Author Topic: Beta 11 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 4010 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Re: Beta 11 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2016, 11:03:28 AM »
Quote from: Skuzzy
Action: Because it bugged Easyscor SO MUCH, I rounded the display of the X/Y/Z cursor position instead of truncating the numbers. :) I must have wasted at LEAST one day of my time for such an intricate change of %d to %.0lf
:rofl

Wengmahn Bummers are fly'in bakwerds...but I think it's alwredy repourted.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2016, 11:04:27 AM »
I don't think this is a new report, but I have received the attached error message from the in-game update process flow.  In patch 8/9 and 10 I was not able to run the game after seeing this and downloaded the full patch and performed clean installs.

For patch 11 I saw the error but the game executed normally.  I didn't do the full install this time.

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2016, 11:13:18 AM »
I don't think this is a new report, but I have received the attached error message from the in-game update process flow.  In patch 8/9 and 10 I was not able to run the game after seeing this and downloaded the full patch and performed clean installs.

For patch 11 I saw the error but the game executed normally.  I didn't do the full install this time.

:salute

Errors like that should not be ignored.  We cannot fix them, by the way.  It is usually due to some anti-xxxx software, like Avast or Kaspersky (both of which have been having a ton of false triggers with AH3) or you are running AH3 off of an SSD.  It seems there are SSD's which cannot handle the speed of the file deletes and copies being made by the patcher.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2016, 11:39:49 AM »
The message in the TE when running either Object Report or File>Check for Errors reads "Missing shape [ah3eifl2] etc

Clearly they are there because it will build for off-line use.

Thanks
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2016, 11:55:53 AM »
Similar to Drane.  Entered and exited couple of arenas.  Was killed in mission so quit. Then went to crater MA and right after, I had the stop working crash message.  Here is the data:

Exception Offset:   0002c93e

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2016, 01:38:31 PM »
I tried to join the large bombing mission twice, with no luck.

The first time, i was put into flight for about 1 second, and kicked to tower.

The 2nd time, I was in flight for about 5 seconds in a b17 and the game crashed hard.

I've got everything maxed out besides the updates and it runs well otherwise.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2016, 01:49:22 PM »
was finally able to get into flight in the bombing mission.  AI was very jumpy but FPS held up "okay" when the swarms of fighters would come through. 

tried to get into the tanking map, and game hard crashed again like in my previous post.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2016, 02:33:10 PM »
Patch installed without issues. 

Tower FPS at AI CraterMA patch 10 207,  patch 11 187.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2016, 03:07:39 PM »
Beta 11 patch installed with out any problems  on my i7 system

Went into each available arena and checked things out from tower and from F5 / CM eye, in each arena  Missions, Melee, events, etc ( each individual arena )

I thought I had posted the  different PC's I been testing on ( 3 different ones currently ) and had posted FPS for each patch, Like we did back during the framerate tests for Beta Patches 4, 5, 6 & 7...... but doesn't appear I relayed my notes I had wrote down for Patches 8, 9/10....my apologies

Beta 10 Patch: FPS for my i7/4 GB VC system in CraterMA = 183 using the default settings like we did for the previous patches

Beta 11 Patch: FPS with same configuration has dropped to 164

I see that FLS above, also had a drop in FPS..... I thought it might be due to my i7 PC has been running for nearly 5 days straight .......figured a fresh Cold Boot would improve my FPS

be nice to start flying in the Beta 3, like we did back in AH2 Beta..... maybe we could schedule some meet times to get 25 to 50 of us in there and really runout the game on our PC's.... something similar to like the Monday Night Madness, Jaeger1 and the AvsA Staff has been running in the AvsA arena for us on Monday Nights, as of late.......

( ok, time to go update the other PC's with the new Beta 3 Patch 11 )

TC

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2016, 05:00:44 PM »

Offline drone move backward.
---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
---------------------------
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2016, 05:11:35 PM »
I built out some new cliffs and increased the exposed stone surfaces on my terrain. Just noticed my FPS around them dropped into the 40's. I had to climb to 10,000ft over them before looking at the exposed stone tiles had my FPS back to 60. I'm using terrset00 and below outlined in red are the three tree\stone tiles I'm using on my terrain.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2016, 06:41:38 PM »

The issue of the Quit button is back. I'm forced to bring up the taskmanager if I forget to Alt F4.

I had meant to confirm before, but I have never seen any shawdows below the clouds.

Video Comparisons and issues:

------------------
Test for stability.
Test FPS with all things disabled.

Beta patch 4 - 73
Beta patch 5 - 113
Beta patch 6 - 84

Beta patch 11 - My thinking is I should report ~86 but that's before the clouds build in.
Frame rates are ~86 before the clouds build in and then they drop to ~81.

A1 in CraterMA
When entering the game with the video testing setup, I get multiple screens of low video memory with RTF=...400 and alternating format=.....32 or 51 errors.

Normally for the game, I reduce the texture sizes to 2048 and max everything else. except Post lighting or Shawdows so I can see what I've built. That leaves me with frame rates in the high twenties for game play.

Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2016, 07:48:20 PM »
Spent shell casing ejection is back!   

Good to see - however it has the same sorting problem that the engine start exhaust smoke did (thanks for fixing that) - it always appears on the opposite side of the plane from you.  If you are below the wing looking up, it appears the casings are coming out of the top of the wing.   

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2016, 08:24:53 PM »

When entering the game with the video testing setup, I get multiple screens of low video memory with RTF=...400 and alternating format=.....32 or 51 errors.
It turns out that those Error messages never stop scrolling. They completely fill the text buffer and anything that the System or I type into the buffer is gone before I can read it.

Where's bustr's head bump when yo... Oh, there it is.  :bhead

Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline DeadMeat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2016, 11:08:27 PM »
Clouds/shadows still flickering.