Author Topic: New players and people who want something different from Aces High  (Read 1743 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
This game has such diversity, that its a shame people either don't get a chance to use it all, or don't take the time to find out about it all. I see new guys looking to get into it, and getting frustrated, I see guys that have been here awhile and getting bored with it. let me make a few constructive suggestions.

New guys: if you're getting creamed all the time, ask for some help. sometimes even from the guy that killed you. many are willing to help you, some wont. if that doesn't work, go to the training arena and look for morfiend, he's awesome as a trainer! any of the other trainers are great too. they still help me out at times and ive been playing for almost 10 years.

bored guys and new guys: try some of the more organized events in the game. there's usually a little less face shooting or dweeby stuff and its a lot more fun in my opinion.
suggestions:

Join a squad or a different squad: new guys, this would be helpful to you in helping you get better at the game and have someone to talk to, to show you the ropes if you will. Bored guys, changing squads might help give you a new perspective on the game. could help keep you interested. http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/board,19.0.html

FSO--Friday night squad operations: 3 Friday nights a month at 11pm EST. you have to be part of a squad, so if you want to check it out, my group, JG54 will always take new guys, if we know about you ahead of time. yes this is a shameless plug for jg54, but heck I'm writing this!!

Monday Night madness in the AVA arena: Monday nights in the AVA from 8-10pm EST-- its a free for all with the midwar planeset, but we have a couple of rules. It stays pretty civilized for the most part, for a couple of hours on Monday nights.

Extreme Air Racing league: Tuesday night at 1000pm EST in the Special Events Arena(SEA). Beardawg runs it and its a ton of fun, and extremely exciting.

AVA staff squad night: Tuesday night at 9Pm EST in the AVA arena. also a fun free for all. most people are less likely to Ho you and its a good chance to meet the guys that run the AVA.

Wednesday Night Snapshots: once a month of Wednesday nights, they have a "day in the war" events. very interesting very fun and very diverse, always something different.

Thursday Night tank fights: every Thursday night in the AH3 axis vs allies arena, we have a tank battle. we get to test out the new game for htc and have some fun at it. always something different.

Scenarios: the occasional scenario's that come up. join up with them, volunteer as a commander, immerse yourself some and make the game fun!

KOTH: King of the Hill--- twice a month on Friday nights at 5pm EST, there's a king of the hill event. It's a same plane free for all, last man standing is the winner!

for those of you who are bored, and even new guys: get more involved in the game. talk to the AVA staff(another shameless plug) or the CM staff about becoming a CM for one of the arena's. they could always use new blood, new ideas and new fun!!

the arena staff always needs help running things or trying new things. FSO guys need people to create and execute good setups on Friday nights. they could use terrain builders too.

with the new AH3 coming there will be plenty more for people to get involved in.

talk to people, talk to CM's, talk to trainers. if you're new ask, if you're bored get involved!

these are all just suggestions to help make the game fun for you. it is what you make of it. see the ahevents page for other options http://ahevents.org/

Well I hope some of these suggestions make it fun for you, if you're new, or fun for you again, if you're bored ! if not, you can always contact me and we'll get you started in the right direction. I'm always around to help.

if some of the information above is off base, please feel free to jump in and straighten me out, but lets try to keep this one constructive.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 08:34:12 AM by captain1ma »

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: New players and people who want something different from Aces High
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 09:07:01 AM »
 :aok :cheers: :airplane: :joystick: :old:
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 10:00:27 AM »
The only thing I can add would be ... If you want some help one on one, please feel free to talk with the AvA staff. A few of us are always willing to help!!
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 10:44:47 AM »
I want to add that all new players are welcomed!  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 02:03:02 PM »
Great write up Capn! :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 02:47:45 PM »
Excellent and constructive post. :salute

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 03:45:08 PM »
Well said!  <S>

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 04:21:30 PM »
Excellent and constructive post.

That's Jaeger1; never an unkind word, always good thinking, working for a better outcome.

I wonder if he goes home at night and kicks his dog...

- oldman

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 07:29:44 PM »
Couldn't have said it better!
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 02:29:40 AM »
If you give me $20 you can join my squad.
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 06:07:27 AM »
Might help if more players looked here at the board. 
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2016, 07:29:46 AM »
Might help if more players looked here at the board. 

I agree, maybe people should announce the bbs address in the game now and then on 200 or on country.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2016, 10:10:50 AM »
On the htc main page, they only need to use the Forum menu and don't need to remember the address.

Remind them to bookmark the bbs in their browser once they find it.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2016, 04:01:20 PM »
Most of the events and alternate arenas and FSO and stuff only work if you live in the US or are unemployed.

But hey, we all know it's my fault for being a foreigner.
Retired

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2016, 05:15:40 PM »
so, get a little more involved and run something at new Zealand/Australian time? it would be awesome to have people running stuff not only EST but also NZ/Australian time. and maybe some English ones too, to run Greenwich mean time! 24 hour a day party!!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 05:19:34 PM by captain1ma »