Author Topic: Why do players leave?  (Read 5361 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why do players leave?
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2016, 01:36:26 PM »
People leave because they are forced to or because they want to.  There really are no other reasons.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2016, 01:40:09 PM »
I'll be here till they pry my pony from my dead cold hands. eny permitting.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2016, 03:34:21 PM »
True, oh king of oinks, very true.  Within those two reasons though, there are many, many sub folders, but yes, I agree, it comes down to  being either of those two.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2016, 06:24:13 PM »
People leave because after playing the same video game for some time they get bored of it and find something else to do. That's normal. You weirdos that stick around for years are the exception not the norm.
:x
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2016, 06:54:49 PM »
Zack,

FLOOB has been around about as long as I can remember. Guess he's a weirdo too.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2016, 07:11:56 PM »
Zack,

FLOOB has been around about as long as I can remember. Guess he's a weirdo too.

Floob doesn't have to be around long for folks to figure that out!  :old:  :neener:  :D
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline fscottee

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2016, 12:44:08 PM »
They'll be back.  Anyone who loves the competitiveness of WW2 combat will be back.  AH is currently the only WW2 online combat with massive persistent arena, and player score rankings, very unique.  That's the key ingredients.  War Thunder is not massive persistent.  Although I do love the graphics and flight models, there is very little in competitiveness.

How do I know?  Well I've been here and gone several times since 1999.  I think my first nickname was corn, but it was several things through the several times I signed back up.  All these years later, I'm still at it.  I'll cancel in a few months, then be back in a year or two.  That's just the way it goes.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2016, 01:27:56 PM »
I once deleted my Hitech account and someone else got it.

Hehe I been Shuffler all along.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2016, 01:28:42 PM »
Your all weird  :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2016, 02:49:49 PM »
YOU'RE dammit, YOU'RE! No pie for you!  :banana:

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2016, 03:04:18 PM »
They'll be back.  Anyone who loves the competitiveness of WW2 combat will be back.  AH is currently the only WW2 online combat with massive persistent arena, and player score rankings, very unique.  That's the key ingredients.  War Thunder is not massive persistent.  Although I do love the graphics and flight models, there is very little in competitiveness.

I stopped  messing with world of Planes / now called War Thunder, after Alpha testing , then closed Beta testing, and what you have posted above that is bolded and underlined.....

I guess I might should check their flight model out if they figured out how to fix the issues back then...

25+ years of online gaming and modem to modem 1 vs 1 playing before that...... we old farts finally get burnt completely out, on trying to keep up with the game one loves most, and testing any thing that might be a competitor game, to compare them, over all these years....

I have yet to find anything close to AH though, in flight model comparison, except for AW and WB, in which , the creator/owner worked for AW and created WB before creating AH.....

you could say I am a bit biased probably, heh

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2016, 03:39:57 PM »
I guess I might should check their flight model out if they figured out how to fix the issues back then...

TC

The FM is still a joke at WT
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2016, 03:54:20 PM »
GameID's are cleaned every week day on deleted or inactive free time accounts accounts.

HiTech

My gameID seems to have too much starch lately, where to we complain about this cleaning???
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2016, 05:39:05 PM »
Because spring and then summer arrives and some people would rather be outdoors :bolt:
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2016, 06:02:08 PM »
The FM is still a joke at WT

Thanks for the heads up AKAK, saved me from wasting my time. much appreciated

<S>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC