Author Topic: PT Boats  (Read 548 times)

Offline Zeta

• Zinc Member
PT Boats
« on: March 02, 2016, 10:46:13 AM »
Fun stuff........ but although very realistic for a PT boat to be tossed about in the chop in the open ocean......it may be too much...especially when in long pursuits......and it definitely hinders gun firing to a very high degree....  I give it a "too realistic"...and would welcome a toned down water chop.....once the boat is moving...

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Re: PT Boats
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 10:34:30 PM »
Honestly, considering that PT boats were pretty much death incarnate for low-flying aircraft over water under AH2 (GOD I hated when TGs started mass spawning PTs once the carrier went down), a bit of chop to mess with their aim is probably a GOOD thing.

I kind of wish we'd get a little bit of rolling on the task group, too, both to add a bit of challenge to naval gunnery, and because right now the task groups feel unnaturally stable. It would certainly make flight ops a bit more interesting.  :D
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Zeta

• Zinc Member
Re: PT Boats
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 07:13:27 PM »
Honestly, considering that PT boats were pretty much death incarnate for low-flying aircraft over water under AH2 (GOD I hated when TGs started mass spawning PTs once the carrier went down), a bit of chop to mess with their aim is probably a GOOD thing.

I kind of wish we'd get a little bit of rolling on the task group, too, both to add a bit of challenge to naval gunnery, and because right now the task groups feel unnaturally stable. It would certainly make flight ops a bit more interesting.  :D

Gotta tell ya I agree on all accounts......... been playing in there a while now.......and gotten used to the rolls....if makes you become a better gunner......you just cannot keep squeezing the trigger anymore......or 2/3s of your rounds will now go into the water, or into the sky.