Author Topic: Help decide what the next scenario should be  (Read 7245 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Help decide what the next scenario should be
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2016, 10:31:46 AM »
I just want to throw my 2 cents in here real quick. 

I'd like a scenario where we all get the good stuff.  The perk planes, the planes many of us fly or want to fly when possible in the MA.

I know it would be an alternate history scenario but I'd like to see the allies with B29's Tempests, P47M/N's, P51's, Spit14's and 16's etc. against the Luftwaffe's finest, ME262's, AR234's TA152's and Dora's.

Maybe the plane set is unbalanced because of the technological advantage the Germans had with their Jet Aircraft, I understand that.  Balance might be adjusted by simply weighting the allied side with more pilots than the Axis.

I am prepared to be beat up after school by the flagpole for this wish.

:devil
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 11:13:27 AM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2016, 07:05:23 PM »
We have had 163's, 262's, and 234's in scenarios before (BOG, the Final Battle, DGS II, etc.).

I'm not a fan of them.  I think that they they are unbalancing and frustrating except to the tiny number of people who get to fly them.

All of the prop planes are OK, and we have late-war ones in scenarios from time to time.

The Pacific War

Winter Sky

Der Grosse Schlag II

The Final Battle

Operation Downfall

Offline Popsman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2016, 12:37:54 AM »
A and D

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2016, 12:29:37 PM »
I just want to throw my 2 cents in here real quick. 

I'd like a scenario where we all get the good stuff.  The perk planes, the planes many of us fly or want to fly when possible in the MA.

I know it would be an alternate history scenario but I'd like to see the allies with B29's Tempests, P47M/N's, P51's, Spit14's and 16's etc. against the Luftwaffe's finest, ME262's, AR234's TA152's and Dora's.

Maybe the plane set is unbalanced because of the technological advantage the Germans had with their Jet Aircraft, I understand that.  Balance might be adjusted by simply weighting the allied side with more pilots than the Axis.

I am prepared to be beat up after school by the flagpole for this wish.

:devil

I love the Idea but b29s would have to be capped at 25k or only the ta152s will catch them/be in the fight.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2016, 03:06:48 PM »
I love the Idea but b29s would have to be capped at 25k or only the ta152s will catch them/be in the fight.

In The Pacific War, alt was capped.

I was worried about attacking B-29's in Japanese fighters, but it was about the same as attacking B-17's or B-24's.

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2016, 09:42:21 PM »
Granted I know we already have something in the works but I would love to see another North Africa event were I can fly my B25s in that sexy desert camo.

Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2016, 02:06:31 AM »
I love North Africa, too.

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2016, 05:01:55 PM »

The most-frustrating thing for me is when I go into the MA and try to get players who have never tried a special event to try it once.  Most of them will not give it even one try.  To me, it is like going up to someone who eats hamburgers every day, which are fantastic, high-quality hamburgers, yes -- but he's never heard of steak.  You try to convince him to have a free dinner of prime porterhouse steak, baked potato smothered in butter, and nice glass of wine, and he isn't interested in even trying it once.

Some people do not want to expend any energy beyond, "yup, right now I want to get online and shoot down some airplanes.  Nothing more, nothing less. That's all I want right now, so the MA is fine. Don't bother me."
Others don't have any real desire to try and experience the historical events, nor military simulation. They have no desire to exercise the discipline and patience required to participate in a scenario or FSO.  To them it seems all a bore.  Others are just not joiners or have no sense of adventure.  We are mired in the Age of APATHY.
Somehow we have find a hook to get them to experience the adrenaline rush of a scenario frame just once.
What would be nice would be a simple one time, one frame demonstration FSO/Scenario-type event, with some kind of incentive (the 'carrot') to get people to join just that once.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2016, 05:05:00 PM »
Otherwise, I'm all for A as I haven't been in one yet, and any scenario except F.  I like Luftwaffe planes.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2016, 07:07:00 AM »
Otherwise, I'm all for A as I haven't been in one yet, and any scenario except F.  I like Luftwaffe planes.

Hey Sloe maybe we can wing up again for this scenario it's been awhile sir  :salute

Good to see ya buddy hope everything is well :cheers:
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2016, 02:46:51 PM »
So any idea when the next scenario is to take place. My health issues completely took me out of the last one :bhead :bhead :bhead. I don't want to miss the next one for sure :old: :old: :old: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :salute :salute :salute
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2016, 02:55:52 PM »
So any idea when the next scenario is to take place. My health issues completely took me out of the last one :bhead :bhead :bhead. I don't want to miss the next one for sure :old: :old: :old: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :salute :salute :salute

June.

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2016, 08:17:24 PM »
They say... "Great Minds Think Alike".   Had the same idea when I saw your post Mr. BFoot.  We'll have to see where we're both heading to signup next scenario. 
FYI - I'm basically healthy again, after a very horrible 2015, and I have a big, new powerful video card all ready for AH III.
Take care.
Jagdgeschwader 77

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2016, 06:23:20 PM »
What Yaks are in this scenario and do they have leadership and staffing?  Pigs are interested.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2016, 07:40:07 PM »
The plane set is:

La-5FN
Yak-9T
Yak-7b
P-39Q
Il-2
Tu-2S

Bf 109G-6
FW 190A-5
FW 190F-8
Ju 88A-4

For status of leadership positions, please contact SubwayCH (as LW CO) or ROC (as VVS CO).