Author Topic: Please rate these scenarios:  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Please rate these scenarios:
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2016, 10:10:45 AM »
They are all fun.  THE one that stands our for me far and above all others was the 12 Scenario.  Personally, I'd like to see that as a first Saturday of every month thing, thank you.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2016, 10:44:13 AM »
They are all fun.  THE one that stands our for me far and above all others was the 12 Scenario.  Personally, I'd like to see that as a first Saturday of every month thing, thank you.

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2016, 01:05:02 PM »
You could run that like 4 separate missions where you even end on load the logs every three hours. Everyone land battle for this frame has ended. Get a 1/2 hour to reset. Then start logs and go again.
Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2016, 05:12:45 PM »
Interesting idea.

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2016, 05:31:48 PM »
Frame 4 last Saturday was almost like that.....
Ditto  "WHITE 11"

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2016, 07:01:17 PM »
Yep.  I was glad, as I think it is a lot more fun for a strategic-bombing battle to have another synchronized start.

Thank you, Ditto, for that.

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2016, 09:14:26 PM »
 :aok
Ditto  "WHITE 11"

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2016, 10:27:15 AM »
I was a dabbler (onesie frames) before last year.  The major barrier being my own very slow maturity in the game.  Age and treachery plus personally aligning with VERY experienced scenario leaders has made the difference for the 'new me'.  I can't stress enough the importance of leadership coming to the fore in a Scenario.  Every current leader should be growing their own replacements.  The more leaders, the better. 

I really enjoyed ToT last May - flew every minute of it (while certain others dropped unconscious on their couches for the last hour...ahem).

+5 -- Southern Conquest (Jan, 2016)
+5 -- Target for Today (May, 2015) Awesome all day event.
+5 -- Battle Over the Winter Line (January, 2015) My first scenario design.

Keep up the good work and keep building the leadership corps.

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2016, 06:47:30 PM »
+4 -- Dawn of Battle (Early 2009) Another awesome event. A lot of fun.  :aok

My P-40E taking down Stampf.

Shooting down Tuefl.

Fun event  :aok
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 06:52:00 PM by swareiam »
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2016, 03:08:16 AM »
The ones I can remember

5  -- Battle of Britain 2013 (Sept, 2013)
-5 -- Mediterranean Maelstrom (March, 2013)
5  -- Der Grosse Schlag II (October, 2012)
0  -- Winter Sky Death Ground (March, 2012)
3  -- Road to Rangoon (May, 2011)
5  -- Battle Over Germany (Jan, 2011)
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2016, 07:48:57 AM »
In order from my participation:

Enemy Coast Ahead (2011): +5 My first scenario ever I flew in frame three I believe it was.
DGSII: +++++++++++++++++5 My first full scenario in which I was part of the command staff for the 355th Fighter Group, and led the group on our last mission over Germany. This scenario helped inspire to do my historical fiction writings for scenarios :) Also my first scenario were I became ace and survived all sorties...(Should have killed Ditto at least once) :D
Battle of Britian: +5 I mean what's not to like about 109E's, Hurri I's and Spit I's.
Pacific War: +5 Also made ace this scenario and survived, I really enjoyed the first three frames. I think the PTO 1942-1943 setups are really awesome.
Target for Today: +5 Didn't make ace this frame, but didn't really care either. Led the 355th FG for half of the scenario, and made a really good friend, AkRaider. He was my wingman.

I'd really love to see another DGSII, a Midway or Coral Sea Scenario, or 1942 Luftwaffe vs Soviet Union scenario.
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2016, 09:44:07 PM »
+3-- Der Grosse Schlag II (October, 2012) - 109K4 pilot. A great try at the original DGS. Some flaws were fixed while others came up.
+3-- Winter Sky Death Ground (March, 2012) - Flew a 262 so of course I had fun. Forcing people into GVs has never been very welcomed, but a good air setup.
+5-- Battle Over Germany (Jan., 2011) - P47 pilot. Best event since DGS. The true rolling planeset was great, the immersion was there, there were simply no flaws with this.
+2-- Philippine Phandango (July, 2010) - P38 squadron. Filled in as Allied CO after some complications. Fun setup and time period but the outcome was inevitable due to the late war planeset, the Axis cannot keep up.
+2-- The Final Battle (Feb., 2010) - Ar234 GL. A great setup that was plagued by rules being bent. It was nice to incorporate some planes that you don't see often (152, 234/262, Spit 14/16, Tempest). Even though this was a "what-if", it was easy to get immersed.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2016, 05:15:18 PM »

3+ The Pacific War (June, 2014)
4+ Battle of Britain 2013 (Sept, 2013)
4+ Der Grosse Schlag II (October, 2012)
3+ Winter Sky Death Ground (March, 2012)
0   Enemy Coast Ahead (October, 2011)
3+ Road to Rangoon (May, 2011)
5+ Battle Over Germany (Jan., 2011)
1+ Philippine Phandango (July, 2010)
2+ The Final Battle (Feb., 2010)
3+ Red Storm Krupp Steel (Oct., 2009)
5+ Tunisia (2009)
2+ Road to Rangoon (??)
5+ Der Grosse Schlag II (1st one ?=2005 or 06)
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Joker312

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2016, 08:32:19 AM »
I have participated in 90% of these scenarios for the last 15 years or so. Point of fact, it is why I came here after AW died.

I am probably in the minority but I enjoyed them all. I know balance is important to many but not so much to me. The design teams do an excellent job trying to balance things and make it playable for all but there are going to be times when that just don't pan out for one reason or another. I also don't mind being on the challenged side as I like being able to accomplish objectives when many believe they are impossible. (That really dosent happen much in these setups IMHO).

I believe the best thing about them is getting together with others who are interested in the history and tactics involved in the particular setup. Keeping the time period alive through a game is just another way to keep the memory of the real participants as well as the history alive.

To comment on what I believe your looking for.

1) I really enjoyed the 12 hour run. I have seen some players suggest things that may enhance it but I would personally not want to see a time change for the reason that Flossy has stated.

2) The only thing I really dislike is the allocation of plane types in numbers that were not historically correct. I suppose that this will never change because we have to attract people to fly on the underdog side.

3) Would like to have more of them if it is any way possible.

Please keep up the good work and if there is anyway I could help, please let me know.

Joker
80th FS "Headhunters"
FSO Squad 412th FNVG

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2016, 12:42:42 PM »
Thanks, Joker!  :aok