said anything about not getting kills but what we can no longer do to GVs.

ok let me explain a different way.  the real reason why gv's dont get tracked is because you dont see them from 6k like before.  so you have less time to line up.  I used to kill werbies in il2's at will, but when they stopped the f3 view on it plus decreased the distance to see gv's to basically zero (sarcasm).  I stopped getting kills in il2 or actually harder to get kills.  did they nerfed the il2?  not really.

semp

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 03:01:26 PM »

Could you possibly check if the program got change that you might have missed it?

wow is this like in terminator where the program became self aware?

semp

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 03:02:04 PM »
Are you sure it wasn't 20mm or bigger rounds or another tank.   I used to attack GVs all the time in the p47 will the result of detracted them.  Some time ago, few years back, something change that I can no longer do that.

No

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 03:02:28 PM »

positive..just me and 2 ponys at their base they had no ord the just worked me over pass after pass, first tracked then turret then tower I was in a panzer
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 03:04:38 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 03:08:46 PM »
ok let me explain a different way.  the real reason why gv's dont get tracked is because you dont see them from 6k like before.  so you have less time to line up.  I used to kill werbies in il2's at will, but when they stopped the f3 view on it plus decreased the distance to see gv's to basically zero (sarcasm).  I stopped getting kills in il2 or actually harder to get kills.  did they nerfed the il2?  not really.

semp

I have no problem seeing the GVs 15 to 20k.  I have no problem line up on for attack to put in enough rounds to do the job.

positive..just me and 2 ponys at their base they had no ord the just worked me over pass after pass, first tracked then turret then tower I was in a panzer

Do you have film on this?  If not film your GV runs and the result of .50 cals doing that.

Party pooper. 
No
Oaktree

56th Fighter group