Author Topic: Beta 11 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 4104 times)

Offline KillerPops

• Zinc Member
Re: Beta 11 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2016, 03:08:09 AM »
The bomb sight looks straight fwd in the Ar234, in the newest crater arena.

Also the annuitetsfaktor (trim and dive brakes) are intermittent in the Ju87, just in case it hasn't been mentioned.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2016, 03:16:27 AM »
Nothing can be done about this, it is the nature of cube maps.

I know it would be an awful lot of work, but wouldn't it be possible to cut the engine nacelles off as separate objects with their own cube maps? Or at least identify the polygons associated with the nacelles as separate poly groups with a different cube map each? You would probably have to go with a "half-baked" model as you generated each cube map, otherwise the camera wouldn't see an environment mapped on adjoining surfaces. It might be a colossal mistake to try it, because of the additional memory usage, but I would be tempted to try it.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2016, 06:29:00 AM »
Terrain Editor

Info only:
When a new terrain is generated, all the water is at -200 but then if you use the Create All Beaches tool, all the water I checked was at -40 feet. What, no submarines?   ;)
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2016, 12:59:54 PM »
I know it would be an awful lot of work, but wouldn't it be possible to cut the engine nacelles off as separate objects with their own cube maps? Or at least identify the polygons associated with the nacelles as separate poly groups with a different cube map each? You would probably have to go with a "half-baked" model as you generated each cube map, otherwise the camera wouldn't see an environment mapped on adjoining surfaces. It might be a colossal mistake to try it, because of the additional memory usage, but I would be tempted to try it.

Do cube maps add a significant workload to the GPU?   Reduce frame rates significantly?   Are they involved with any other in-game process besides displaying an aircraft's skin?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2016, 01:42:47 PM »
Do cube maps add a significant workload to the GPU?   Reduce frame rates significantly?   Are they involved with any other in-game process besides displaying an aircraft's skin?

Real time creation of cube maps creates a significant work load. Just move the  environment slider to full ( this render to all 6 sides every frame) and see the fps drop.

Now just to create a some what more accurate reflection from an engine it would now take 4 more cube maps of 6 sides each for the b17.

Cube maps are used to create the illusion of shininess.

HiTech

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2016, 03:29:26 PM »
I feel like I'm getting pretty good results duplicating ]the shininess of bare metal skins using specularity.   Well, on the vertical surfaces anyway.  The fuselage and tail look realistic to me (the wings and stabilizer seem too flat and dull though) for bare aluminum, and if I understand the process correctly this skin did not depend on display of cube map info.

All the bare metal in this image has the same specularity value.  The horizontal surfaces are dull I assume because of the angle between the sun, the surface, and the viewer.  If there is a way to activate at least some portion of the specularity on the horizontal surfaces (can ambient light be an additional source?), I *think* the illusion of bare metal on this skin would be completely believable.

Also, what causes the foreground surfaces to be out of focus?   
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 03:39:58 PM by oboe »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2016, 03:45:19 PM »
One thing to keep in mind is that just as AHIII is coming into existence both GPU houses are preparing new processors that will/should reduce the workload. How much so we will have to wait to see.

I am looking forward to it.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2016, 07:03:17 PM »
I just realized the desktop shortcut icon image shows "AH Alpha" even though the text says "Aces High Beta Game"
same thing for the start menu.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 07:05:05 PM by Kanth »
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2016, 05:07:12 PM »
Is there a possible somewhat easy fix for the "shiny"  :cool: destroyed gunpit? 

If it does not entail lengthy coad, I would think the destroyed gunpit should either:

a)  show a darkened, disturbed earth + rubble [destroyed object]

or

b)  show burning / smoking + rubble [destroyed object]

even

c)  just remove the shine, and the "man in the moon" (second screenshot) mud face will do. (anyone else see him?) :lol

There are so many great graphics updates, I just feel that since, these structures have been highly intergrated into game play, they shouldn't take on this uncharacteristic shiny glass display at various angles (first screenshot).

« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 05:18:31 PM by Chilli »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2016, 05:11:47 PM »
On the Pacific islands it would be white and visible from many miles away. So, maybe it's intentional?

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2016, 05:26:30 PM »
On the Pacific islands it would be white and visible from many miles away. So, maybe it's intentional?

Maybe, but white is one thing, do you see the reflective rays radiating from the pit?

Brings up another (maybe bug):  Base structures disappear @ 13.7k from ship guns.  Shore Battery is visible for much greater distance (tested up to 18.4k).  Shore battery as well able to see ships at such distances.  I speak of visual from Shore Battery, because I suspected the height above sea level might be the root cause, and ruled that out.

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2016, 06:54:38 PM »
I believe we have found something. It seems that when you are in a tank or gv with more than one gun they all fire at the same time. I see multiple streams from all guns. you can actually hear each one hit . 
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2016, 07:35:08 PM »
Logged into the online arena, the pop up about the mission in progress, i had just clicked on hangar, i could not click on either the yes of the no button while I was in the hangar, I had to move back to the tower for it to work.
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2016, 08:14:04 PM »
In the TE, you can't search with Select By Shape on the object, 'fixme'.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2016, 01:03:36 PM »
WAFFLE,

Are you still looking to clean up trees growing out of the road, side walks, and walls in the town?

I'm finding them while moving around the town on my terrain's current iteration I used to make your signature. The terrain set is terrset00 but, I don't know how much my choice of tile painting up to the object's boarders directly effects what trees and bushes will popup inside of the town. I'm finding trees growing out of the side walks, roads and at least one wall. Oh and the steel frame bridge I reported several times is still showing as ghost framing while you drive on it until you use zoom.

Is this specific to my terrain or a generic response by the town to terrset00?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.