Author Topic: This community is toxic...you ALL need to understand this  (Read 18081 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: This community is toxic...you ALL need to understand this
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2016, 12:05:53 AM »
Potato.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2016, 03:17:13 AM »
I got a free month when I told him  :rofl

If it was not for the banter I would play Warbluder :old:

There was a guy on before Christmas who was going to do unmentionable things to me when he found out where I lived.

:rofl

AH is awesome and Fess is a moose fetler!
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2016, 08:02:20 AM »
Well, now that you're here whining about the thread content it does. ;)

My statement was a simple recognition of facts.   :aok
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2016, 08:17:45 AM »
My statement was a simple recognition of facts.   :aok

aka: a whine about the thread you couldn't ignore. ;)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2016, 08:23:38 AM »
aka: a whine about the thread you couldn't ignore. ;)

Defending the scattering of dumbdust?  Good plan, lol.  Its funny you're the only one that took offense.  wink wink.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2016, 08:27:55 AM »
Defending the scattering of dumbdust?  Good plan, lol.  Its funny you're the only one that took offense.  wink wink.

Don't confuse amusement with offence. I didn't stumble in complaining/whining then pretending to be butch in a faux macho-bravado manner.  You're just as unintentionally funny as I remember.  :D

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2016, 09:50:56 AM »
I still haven't gotten over the OP. Why would they call a Runstanger a Picktard?  :D

My real question, "why the drama?"

As noted, it's a video game. It won't help you get girls. It won't put money in your pocket. It won't even put g-loads on your mass.

Toxic? I think not. Enjoy the nice interplay. Where else can you get this kind of thrill so cheaply? It's virtual life and death and a cheap source of intensity of feeling. Just don't mistake it for real life. That would be an error in thinking.

As for internet forums, yes, people behave as if they can't be touched... because they sort of can't be. It all just comes with the turf.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2016, 09:59:37 AM »
PJ, just a little correction of your post, some video games actually do pay money, some payoff huge amounts....just saying

Good morning AH'ers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2016, 10:05:41 AM »
I still haven't gotten over the OP. Why would they call a Runstanger a Picktard?  :D

My real question, "why the drama?"

As noted, it's a video game. It won't help you get girls. It won't put money in your pocket. It won't even put g-loads on your mass.

Toxic? I think not. Enjoy the nice interplay. Where else can you get this kind of thrill so cheaply? It's virtual life and death and a cheap source of intensity of feeling. Just don't mistake it for real life. That would be an error in thinking.

As for internet forums, yes, people behave as if they can't be touched... because they sort of can't be. It all just comes with the turf.
You're not getting paid???  (Lol) you just haven't found the secret power ups yet.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2016, 10:21:31 AM »
PJ, just a little correction of your post, some video games actually do pay money, some payoff huge amounts....just saying

Good morning AH'ers

TC

So I've heard (amazing, isn't it?). If this was for something like THAT, I could see people taking it a good deal more seriously.

I also recognize that nobody comes in here wanting to be a sucky cartoon pilot. That's just healthy.

But, I remember seeing even Grizz get ganged and shot down once. It's a sport. sometimes you lose.  Fess' accuser was simply being a bad sport. I don't think that indicts the forum or the sport itself.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2016, 11:29:40 AM »
Unless someone starts it on 200, it's like any other channel, well behaved. If you walk into a bar and spit in some random guy's drink, you will get a fight. So 200 is the sanctioned spit in people's drink channel to round up all the toxic weenies in one spot to MOD them. And lots of guys with nothing better to do like watching other guys hissy fit at each other with the off chance a MOD will elevate the drama. MODS know where the dorks are and the nice folks can ignore them while they hissy fit on their own toxic channel.

It's better than some 10 year old's mother seeing or hearing it on range.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2016, 07:17:14 PM »
I think the solution is to have channel 201 proclaimed as the new "safe space".  Trigger warnings will be mandatory before any typed comments made on this channel.  Micro Aggressions will not be tolerated on "Safe/201".  Every player on Safe/201 will have moderator powers.

We have nothing to lose but our chains.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2016, 08:41:38 PM »
I think the solution is to have channel 201 proclaimed as the new "safe space".  Trigger warnings will be mandatory before any typed comments made on this channel.  Micro Aggressions will not be tolerated on "Safe/201".  Every player on Safe/201 will have moderator powers.

We have nothing to lose but our chains.
Everyone needs a safe zone!
Safest place being 200 of someone's tail blasting them to smithereens :joystick:
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: March 08, 2016, 08:59:11 PM »
Everyone needs a safe zone!
Safest place being 200 of someone's tail blasting them to smithereens :joystick:

you should have been on our squad chanel, thinking of all the ways we could pronounce your name.  took like 10 minutes it was funny.  btw dont rage quit with what I came up with.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2016, 09:23:39 PM »
There comes a time when you stop caring what people think....especially on the internet. I was online when that was happening Fess...sometimes you just gotta let it go and not give a crap what others say. I left the game last year because I was getting fed up with it. I hated the toxic atmosphere, mostly surrounding Skyrr...not really BECAUSE of my personal interactions with skyrr, but because of how everyone reacted to him and EVERY single time i would log in, he would be arguing with someone new every night. Did he deserve all the hate? I dont know, but he did bring it on himself because he had the biggest ego/mouth ive ever seen in a video game. He just HAD to be right. Its a shame because he was an excellent player. Seeing that every night just kind of turned me off to the game. I came back because other things in life made me realize that this game means absolutely nothing. I get the same negative attention as you do for flying planes that are not "approved" by the AH elite...i just dont care anymore.When people PM me now or question why I fly a certain plane, I just either ignore them or have fun with it.  I know what brings me the most joy and since thats the whole point of the game, thats what I am going to strive for. If that gets someone mad at me...eff em. If you cant let things slide off your back, you are going to spend a lot of time arguing on 200. I am very guilty of doing that in the past, but every day I make a concerted effort to bite my tongue. You may wanna try that and see how that works. I had a good time winging with you the other day. You seem like a good guy. If you dont get drawn into battles on 200, I think youll have a much better time in game.