Author Topic: What if?  (Read 1841 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: What if?
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2016, 05:26:15 PM »
What happened where?

...and why is the DA so dead?

I recall you mentioning something about "reading comprehension".    :uhoh
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2016, 05:27:18 PM »
"There's none so blind as those who will not see."

You were given your answer but apparently not the one you wanted.

Yep.   

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2016, 05:28:30 PM »
Tumor, I think your idea is fantastic.  Don't let the guys that know what they are talking about and have experienced the dismal failure that resulted from implementing your idea years ago.

Please, by all means, implement your idea personally and maybe it will catch on.  Every time you are killed log for 24 hours.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2016, 05:29:52 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2016, 05:36:28 PM »
I have always believed  that one of the biggest dumbest things about AH/AW was.... unlimited planes at a base.

You can have a useless furball or a so called GV battle at spawn point all day long and know one never runs out of planes or tanks.
World War 2 online does a much better job at this than AH, limited numbers of equipment per base that must be resupplied if it is lost in combat.
This would end the food fight between "win the types" and furballers... Furballing would help win the war/battle just by using up the others sides equipment.

Not the same as one life per hour........ but you you would have fly wiser knowing that you need to get that plane home again or run out of them.

CAVALRY
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2016, 06:00:17 PM »
I have always believed  that one of the biggest dumbest things about AH/AW was.... unlimited planes at a base.

You can have a useless furball or a so called GV battle at spawn point all day long and know one never runs out of planes or tanks.
World War 2 online does a much better job at this than AH, limited numbers of equipment per base that must be resupplied if it is lost in combat.
This would end the food fight between "win the types" and furballers... Furballing would help win the war/battle just by using up the others sides equipment.

Not the same as one life per hour........ but you you would have fly wiser knowing that you need to get that plane home again or run out of them.

CAVALRY

Think this through to it's logical conclusion:  nobody will fight unless in the safety of a gang.   The fight will die, as will the game.   

People enjoy the "useless" furball and spawn camping or they wouldn't exist.   How do you think they came to be?

You want more realism?   Enjoy climbing out for forty minutes in FSO.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2016, 06:10:34 PM »
Cav, now lets look at your idea from the "griefers jaundiced eye".  There are griefers that love to disrupt anything they can, including their own team mates.  One could up Spitfire 16's one after another and crash them to stop anyone else from flying them, or any other aircraft for that matter.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2016, 06:28:18 PM »

CAVALRY

we had that in AW and it sucked.

semp

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2016, 08:00:41 PM »
Cav, now lets look at your idea from the "griefers jaundiced eye".

Odd you do not see a lot of that in WW2OL... maybe we have the wrong type of players in AH. But they have a much more structured game environment than we do.

IRACING with 60,000 members  100's of races a day, but you don't see players driving backwards at Daytona. Why? They get reported and banned from the game.

we had that in AW and it sucked.

You sir, I do not think played AW, because never we never had that in AW. :headscratch: But I still think it was need.

People enjoy the "useless" furball and spawn camping or they wouldn't exist.   How do you think they came to be?

They still can furball or camp, but now it is part of the war effort. And at some point one side or the other wins. In most cases the side with the best Pilots!
Think about it you're outnumbered on the defense at a base....But your side is killing them at a higher rate and you can break the back of the attackers by exhausting their supply of planes.

And also maybe do away with eny... You can't do a set number of plane types at each base. AW has to many, so it would have to be a point system something like let say....
500 AC pts at a small base, 1000 AC pts at a mid base, 1500 at a large base. So if your side has the largest population your ride is going to cost more to use than the lower populations.... but you still get that P-51D if that is your ride of choice.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2016, 08:52:10 PM »
cav, you sir didnt play aw because there was a limit of how many airplanes could up from a single base.  and it sucked.

semp

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2016, 09:33:25 PM »
From a "staying alive standpoint" lets just be honest, if you don't fly a very fast plane, and/or be very fast at all times, you will be deadmeat most of the time. In an arena such as the MA, where all different time zones and regions can fight against each other, "staying alive" is very difficult against late war super planes.

Flying mid war and early war planes in the MA is a challenge in itself. Imagine if now all these late war plane pilots really had to stay alive. There would be no point in flying harder planes because dying would end the tour.

You have to realise that A. The majority of the arena really isn't up to par with legit ACM training, pilot training, and squad tactics like in real life. Most of them haven't the slightest clue what they are actually doing.

B. Puff ack and Attacking bases would totally suck. 

C. Try staying alive for an entire tour with more than 2 kill/sortie and 150 kills. It's actually much harder than you think to stay alive at all times in the MA.

I play to stay to alive in many of the special events like FSO, Combat Challenge, This day in WW2, also, in Tour Jan-2015 for a bet in a Tempest. I love when the plane matchups are on the same scale in terms of time and region. I use quick aggressivene strikes and make sure to drag opponents into 1v1 situations. At times you do have to extend away if there are more than 3 following you. If you get cought with 3 cons and you cannot out run them, it's GG 85% of the time. You really have to look around you to make sure you can make attacks or dive without a high con following. You cannot shoot at a plane too long. You have to make sure when you shoot no one is trailing your 6.  It's very smart to stick with your friendlies, but if you are comfortable with defensive manuevers in a 1v1 and a high con jumps your 6, it's sometimes better to drag them out 1v1 away from the fight. Diving is your best friend.  If you can kill them, it gives you time to get some alt or go rtb. If you are too aggressive you will get jumped. If you are too timid you won't get any kills.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 09:43:21 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2016, 01:43:22 AM »

AW didn't have unlimited planes at a base, it has a zone limit that only allowed 20 players to take off from any given base.  If there were more than 20 taking off from a base and you wanted to up there, you had to wait until a spot opened up.  If you didn't land, you lost your place and had to wait until a spot opened up.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2016, 01:44:39 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 09:33:34 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2016, 01:45:31 AM »
:airplane:  WOOSH

The guy is a troll.     He's sharting in another thread unprovoked.   
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2016, 01:48:11 AM »
Ding Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner.
Thats exactly what happened.

As I have stated before, when you make not dieing so important the way to not die and win is not to play.

HiTech

You can force fights if you have the proper player/space ratio though. 

It's just that people won't ram, bomb and bail, vulchtard, etc. if Tumor's theory were in place (or something like it).

You might see better fights.   People would use real tactics and not some of the silly stuff based on an "all rides are easily replaced" mentality.   Sure would be a lot less abuse on 200 toward those who fly smart in any case.

It is an interesting theoretical discussion. 

Theory.  Probably not the best idea in reality.   But...good to chew the fat.

I don't know what variable would create the ideal balance between aggression and smarts.   Would be nice to find it, though.

Cheerio!

:salute
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 02:31:56 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned