Author Topic: AHFilm  (Read 642 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
AHFilm
« on: February 25, 2016, 12:40:35 PM »
AHfilm with the beta has been fantastic, and the lack of previous bugs and crashes has made life making films every much easier and saved a good amount of time.  :rock

One wish I have is that;
At the moment we have a start and end to a moving camera, but no way of changing the middle of the camera's movement. A pointing camera in a static position can only zoom in or out but not both in the same shot. To allow for more dynamic camera work I wish that there was a middle option activated by a check box and the same set of options for placement we have now. That way we could zoom out as air aircraft approaches the camera and then zoom in as it zooms on by, simply by placing the middle position next to the aircraft. It would also help other camera movements.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: AHFilm
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 12:58:39 PM »
If I understand you correctly, you can do what you want, but it takes three shots instead of one.

Setup a camera shot for the first leg.
When it is done, use the end point of the first shot to establish the start point for the second shot.
Repeat as often as you like.

Take the generated AVI's and put them together in your editor and the shots should be very seamless.  I have used this technique on a couple of the help videos.

Does that accomplish what you want?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 01:06:35 PM »
AHfilm with the beta has been fantastic, and the lack of previous bugs and crashes has made life making films every much easier and saved a good amount of time.  :rock

One wish I have is that;
At the moment we have a start and end to a moving camera, but no way of changing the middle of the camera's movement. A pointing camera in a static position can only zoom in or out but not both in the same shot. To allow for more dynamic camera work I wish that there was a middle option activated by a check box and the same set of options for placement we have now. That way we could zoom out as air aircraft approaches the camera and then zoom in as it zooms on by, simply by placing the middle position next to the aircraft. It would also help other camera movements.

Would a split shot at current position accomplish what you wish?

HiTech

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 01:51:49 PM »
Thanks Skuzzy, that is one way of doing it, but time consuming with having3 shots.
I think HiTech might have it with a split shot, if the split allows for; POV changes/reversals, positional changes. But I am not sure how the split would work in keeping the shot seemless.
Would it be easier to add an extra stage going from Start and End as we have now to, Start, Middle and End?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 03:17:28 PM »
It would be really nice if you could create an animated 3D camera that you could keyframe, edit coordinates by dragging, and easings, but I think it would be very difficult with the film viewer as it is today.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.