Author Topic: Beta 11 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 4007 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beta 11 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2016, 03:22:42 AM »
Terrain Editor - Reporting

Maybe I'm not understanding these two commands.

I'm testing the "Level terrain on square objects" and "Set All Tiles To Terrain Height".

I imported a hight.raw and then copied over an .oba file.

The dialog for "Set All Tiles To Terrain Height" gives the expected message about use after height import and I executed the command. The trouble was, the square tile objects didn't match the terrain seamlessly.

When I followed up with the "Level terrain on square objects" command the square objects seemed to pop up above the terrain on little hills.

This oba file was originally from a converted terrain I'd unfortunately been playing with but when I opened the properties, an alt value was in place. All I needed to do was click apply and the objects settled seamlessly into the terrain. I checked the oba file and each object already has an alt value that will work much better then what I saw tonight with the menu selection. The thing is, I didn't put those values there.

What I found to work best, hands down, was Saving. That works as advertised and it does what I expected "Set All Tiles To Terrain Height" to do, or it seemed to work best with this particular terrain.

Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2016, 04:03:38 AM »
I uploaded a new version of CraterMA and ran into a couple of problems.

First I have added some new fields and the default field country assignments for these new fields have not been updated online to match the fld file I included in the upload. The fld file in the host folder has the new fields listed correctly and the fields are correctly assigned in the terrain offline.

Second I had the beta crash a couple of times as I entered the terrain and moved to a new field. Here are the crash reports:

Faulting application name: ahbeta.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56e0734e
Faulting module name: ahbeta.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56e0734e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002c93e
Faulting process id: 0xa40
Faulting application start time: 0x01d17b7308766ca0
Faulting application path: C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High Beta\ahbeta.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High Beta\ahbeta.exe
Report Id: 7bb1bf27-e766-11e5-a0f0-50e549edb851

Faulting application name: ahbeta.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56e0734e
Faulting module name: ahbeta.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56e0734e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002c93e
Faulting process id: 0x12f4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d17b6e26fae01a
Faulting application path: C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High Beta\ahbeta.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High Beta\ahbeta.exe
Report Id: 0cd06067-e762-11e5-a0f0-50e549edb851

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2016, 04:28:17 AM »
It turns out that those Error messages never stop scrolling. They completely fill the text buffer and anything that the System or I type into the buffer is gone before I can read it.

Where's bustr's head bump when yo... Oh, there it is.  :bhead

Update:

If I disable Shadows, ALL those error messages disappear.  :airplane:
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2016, 04:38:07 AM »
"Foo Fighter" white globe reflections, oddly placed (unable to replicate cockpit view from filmviewer).  Several white globes oddly appear while inside of cockpit.  An example of what the globes look like can be seen in the attached ufo.ahf

Also, clouds spin independently when viewed from above.  (I thought this had been fixed in an earlier patch).

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2016, 08:23:15 AM »
I uploaded a new version of CraterMA and ran into a couple of problems.

First I have added some new fields and the default field country assignments for these new fields have not been updated online to match the fld file I included in the upload. The fld file in the host folder has the new fields listed correctly and the fields are correctly assigned in the terrain offline.

I loaded the file this morning, please check that it is correct.

HiTech
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:26:54 AM by hitech »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2016, 08:28:33 AM »

Update:

If I disable Shadows, ALL those error messages disappear.  :airplane:

The one other person with that error updated his video drivers and it completely fixed him. The error is creating the terrain shadow texture.
 HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2016, 09:08:40 AM »
The CTD issues reported in this thread area all the same report the key pieced of info is ths "0002c93e".

Thats the location in the program that caused the crash. That location has to deal with clouds. Right now I am trying to duplicate it to find the issue.

Any help on a repeatable why to make it happen would be appreciated. Also remember my goal is not to make the issue stop, but to find what is causing the issue.

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2016, 09:19:33 AM »
Duplicated the CTD issue it is an exit arena and enter arena bug. It only happens if you renter an arena with clouds.

Until next patch, always completely exit the game when changing arenas.

HiTech

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2016, 09:57:44 AM »
Errors like that should not be ignored.  We cannot fix them, by the way.  It is usually due to some anti-xxxx software, like Avast or Kaspersky (both of which have been having a ton of false triggers with AH3) or you are running AH3 off of an SSD.  It seems there are SSD's which cannot handle the speed of the file deletes and copies being made by the patcher.

I thought this was previously reported and didn't want to litter.  I am not running an SSD so I think we might have to add AVIRA PRO to the list of cranky anti-virus products. 

I just checked the Avira Pro event log and found entries against HEUR/APC(Cloud) that correspond to the release dates.

Turn off Anti-Virus for updates or perform clean installs for new releases?  Avira works pretty well so I don't think I'll be shopping for a new product.

Thanks.

:salute

« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 10:08:22 AM by Ratsy »
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2016, 11:00:06 AM »
Film Viewer does not load "your engine" sounds on first run of video.  In order to repeat bug:  open "ufo.ahf" from the post below, play it and listen for plane engine sounds.  Then, stop the video playback and play again after slider has moved back to start position.  The plane engine sound should now be heard.

Please, let me know if others are getting different results, I did turn my "your engine" sounds down when testing the game (default volume is way too loud for gameplay, over shadowing vox and other cool environmental sounds).  The setting may be realistic, but I doubt that many would not adjust it, in order to play.

Film attached in this message:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,378145.msg5035766.html#msg5035766

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2016, 11:27:35 AM »
Still seeing clouds shadows with constant motion jitters at the cloud editor default of 30mph.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2016, 12:21:03 PM »
CTD bug.  May be able to reproduce:  Two players of the same team attempt to move to the same task group / or gun.  The result was CTD every time afterwards that I even tried to join the task group, even before I got to tower or hangar.

data:

Exception Offset:   0018f416

Offline vanguard12

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2016, 12:21:35 PM »
I currently Play AH2 on an XP machine and have downloaded various betas as well as the latest and I'm having trouble starting the game.  When the program runs on the first screen, I can't see the clip board.  Might this be a configuration problem?

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2016, 12:29:22 PM »
I currently Play AH2 on an XP machine and have downloaded various betas as well as the latest and I'm having trouble starting the game.  When the program runs on the first screen, I can't see the clip board.  Might this be a configuration problem?
Did you move any settings or install it over AH2? I think that would do it.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2016, 12:41:24 PM »
I loaded the file this morning, please check that it is correct.

HiTech

Thanks, the default field assignments look OK now.