Author Topic: Beta 5  (Read 6753 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Beta 5
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2016, 08:25:20 AM »
I'm seeing the same issues with the bridge approach ramps that I saw with the single maprooms. Most of the ramps aren't picking up the underlying terrain type.
JPGs attached.

Are those bridges you are putting into terrain? If so they just happen to get included in the build but are not complete.

HiTech

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2016, 10:33:53 AM »
I thought they were probably still under construction but wanted to supply some early feedback.
Under the 4 bridges I tested with water craft, the LVT2 and PT didn't survive the crossing.

The surprising height and shape make perfect sense to me after crossing one of them. It seems very well thought out.
 :aok
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2016, 11:04:10 AM »
Chilli, got your message. I appreciate you're trying to help me. Go on with the work that needs to be done.  Our cat Sadie just had kittens, all is right with the world.  :salute

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2016, 07:01:22 PM »
I was flying a F4U-4 at A1 on the crater map & was using several hat switches on my joystick & I noticed the whited out edges of my view rotating around as I moved the button.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2016, 08:05:51 PM »
I was flying a F4U-4 at A1 on the crater map & was using several hat switches on my joystick & I noticed the whited out edges of my view rotating around as I moved the button.

Im having these same problems when using TrackIR.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2016, 09:04:01 AM »

This is fixed for the next patch, has to do with clipping the ocean when looking down.

HiTech
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 01:25:40 PM by hitech »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2016, 12:26:28 PM »
I haven't really been following but I'd like to report that I've been having some strange sound issues with the new system;
The He111 engine stop playing all sound after a few seconds after start up.
The external sounds on an aircraft are playing only at very close range.
When bombs explode, dropped from a formation, it seems that the sound system gives up playing any explosions but for a raspberry sort of sound bug, but no problems on single drops.
Also flak sounds are intermittent.

:salute
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
262 Engine Sound Levels
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2016, 09:57:31 AM »
There appears to be an issue with the 262 engine sound levels if toggling the engines on/off at full throttle.  If you let the engine wind down completely then restart it comes up fine, however if you toggle the engine on/off before the shutdown noise has finished playing the engine goes silent.  I tested it in the air at speed and the levels remained silent for the flight.  I tested on the ground at full throttle and brakes applied and was able to get the engine noise to restart at normal levels once throttle was manipulated down then back to full.  Might be a combination of airspeed/engine RPM conflict?
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
Re: 262 Engine Sound Levels
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2016, 10:15:27 AM »
There appears to be an issue with the 262 engine sound levels if toggling the engines on/off at full throttle.  If you let the engine wind down completely then restart it comes up fine, however if you toggle the engine on/off before the shutdown noise has finished playing the engine goes silent.  I tested it in the air at speed and the levels remained silent for the flight.  I tested on the ground at full throttle and brakes applied and was able to get the engine noise to restart at normal levels once throttle was manipulated down then back to full.  Might be a combination of airspeed/engine RPM conflict?

Thanks, all engines have this issue at the moment.

Also in the future please post all bug reports in the thread labeled "Beta X" It helps us keep track of what version the bug was first reported in.

HiTech

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2016, 03:09:22 PM »
I searched and could not find a thread about this...Why is the default straight ahead view the way it is? I know, I know, it can be changed.

I know how to change it and already did, but what's the purpose of having it so low?

Why have a default view that has to be changed in every plane? I rarely have to change the default straight ahead view in AH2.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2016, 03:25:34 PM »
I searched and could not find a thread about this...Why is the default straight ahead view the way it is? I know, I know, it can be changed.

I know how to change it and already did, but what's the purpose of having it so low?

Why have a default view that has to be changed in every plane? I rarely have to change the default straight ahead view in AH2.

To include gauges in the view.

HiTech