Author Topic: book: Royal Prussian Jagdstaffel 30  (Read 1791 times)

Offline RJH57

• Copper Member
book: Royal Prussian Jagdstaffel 30
« on: March 04, 2016, 10:07:53 AM »
"I love this cool boring and gnawing at the heart until suddenly the full recognition of the danger sets in, almost like the salamander of a dagger. Slowly and uncannily it causes the soul, which weighs horror and delight on a precise scale, to grow pale. They are moments of extreme tension and even deathlike stillness, unforgettable external monments in which one's entire life crystallizes in a tiny point, a luminous nothingness. They occurr in almost every air battle, but also while trying out some sort of new aerobatic figures which the machine might not withstand.
 I am convinced that these moments constitute the secret love of most flyers, at least the most daring of them. And even those who do not want to admit it, or really do not know what puzzling paths their tendencies tread, are proud of the mysterious exhalations of beauty and danger which surrounds their profession.
 ... I do not know who I should admire more, the tenacity of the defender who does not give up or the blind doggedness of the attacker who does not let his victim out of his clutches as long as he still has a round in his gun and a drop of blood in his heart. One of the two must fall... Both are conscious of their ability and wrest the last measure of performance from their machines."
 ~ Lt. Otto Fuchs, Royal Prussian Jagdstaffel 30, October 1917
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 12:14:00 PM by RJH57 »
"In Fighters, one must always quest to be
     a well-oiled machine fore Belching,
Whoring and Punching of Heads because
 inevitably the Goal is to flame the Enemy
            and Screw his Old Lady"

Offline RJH57

• Copper Member
Re: book: Royal Prussian Jagdstaffel 30
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 10:18:18 AM »
How the hell do you delete one of your own posts ? I tried to insert an image which did not work so I want to delete my entire thread. How in bloody hell do you insert an image from your local machine (NOT a web url !!) into a post?? Pasting full path of local image file between the {img}{\img} tags does NOT work!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 12:08:12 PM by RJH57 »
            and Screw his Old Lady"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 10:34:15 AM »

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 08:59:58 AM »
How the hell do you delete one of your own posts ? I tried to insert an image which did not work so I want to delete my entire thread. How in bloody hell do you insert an image from your local machine (NOT a web url !!) into a post?? Pasting full path of local image file between the {img}{\img} tags does NOT work!

You need to upload the image to a file/image hosting service and use the url from there. I prefer to use dropbox.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 09:33:01 AM »
1 How the hell do you delete one of your own posts ?

I tried to insert an image which did not work so I want to delete my entire thread. How in bloody hell do you insert an image from your local machine (NOT a web url !!) into a post?? Pasting full path of local image file between the {img}{\img} tags does NOT work!

1. You can't.  Once you've posted it, only an admin can delete it.  Best you can do is delete everything and say 'nevermind' or 'nothing to see here, move along'...etc.

2. Some Categories of this board will allow you to upload/attach images from your computer to be stored on the host.  This category is not one of them. 

AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline RJH57

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 10:12:39 AM »
OK, now I understand. Thank you for the reply APDrone, appreciate it.
            and Screw his Old Lady"

Offline RJH57

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 10:14:28 AM »
You need to upload the image to a file/image hosting service and use the url from there. I prefer to use dropbox.

THANK YOU! Appreciate your reply.
            and Screw his Old Lady"

Offline RJH57

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 10:41:09 AM »
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 10:43:18 AM by RJH57 »
            and Screw his Old Lady"

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 11:13:27 AM »
Excellent book for WWI enthusiasts
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2hsnkarul0cnwm/RoyalPrussianJagdstaffel30_cover.jpg?dl=0

To show the picture directly in your post put the image file in the "public" directory under your dropbox directory. When it has been uploaded (green check mark on the icon) right-click on the file and select "copy public link". Just paste that link in between the img tags in your post.  :aok
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline RJH57

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 12:23:00 AM »
To show the picture directly in your post put the image file in the "public" directory under your dropbox directory. When it has been uploaded (green check mark on the icon) right-click on the file and select "copy public link". Just paste that link in between the img tags in your post.  :aok

No luck. Did not see a "public" directory so I created one. Moved files there but inserting link in {img} tag did NOT display the image in Preview mode. Also did NOT see any "copy public link" option. Perhaps only available if you upgrade Dropbox account ? But thanks for your efforts!

http://webapps.stackexchange.com/questions/41464/i-dont-have-a-public-folder-in-dropbox
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 12:29:05 AM by RJH57 »
            and Screw his Old Lady"

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 08:46:12 AM »
Doh! You're right! I've been a dropbox user since beta so I still have the public folder option. Bad move on dropbox' part if you ask me. I suggest trying http://imgur.com/ then for image hosting.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 08:50:56 AM by GScholz »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2016, 11:10:30 AM »
Photo bucket.